Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Or if you doing Oculus quest in Foundry via hack&lockpick, there is one particular nasty camera...

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
In continuation of my story with Magnar...

One does not simply kills Magnar once. But since I didn't have any juice on me the first time, I retreated and came back later, this time prepared. And oh boy, does this motherfucker have some really ridiculous resistances - none of my spells were able to damage him good enough, with like 20 or 30 dmg per attack and this is just no good. That is until I decided to try Temporal Distortion, which I have never used before, because, well, it looks like shit. Thus, the Benny Hill show ensued - I put several debuffs on him and run away - he runs after me. After several turns of such comedy, the guy finally died the final time.

Although, I still don't understand how to use it in more standard encounters. The damage is just too low.

Essegi

Cipher
Since my previous post things are going well. I had really hard time at Depot A... To discover that i could avoid the hardest match, but who knew? I had to use many poison caltrops, kill some, run on another map (hard since those fkin dogs sticks you to the ground), use nades and good stretegies... It took too many tries, too bad i didn't notice a molotov that would have been the best thing ever and i still had not learnt to craft (not my character, me as player), a metal armor would have worked wonder. I could buy one but at expense of nearly all ammo and i couldn't do that. I noticed that i could build a tungsten armor but i hadn't the strength to use it, lol.
A least i got the hang of crafting and economy now.
There was a bastard i couldn't kill since it was invisible and always crippled and critted me. I retried just threwing a nade to break invisibility then full-auted him to death.
I neglected traps and throwing and now i'm putting some points on that.
Now burrowers are a pain in the ass in the east outpost but i have plenty to explore around and i bought some special ammo. I'm having a great time now, i just crafted my first metal armor, not high quality but seems a game changer, and a sniper rifle to soften enemies from distance. I'll see if it works.

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Damn, those gimmick builds are fun. I guess a full PSI is a gimmick build too after the nerf? I don't use any weapons at all, don't use any traps and caltrops since Depot A and use grenades very sparingly (no offensive ones, only EMPs and FBs sometimes). Zero SP invested into Traps and Throwing for that matter.

Also, 3 CON and Høddurform equipped most of the time... A faint breeze can kill my char.

hell bovine

Arcane
Damn, those gimmick builds are fun. I guess a full PSI is a gimmick build too after the nerf?
I'd not call them a gimmick. There are different ways to build a psi, same as before, but now the game gives you little incentive to use the least powerful abilities. Underrail went from cave wizards with full spellbooks, to cave sorcerers: choose the most powerful spells and blast away.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do Black Eel skiers at the Rig and nearby ever stop to spawn at some point? I've blown up the sonar, reported to Cap'n but they just keep coming - and I want to loot the jets a little.
I want to remember that they stop spawning. I was killing them for an eternity, though. It was mass murder. Bodies everywhere.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Well, regarding one item that eventually became useless as a quest item: did they ever add in the ability to take the disk you get from Elwood's house for decoding, like going to Ezra or Tanner in SGS?

Scrounger

Educated
I wonder if they will add that option, it seems like certain people could actually give you their thought on it or like you said, decode it for more information. It does resemble the material of which the underrail "Eye" is made of, it's surface shell at least...

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
That's the one. I really want them to create a multi-level dungeon, similar in size to South Gate station itself. Filled with turrets, ruined bots, cannibals, monsters, and the like. I always felt that SGS only became the political powerhouse in the South it was because it won the war with GMS, and before that it was a very different landscape politically.

Tanner might have specifically recruited individuals like Gorsky, Ezra, Vera, and a lot of ex-Biocorp personnel in order to provide a stable, out of the way place for him to reside.

Scrounger

Educated
I have a slight feeling that Omega station will kinda find it's way into some patch, maybe like a random dungeon.
I mean, there is probably some reason for omega to have multiple entrances. That place is huge, some section are probably buried in debris and who knows if anything of value is even left there.

madhouse

I keep getting filtered by these mutant bastards down at the depot. The regular ones were piss easy with trap spam and picking off the reluctant mutties with crossbow. Now these bastards are spitting god damn vomit all over and I can do fuck. I already restarted my earlier character by redoing the build (I didn't plan to first one because I tl;dr the feat list) to be efficient, and I have all the specs planned out step by step. I'm not done exploring whatever is free to explore while avoiding combat and without extreme savescumming. I'm on hard difficulty.

Jason Liang

Arcane
It's not hard to sneak to the drill chip, underground gets you very close. Even if you fight through, learning to restealth is helpful. Would be useful if you could tell us if you are stuck on the West or North sector. Bring lots of Motlovs, and focus on the mutants since the doggies can't open doors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom