Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Someone as Stygian has a monocled music taste
rating_prestigious.png

2kdnxYT6D-g.jpg

After giving this subject some thought, this is the best game I've played all year, hands down. Ran through it to completion once, loved it. Restarted with new build to run through Expedition content, loved it.

Games like this give me hope that there is still impending incline.

EDIT: Still looking forward to running through it again in a year or two once my memory's faded b/c I never got to check out the Azif shit.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I start the Expedition, and of course, the first thing I do is to perform the Endlösung on Sørmirbæren untermenschen.

At first I was like...

E6bO9Rz_ff8.jpg

But then I...

dcOFKK0GPy4.jpg

Seriously: guy has 2700 HP, God knows how many evasion for the hit chance I had was 40-45%, netting chance of whopping 25%, is immune to taser, and flashbangs - one worked only after fifth or sixth reload. Of course, there is always the option of going back, stocking on 30+ bear traps and wasting them all comfortably, but I wasn't in the mood for backtracking. Suffice for now.

But now, the North of Black Sea is calm and serene. Pirate scum is next.

jackofshadows

Magister
At level 25, I have crafted my very first wearable item, a new energy shield!

Old shield:
20319743b8a208e88ec86d0355dae106.png

New shield:
f10ea5ac11d21d813ecd13c025912789.png
Yup, that's pretty crazy. As far as I know, it's impossible to aсquire anything stronger than 1000 capacity w/o craft. Conversely, it's not that hard to craft 2000+ with the dedicated perk.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The funny part is, I have never actually used the shield because I never remember to turn it on... I try to fight each encounter in such a way that I never get hit, which has so far been viable even on Dominating. I am going to clear the 'expedition' now before I finish up the main game. Need the Oddities because I want to level up my tailoring to make some armor.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Jesus Christ energy shields can go THAT high? I never saw one bigger than 500 in the entirety of my first run!

A'ight, I guess Electronics is the way to go in making up the HP difference on my Psi Brainlet, Full-Lore build.

hell bovine

Arcane
Jesus Christ energy shields can go THAT high? I never saw one bigger than 500 in the entirety of my first run!

A'ight, I guess Electronics is the way to go in making up the HP difference on my Psi Brainlet, Full-Lore build.
While shields are nice, I've found that the easiest way to defend a psi is a) attack from stealth or b) stack initiative to ensure you win the draw. As long as your wizard goes first in combat, you can end your turn with the enemies either dead, or disabled, or your toon protected by stasis (and force field before the nerf).

Then there was the high con/resistant psi build that Goromorg posted. While that was before the nerf, it should still work and it was pretty op.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Psi? I only use throwing knives. :smug:
(And grenades which keep running out, grrrr. There are SO many natives, I need hundreds of canisters of napalm and explosives to wipe them all out!)

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
More Dissasemble autismo:

The shields you pick up from enemies/boxes are usually barebones ones - base, emitter and core. But sometimes you can find "augmented" shield with second emitter. Curious thing is that often this second emitter is of peculiar quality - zero quality, to be precise.

uPA48l9OXOc.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
My 'saving up for a big endgame dungeon' stash in my house:

8ab9edb80774b97a0583c42c5bae54e6.png

Hope to have 200 Frags and 100 Plasmas before the time comes. Too proud to use cheat engine to restock merchants, so this is all just from normal playing. Not pictured: the dozens I always have in my inventory. Funnily enough this is nowhere near enough throwing knives... I will need ten times this many, I think! They go quick.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
You know how you open this compound in the expedition camp with the arm? Well, when the Professor's kidnapping fails, the pirates blow up some passage in there and if you follow it you get to those four nagas. They were pretty easy for me thanks to throwing!

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
You know how you open this compound in the expedition camp with the arm? Well, when the Professor's kidnapping fails, the pirates blow up some passage in there and if you follow it you get to those four nagas.
I remember getting there over the water because I don't spec pickpocket. See, I want to kill those Nagas, but looking for this location and fighting hundreds of snakes, crabs and spiders seems tiresome to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom