Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Eh, Expedition overstayed its welcome.
Depending on which faction you chose there's a fucking shit ton of ground to cover with the jet ski, back and forth.
I'll never do another pirate playthrough as long as I live.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Please rename the thread title. This game is far too good to be associated with the wank that is Star Wars: The Farce Awankens
It took me a long while to realize that the thread title was a reference to a Star Trek movie that happened to be released around the same time.
It's actually a pretty lame title, there's no pun or anything, just a random reference to some movie.

It needs to be renamed, and it needs to be renamed NOW, and it needs to be renamed to:

Underrail - A Post Cave Wizard Nerf Discussion

(A nod to a 1997 computer RPG called "Fallout: A Post Nuclear Roleplaying Game", a game few people know about today, which ended up getting a sequel and two spinoff titles, before its second sequel was cancelled in-development (this is why the Games tab on the Codex main page reads "This feature is under-development." (some people claim this spelling is wrong, but when the administration can ban you for any perceived slight, who can really tell what is right or wrong anymore?). I ain't talking about chicken 'n gravy biatch. It is rumored that DarkUnderlord will fill that page once he stops wasting away his days breaking "kangaroo race" speed records and teaming up with snakes to hunt rabbits) and the rights were sold to Bethesda, who used them to create the commercial and critical success "Fallout 3" and revitalized the franchise, expanding it to include an online multiplayer game as well as a a TV show that is also in-development.)

Y'all KNOW that shit, nigga!

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Eh, Expedition overstayed its welcome.
Depending on which faction you chose there's a fucking shit ton of ground to cover with the jet ski, back and forth.
I'll never do another pirate playthrough as long as I live.

You are not playing smart. Go to ray, buy cheap ski, park it in the Rig, rent a room, discover the rift, teleport to pirate base, take a quest, teleport back do what you have to do, return to rig, park the jet ski for another quest, teleport. Its not that hard really.

Sheepherder

Augur
That's already in the game, though.
1) This guys are muties from Junkyard, not Lemurians
2) There's no need to fight them
3) They occupy one location and necessary to interact in one quest
I don't think you understand. The game is already full of deranged, lemurian mutants. They are probably the largest enemy faction at Black Sea.
Those are atlanteans. Or rather, descendants of atlanteans.

Tygrende

Arbiter
They were basically one people, especially after generations of living in Lemuria. Definitely the closest thing to actual living lemurians other than Todd.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
All right, I am ready to take it up a notch and explore the game on my own, BUT I want to ask if I should go with Hard or Dominating.
I don't mind reloading, and I was thinking I will play Oddity, both to make it challenging and to force myself to properly explore. However, I fear this will force me to Pickpocket + Hack + Lockpick, which is a big investment. To help offset it, I was thinking of using a 10 Dex Throwing Knife build. Without detailing the build too much, can you tell me if I am gonna run into a wall with such a build? And is taking Psionics a good idea? I was gonna grab 7 Will for dialogue options but I am not sure I wanna bother learning psi, and with my planned 3 Con I probably need every HP I can squeeze out, plus Stealth.

The build I envision would specialize in crafting & throwing knives and grenades, and maybe using a pistol if the knife isn't working. Does that sound doable? Also, do I need tailoring? In the Normal-mode run I played just now until Core City, I found being able to craft stealth gear a big boon, but I can in theory just buy it.Then again, on Hard/Dominating, I probably need higher Stealth for it to work.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I take that as a no. Are Throwing Knives not cutting it on higher difficulties?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wouldn't recommend that, but I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the other guys in the thread.

Goromorg

Savant
Max Dex + max throwing + Grenadier + Three pointer is a very powerful combo, add throwing knives to the mix and you have a viable build.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
This is what I came up with intuitively without reading many guides:

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQC...aWloAAAAALwDCgicmGTnCs14-XFFYFkHipbwK4qqoBd-_

Please keep in mind that many values are going to be 'wrong' because I don't know exactly yet what all I can craft and stuff like that, but I will tweak that as I play. Incidentally it has Max Dex, Max Throwing and Grenadier and Three Pointer!

Oh, and there's still some feats not picked right because I am still going through the list of all the feats.
I also didn't pick them in order yet, tweaking that now.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I have no idea how you can play the whole game (+expansion) with throwing knives. At least take Versatility as a back up.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQC...AALwDCgic5JhlYPlxRXhZBAjAdwrMlG-KlvAriqqgF378
There, I picked a few feats. It looks like I have room for Versatility, and it will make for a very cheap backup I think, since I heard high Dex is good for Pistols/Fists.

Absolute worst case I hit a wall and restart.

Do I need Perception high for Throwing Knives / Nades? If I want Versatility I have to reduce Perception to 6 from 7.
But I think I would be fine without Versatility because I will be crafting a grenade for all situations.

Last edited:

Goromorg

Savant
Do I need Perception high for Throwing Knives / Nades? If I want Versatility I have to reduce Perception to 6 from 7.
No need to raise perception at all, you'll only need dexterity. If you want to include Versatility, max Melee and (optionally) take Expose weakness.
Important crafting threshholds:
~170 Electronics
~140 Tailoring
30-40 Mechanics for leather armor and knives/grenades/caltrops
150 biology for strongest poisons
0 Chemistry (you can craft powerful Plasma grenades and buy Mk IV frags)
95-105 Mercantile

jackofshadows

Magister
Pack Rathound? Get rid of it, seriously. Just don't pick up trash, you'll have to manage inventory all the time anyway.

Ninja Looter? Forget about it.

I'd consider Blindsiding, Escape Artist or Recklessness instead. Gotta say that I haven't tried throwing-only build myself though.

Wunderbar Versatility doesn't work with throwing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Ninja Looter was because I had feats to spare, thank you for the suggestions, maybe I will try those!
Goromorg HUGE thanks on the thresholds, I haven't played the game enough yet to take them. Thank you man!

Just one thing, you sure about Chem 0? My last run those MK IVs made every encounter trivial, you sure I will be fine just buying them?

jackofshadows
Man I can't imagine not having Pack Rathound...
THEN AGAIN I won't be lugging around lots of ammo, so maybe it'll be fine.

Hmmm, if I don't need Perception at all, I could dump Perception down to 3 to get higher Int to save points on crafting and maybe get more dialogue options...! BUT as a new player, maybe having 7 Per is good for finding hidden stuff.

jackofshadows

Magister
Man I can't imagine not having Pack Rathound...
Look, I'm a loot whore myself. And seeing 25% sale value on DOM was literally painful to me. But I had to overcome this at least to a degree or I would have spent even more (my run took about 150 hours) time to running back and forth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom