Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ent

Savant
Random cosmetic question ... do armor, helmets etc. appear visually on the PC in the game field?
sadly no - the armors have unique looks and some change up the face gear/helmets the characters wear. There is one helmet I do believe changes your actual look.

Canus

Savant
Is the "Expertise" feat a noob trap? Adds damage equal to your level? It seems like a great feat to boost damage for a low strength 4 super fast fist-spam psi build I'm doing.

The way I look at it is this; if you are making big hits, only useful at high levels, if you're going unarmed or melee and you're a dex build, that extra damage is going to add up pretty quickly and it definitely helps.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Only played alpha for a few hours, but I figured that SCIENCE is the way to go.

lxnuvh.jpg

Fun fact: if you leave the background of custom portrait transparent, the game will replace it according to your surroundings, just like any vanilla portrait.

:love:

Canus

Savant
How about burrowers? You can't got keycard without Persuasion (or you can?)

You can't. *cry*
Had a minor OCD-induced stroke when I found out part of the map was now unaccessible to me.

I went back to him in the homebase after that and he just gave me the card when I asked him about it again. I think it said it was a persuasion check but I had 0 persuasion and he still gave it to me.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Have found Energy Emitter Shield blueprints in Junkyard, is it bug or not?
I don't remember exactly but I think it's not.

So , does PSi have uses out of combat?

What are the STR reqs for some nice pew-pew weapons (rifles, cool energy weapons, etc)?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I had one check vs the Faceless where having Though Control helped me somehow, but I'm not sure if it's just flavor text stuff or something actually useful.

I had one check vs the Faceless where having Though Control helped me somehow, but I'm not sure if it's just flavor text stuff or something actually useful.

That's what I mean, on paper sounds really cool, like that stuff in the Divinity game with dragons. But if it's just for flavour or the odd check I rather go with guns and science in a first time.

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
Is there a reason to not take tabi boots? the stats bonus' for the resistance trade offs seem ridiculously good

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
So, when is the next updated is going to be released ?

I have encountered few bug, but it's not really game-breaking.

ST'Ranger

Augur
So , does PSi have uses out of combat?

What are the STR reqs for some nice pew-pew weapons (rifles, cool energy weapons, etc)?

The short answer to "does X have non-combat uses in Underrail?" is "no".

The long answer is more complicated. Underrail is not a game where you will be selecting "[Intelligence] We can get past these walls with explosives" options every dialogue. It's more about selecting the method of dispatching your many foes. Alternative uses for combat skills and normal uses for skills like Persuasion/Intimidate occur infrequently but have high impact. To say any more would be spoiling certain elements of the game.

Underrail is not a diplomacy game, you are absolutely not going to talk your way through it like can be done in AoD or similar. With that said, I suggest you just play the character concept you feel most attracted to - it will work out, and you will uncover a great many things.

You can see the requirements for weapons and feats etc. at the wiki http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons , though I strongly advise staying away from topics like quests, NPCs, etc. because they are rife with multiple levels of spoilers.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I see the UnderRail wiki is having some slight issues with traffic. A good problem to have :lol:

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
the crash log is under Documents\My Games\Underrail
Open a thread with some info and copy paste the crash log, will look into it for surely.

it's just easier for us to keep track in our bugs forum.

There's a time when i load save file, it's crashed for no reason.

Luckily i got a backup file just in case, so it's not really game-breaking (atleast for me) at the moment.

The rest is played as itended i think.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Leaving aside kewl Feats, can I get away with a 3 STR as a pistol/SMG user? Or are there STR reqs for say heavy pistols?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out on the wiki - I couldn't find any Pistols or SMGs that showed a "Minimal Strength" requirement. :)

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sup guise.

So this morning I FINALLY managed to get around to playing the release version of Underrail and I must say I'm VERY impressed with the game. Everything looks much better, merchants actually seem to HAVE stuff and the game simply feels GREAT.

It might be a little early to ask, but how is the game doing sales wise? I REALLY hope it sells enough to keep Stygian Software in business. :salute:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let me leave this here as well for more chance it is seen:
I got one major complaint. The bartering screen could be improved:
1. Auto button does not let you tell it to only use one currency. If keeps putting Stygian coins into it when I only want to use SGS coins. In the end I have to put in money manually. Which brings me to next complaints about bartering..
2. When transferring things between inventory and barter screen it does not bring up the split screen like all other games. You have to presplit items which is very irritating and makes the whole thing worse. Please. please Styg , Mac_Orion fix this.

epeli

Arcane
I see the UnderRail wiki is having some slight issues with traffic. A good problem to have :lol:
It took 2 years before the release to get 3 million views.
It took 2 days after the release to get 200k more.

That's my personal way of knowing the release was a success, even if Styg's webhost can't quite handle the pressure. :P

Ein Axt

Educated
Hey guys. Unlucky crossbowman here who got hit by a bug from yesterday.

I've decided to roll another character. I'm playing with a knife murdering invisible man now. I have a question regarding re-stealthing in combat: How does it really work? I'm trying to run behind a corner and restealth myself only for the enemy to come next turn already with a "red eye" icon on them shooting me. What am I doing wrong here?

epeli

Arcane
I have a question regarding re-stealthing in combat: How does it really work?

You need to incapacitate your enemies (stuns don't work) so they lose sight of you. Then you can just re-stealth or dash behind a corner to end combat. Flashbangs, tranquilizing bolts, cheap shots feat, that sort of thing.

Ein Axt

Educated
I see. If I incapacitate someone, can I just re-stealth in their face? Or do I need to break line of sight?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom