Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The last dev log entry says:

So, is the game finished at this point, as in no more areas/quests are being developed, or should I wait more until starting a complete playthrough?

Styg is working on expansion content, he said there will definitely be news about it this year.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2293

Inspired by this awesome thread I made my own Murphy, kind of slow in the beginning, but once you hit rapid fire, oh boy! Rapid reloader 9mm hammerer with expanded magazine is heavan. Spiked steel fist isn't all that good, takes too much AP. Better to use a dagger, but gotta stay true to the character. Changed the feats a bit though, picked Expertise instead of Conditioning and Grenadier instead of Point Shot. It's a bit sad, but without a lot of grenades it's mighty tough out there for a cyber cop. Toxic grenades and flashbangs are my favourites, with emps to deal with shields.

Currently at level 18, just purged the drones and am finally getting my mechanics up so I can craft super steel. Having a real blast, never knew a heavy armour pistol build could be this much fun.

vmar

Savant
45 hours into my first playthrough and I just wanted to say I really love this game. Best rpg I've played in a long time.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=2293

Inspired by this awesome thread I made my own Murphy, kind of slow in the beginning, but once you hit rapid fire, oh boy! Rapid reloader 9mm hammerer with expanded magazine is heavan. Spiked steel fist isn't all that good, takes too much AP. Better to use a dagger, but gotta stay true to the character. Changed the feats a bit though, picked Expertise instead of Conditioning and Grenadier instead of Point Shot. It's a bit sad, but without a lot of grenades it's mighty tough out there for a cyber cop. Toxic grenades and flashbangs are my favourites, with emps to deal with shields.

Currently at level 18, just purged the drones and am finally getting my mechanics up so I can craft super steel. Having a real blast, never knew a heavy armour pistol build could be this much fun.
Well, now I have to try one too!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
QqcrCj1.jpg

This is making me rage! This mission... Here I am trying to keep all my companions alive. Got the perfect molotov out, setting some on fire and blocking access. But then the idiot melee dude on my team decides to attack and in the process walks over the fire which turns my allies against me since he got damaged. :argh:

vmar

Savant
The only part of this game that's really made me rage so far is the Beast quest, way too much back and forth. Other than that I'm having a great time.

Question, is crafting needed for Hard mode? Playing on normal atm and I've pretty much ignored crafting like I do in most games. Thinking about doing a knife/psi build or something for my next game on Hard.

7cd7e812953e9ac854aee2e79a77d065.jpg

The proper way to enjoy CAU :)
God I love this game! There is no other game except Arcanum that took me back to Fallout experience. It's even better than that. Thank you Styg! Didn't think I will get the chance to play such a beautiful game past 30 years ;). So cheers for that! A real incline for the love of CRPG!

Last edited:

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Question, is crafting needed for Hard mode? Playing on normal atm and I've pretty much ignored crafting like I do in most games.
Yes you want to craft in this game, you will regret it once you get to around the mid way point. Pretty much all the best gear you can acquire is done through crafting.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Question, is crafting needed for Hard mode? Playing on normal atm and I've pretty much ignored crafting like I do in most games.
Yes you want to craft in this game, you will regret it once you get to around the mid way point. Pretty much all the best gear you can acquire is done through crafting.
If you absolutly need the top quality best gear then sure, crafting is the way to go. But if you can settle for the second best, which is plenty good, crafting isnt a must. But crafting also gives you a lot of options to customize your gear in a way that might be unaccessible without it. I mean, you can add for example psi beetle carapace to some armours to make an armour that helps with your psi skills. Or regenerative vests. Or some crazy acid/cryo pistols.

All in all, crafting is very rewarding and lets you customize your gear if you want. But you can play the game, and finish it without crafting, not a problem.

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
If you absolutly need the top quality best gear then sure, crafting is the way to go. But if you can settle for the second best, which is plenty good, crafting isnt a must. But crafting also gives you a lot of options to customize your gear in a way that might be unaccessible without it. I mean, you can add for example psi beetle carapace to some armours to make an armour that helps with your psi skills. Or regenerative vests. Or some crazy acid/cryo pistols.

All in all, crafting is very rewarding and lets you customize your gear if you want. But you can play the game, and finish it without crafting, not a problem.
Not to mention you can make higher tier grenades and traps very early on. Nades + Traps = The solution to any tough encounter that you have a problem with.

Taser, cloaking device, gas grenades, special ammo (acid bullets, explosive bullets etc.)...I don't recall ever finding any of these items outside of crafting though i could be wrong. Than you got recycle item and repair kit, there is just so much good stuff you can do with crafting. It's not like other games where it's just a tacked on gimmick, a lot of work has been put into it, you're really doing a disservice to yourself by not using/exploiting the crafting system. It's very rewarding and satisfying.

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
7cd7e812953e9ac854aee2e79a77d065.jpg

The proper way to enjoy CAU :)
God I love this game! There is no other game except Arcanum that took me back to Fallout experience. It's even better than that. Thank you Styg! Didn't think I will get the chance to play such a beautiful game past 30 years ;). So cheers for that! A real incline for the love of CRPG!

Got this sitting in my Steam library, haven't played it since early access. Will have to be a culturedfag myself and grab a bottle of wine and start playing through it one of these weekends.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I heard Underrail is supposed to be like Fallout, but so far I'm just running around caves killing things. If this is Fallout it's the worst of Fallout.

I heard Underrail is supposed to be like Fallout, but so far I'm just running around caves killing things. If this is Fallout it's the worst of Fallout.
don't give up! it get's better! Sure it's more combat oriented then Fallout, but it does feature quests with different outcomes and it does get more opened once you reach Core City.
It does resemble Fallout a lot for it's combat, perspective and character development. But the combat is much better then Fallout IMO.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Indeed. Give it an hour or two - use items and such.
You have far more options in combat than what FO 1-2 offered.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Underrail is alot more combat oriented than fallout, but when you are in the hub or cities, doing stuff is pretty fun too and there are alot of stuff beside combat

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
And it's not just the combat, it's also the exploration aspect where the game shines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom