Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
From what I've seen you only need blue eels for Advanced health hypo and Pentapuses for Psi reinvigorators.

According to the wiki, these recipes require fish humours:

advanced health hypo
super hh
regenerative mixture
jumping bean
bullhead
super soldier drug
psi reinvigorator
chemical bolts
anything with black dragon poison

That's quite a lot, no?

epeli

Arcane
(Deep Caverns Spoiler Question) So, you can't

side with the Faceless in the Deep Caverns unless you haven't killed a single Faceless? I find this a bit disappointing since the two times when I did kill faceless -- Buzzer's Shop and the West Wing Scouting Part -- I left no witness. I figured as long no Faceless lived to tell their superiors I could befriend them later in the game. Is there any way to make them like me or will have to play some other character?

Leaving no witnesses doesn't help when they can read your mind. You can kill faceless in self-defense (eg. at the institute invasion) and still side with them, as long as you have helped them on two occasions (in core city and foundry) and haven't actively pursued ways to harm them.

Blackmill

Scholar
(Deep Caverns Spoiler Question) So, you can't

side with the Faceless in the Deep Caverns unless you haven't killed a single Faceless? I find this a bit disappointing since the two times when I did kill faceless -- Buzzer's Shop and the West Wing Scouting Part -- I left no witness. I figured as long no Faceless lived to tell their superiors I could befriend them later in the game. Is there any way to make them like me or will have to play some other character?

Leaving no witnesses doesn't help when they can read your mind. You can kill faceless in self-defense (eg. at the institute invasion) and still side with them, as long as you have helped them on two occasions (in core city and foundry) and haven't actively pursued ways to harm them.

I'm approaching 300 in Thought Control and have 15 Will. Maybe true masters of the mind should be able to hide their past deeds? I actually think it would be a pretty cool way to infiltrate the Faceless.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Some blueprints are useless. What is the point of having a blueprint for advanced health hypo, if organic gel electrolyte is almost impossible to find?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Some blueprints are useless. What is the point of having a blueprint for advanced health hypo, if organic gel electrolyte is almost impossible to find?

It's easy to get after you do the fishing quest.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

So you need to stealth your way through Buzzer's shop and the area outside as well?

Blackmill

Scholar

So you need to stealth your way through Buzzer's shop and the area outside as well?

You really only need to sneak past the exterior since the alternate entrance puts you just a few steps away from the Faceless Mindreader. Speak to the Mindreader and you can resolve everything peacefully.

epeli

Arcane

Not necessarily. It is possible to completely skip the faceless situation in Rail Crossing and find clues about Cornell elsewhere.

Tigranes

Arcane
Should a mostly-Psi character push Biology? I've never put it above 50 because I felt like you have more hypos and adrenaline boosters from shops after a while than you'll ever need, while I've never even seen a Focus Stim blueprint. I only ever put it up to 50 for regenerative vest.

Old One

Arcane
The Hardcore Bar area, the Electronics shop area, and the elevator area on the same level could all be merged into one. It still wouldn't be that big. I'm guessing it would be a PIA to do the work of merging them though.

bati

Scholar
ZaiSIHm.png

Charons is my middle name.

Just kidding. It's Shlomo.

bati

Scholar
Possibly. But in that case he could just use decimal separator.

I need some recommendations for the last feat. Playing a stealthy SMG grenadier. So far I have the following feats:

- Expertise
- Hit & Run
- Nimble
- Opportunist
- Pack Rathound
- Paranoia
- Suppresive Fire
- Interloper
- Grenadier
- Ballistics
- Three-Pointer
- Spec Ops
- Commando

Still up for grabs:

- Burglar (why not :lol:)
- Clothier
- Gun Nut
- Power Management
- Quick Pockets
- Recklessness
- Skinner
- Sprint
- Sure Step
- Escape Artist
- Evasive Maneuvers

I'm not sure I want any of the crafting ones, differences with or w/o are fairly minor (in hindsight, I kinda regret picking up Ballistics :negative:). Since it's my last slot I'd rather take something that will be at least moderately useful in DC.

epeli

Arcane
Is there any good reason they don't stack above 999? Does the large font not accommodate four digits or something?

My personal theory is that Styg suffered some sort of horrible mental trauma at his previous job writing banking software and now he refuses to do anything with money piles larger than 999. I suspect he's also allergic to money, which would explain Underral's ludicrously low pricetag.

ArchAngel

Arcane
A question about Gauntlet
I am stuck on level where electricity runs on the floor and I cannot do anything but die. I got a key to skip the first room with rathounds but then I get to another room with Siphoners. Electricity comes and kills us all even before I can kill one Siphoner. Wiki says this level is supposed to be without enemies. What gives?!

I am stuck on level where electricity runs on the floor and I cannot do anything but die. I got a key to skip the first room with rathounds but then I get to another room with Siphoners. Electricity comes and kills us all even before I can kill one Siphoner. Wiki says this level is supposed to be without enemies. What gives?!
That means you're too slow - you really want more than one key. The electricity is someone else finishing the gauntlet. Might want to restart and get more keys.

I need some recommendations for the last feat. Playing a stealthy SMG grenadier. So far I have the following feats:

- Expertise
- Hit & Run
- Nimble
- Opportunist
- Pack Rathound
- Paranoia
- Suppresive Fire
- Interloper
- Grenadier
- Ballistics
- Three-Pointer
- Spec Ops
- Commando

Still up for grabs:

- Clothier
- Gun Nut
- Power Management
- Quick Pockets
- Recklessness
- Skinner
- Sprint
- Sure Step
- Escape Artist
- Evasive Maneuvers

I'm not sure I want any of the crafting ones, differences with or w/o are fairly minor (in hindsight, I kinda regret picking up Ballistics :negative:). Since it's my last slot I'd rather take something that will be at least moderately useful in DC.
Mine isn't stealthy, but I took Kneecap shot. I know most of the time I'll be burst firing, but that seems like such a good skill to have.

If someone tells me its stupid, I just finished GMS so I can easily restart.

Sykar

Arcane

You really only need to sneak past the exterior since the alternate entrance puts you just a few steps away from the Faceless Mindreader. Speak to the Mindreader and you can resolve everything peacefully.

Damn, makes me want to start all over again. Is it worth it for that opion or does it not impact the endgame much?

No - you can get the trapdoor key from the head of the town and take out the plasma sentry outside - then find the burrower tunnels and enter that way. Easy to run past the faceless on the first floor of Buzzer's shop when you use the trap door.

Tigranes

Arcane
Is there any good reason they don't stack above 999? Does the large font not accommodate four digits or something?

My personal theory is that Styg suffered some sort of horrible mental trauma at his previous job writing banking software and now he refuses to do anything with money piles larger than 999. I suspect he's also allergic to money, which would explain Underral's ludicrously low pricetag.

This also explains Styg's generous decision to reward every player who plays more than 4 hours of Underrail with unlimited cash :M

Nines

Learned

Blackmill

Scholar
Just a tip for those about to enter the Deep Caverns. If you have high enough Biology, try making a Regenerative Vest, and stock up on Batteries. If the quality is high enough, a single Battery is effectively a 200 health heal. You won't even need Hypos.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That means you're too slow - you really want more than one key. The electricity is someone else finishing the gauntlet. Might want to restart and get more keys.
WTF. I got two keys but not the one for 2nd door. But if this is true, I will rather load the save before this shitty dungeon and not ever bother doing it. Damn I wasted 1 hour on this for nothing

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape

- Expertise
- Hit & Run
- Nimble
- Opportunist
- Pack Rathound
- Paranoia
- Suppresive Fire
- Interloper
- Grenadier
- Ballistics
- Three-Pointer
- Spec Ops
- Commando

Still up for grabs:

- Clothier
- Gun Nut
- Power Management
- Quick Pockets
- Recklessness
- Skinner
- Sprint
- Sure Step
- Escape Artist
- Evasive Maneuvers

Sprint. Rush face or going back behind corner after rushing face.

How is SMG compared to AR?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just a tip for those about to enter the Deep Caverns. If you have high enough Biology, try making a Regenerative Vest, and stock up on Batteries. If the quality is high enough, a single Battery is effectively a 200 health heal. You won't even need Hypos.
I collected 80 advanced hypos. And 200+ stealth. I hope that will be enough :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom