Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane
Anyone knows when the next update is scheduled?
should be january, depends on testing.

Will you fix the glaring PSI issue?

There is no issue, works as intended.

Whats planned for the next update?

A lot from everything, UI overhaul so its better for 2k/4k screens, some new quests/dungeons, some items/ some gameplay changes (not nerfs), overall, that will be the last bigger content patch, im already annoyed when i get halted from my work on infusion to do something for underrail.

Just pure
:retarded:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
UI overhaul so its better for 2k/4k screens

This is great news. I didn't expect this to ever happen. Usually, UI systems written before hidpi can't be refactoring into supporting it.

Please also add a keyboard shortcut for pressing 'craft' in the dialog so I can retire my autohotkey script.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

There is no issue, works as intended.

Whats planned for the next update?

A lot from everything, UI overhaul so its better for 2k/4k screens, some new quests/dungeons, some items/ some gameplay changes (not nerfs), overall, that will be the last bigger content patch, im already annoyed when i get halted from my work on infusion to do something for underrail.

Any new Lore?

I am lore addict for Underrail.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Thanks dude! I will wait for the update.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
still haven't played this yet, what issue does psi have?

About half are now worthless or near worthless and never worth using/memorizing.

Psimenu.png

you saying half of those are worthless?
make a concrete post about the skills that you think that are bad and post it on our forum under suggestions with the reason you think there is no need to memorize them.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

About half are now worthless or near worthless and never worth using/memorizing.

Psimenu.png

make a concrete post about the skills that you think that are bad and post it on our forum under suggestions with the reason you think there is no need to memorize them.
you are reading sykar post wrong. Its important that other half is made worthless too

Sykar

Arcane

Psimenu.png

Yes you fucking retard. Crystasis, Armor, Exo, Force Field (good chance of getting killed now), Emission(except PSI Monk), Distortion, Interruption, Disruption, Distortion (outside of dedicated mono Temp cave wizard), Precognition and Rewind are all abilities that are so niche that they never or (very) rarely justify the opportunity cost to memorize them, especially on low int PSI characters. I cannot wait for the "but uh uh I haz uzed themz onze and it workzed, Hurr Durr!!!11111". Oh wait forgot the other comment which will come "Dis not halfz me winz!!1111".
Does not even show the new PSI abilities. :lol:

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh hey this Sykar guy isn't wrong, PSI certainly could use some balanci- oh wow when did he turn into a human dumpster fire of hot molten rage are you okay my boy

jackofshadows

Magister
Except his period was somewhat dragged on. The changes were controversial, sure. But there's no future expansions and you can still play the whole game in its pre-the-patch state. There's no reason to be this batthurt over a few content patches. Move the fuck on already, Sykar. Wait Infusion like everyone else and lets trash its new PSI system together instead if it'll deserve the trashing.

Sykar

Arcane
Except his period was somewhat dragged on. The changes were controversial, sure. But there's no future expansions and you can still play the whole game in its pre-the-patch state. There's no reason to be this batthurt over a few content patches. Move the fuck on already, Sykar. Wait Infusion like everyone else and lets trash its new PSI system together instead if it'll deserve the trashing.

The old PSI version lacks ALL the succeeding content updates which are quite a lot at this point. PSI could easily be fixed. Countless easy fixes have been suggested and nothing was done. Why would I WANT PSI or anything else to be trash in Infusion? I do not want trashy systems in games I enjoy. I want systems that are fun to play with and not full of mind numbing tedium and idiotic design decision that marginalize a dozen abilities to niche to near uselesness. How anyone can defend the current state of PSI which is effectively near brain dead atm is beyond me.

Yes you fucking retard.
thanks for appretiating my 8+ years work on the game.

Thanks for being an obnoxious fuckwit.

Sheepherder

Augur
Yes you fucking retard. Crystasis, Armor, Exo, Force Field (good chance of getting killed now), Emission(except PSI Monk), Distortion, Interruption, Disruption, Distortion (outside of dedicated mono Temp cave wizard), Precognition and Rewind are all abilities that are so niche that they never or (very) rarely justify the opportunity cost to memorize them, especially on low int PSI characters. I cannot wait for the "but uh uh I haz uzed themz onze and it workzed, Hurr Durr!!!11111". Oh wait forgot the other comment which will come "Dis not halfz me winz!!1111".
Okay, I'll bite.
  • Cryostasis - irresistible and reduces target dodge/evasion to 0. I've personally invested the 35 points into MT on several builds that otherwise only use TM just for Cryostasis. Cryostasis into net = ded Magnar/Carnifex/Gaunt. Definitely not niche on hybrids. It's also an excellent way to lock up a doorway.
  • Cryoarmor - not enough experience with it to comment.
  • Exo - Not much experience with it, but I've seen people use it to great effect as a control spell to split up groups of enemies. AI tends to take the path to you which is safer, even if it's longer, so it's a good way to make enemies waste AP/MP. Niche? Yeah, but it's good for what it does.
  • Force Field - its use has been changed. I personally use it to create temporary bottlenecks instead of making myself untouchable for 4 turns. Plus, you can cast TD on it lol. It'll detonate when destroyed - combo!
  • Emission - did you really use emission for anything other than psi monks? Like, ever?
  • Distortion - before the psi change, outside of dedicated mono Temp cave wizard, it was a turret killer. Now, after the change, outside of dedicated mono Temp cave wizard, it's a... turret killer.
  • Precognition - very good on dodge/evasion builds. Again, it's niche, but that's what it was before the change.
  • Interruption, Disruption (both of them, Neurovisual and Field), Rewind - yeah you're right on these, they're ass. I'd also add Recurrence to these.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
There's nothing wrong with niche psi abilities... until you have limited psi slots and there's a material cost to swapping your loadout. Then you're a fool to not run with the most broadly useful stuff all the time.

Sykar

Arcane
Okay, I'll bite.
  • Cryostasis - irresistible and reduces target dodge/evasion to 0. I've personally invested the 35 points into MT on several builds that otherwise only use TM just for Cryostasis. Cryostasis into net = ded Magnar/Carnifex/Gaunt. Definitely not niche on hybrids. It's also an excellent way to lock up a doorway.
  • Cryoarmor - not enough experience with it to comment.
  • Exo - Not much experience with it, but I've seen people use it to great effect as a control spell to split up groups of enemies. AI tends to take the path to you which is safer, even if it's longer, so it's a good way to make enemies waste AP/MP. Niche? Yeah, but it's good for what it does.
  • Force Field - its use has been changed. I personally use it to create temporary bottlenecks instead of making myself untouchable for 4 turns. Plus, you can cast TD on it lol. It'll detonate when destroyed - combo!
  • Emission - did you really use emission for anything other than psi monks? Like, ever?
  • Distortion - before the psi change, outside of dedicated mono Temp cave wizard, it was a turret killer. Now, after the change, outside of dedicated mono Temp cave wizard, it's a... turret killer.
  • Precognition - very good on dodge/evasion builds. Again, it's niche, but that's what it was before the change.
  • Interruption, Disruption (both of them, Neurovisual and Field), Rewind - yeah you're right on these, they're ass. I'd also add Recurrence to these.

I have been playing PSI builds extensively for the past 2 years. Nothing you said even remotely changes what I said. In fact it just reinforces it, the abiltiies are either niche or useless. Can you even read? I specifically mentioned Emission for PSI Monks being usefull and only for them. Otherwise it is not even worth the few paltry SGS to buy.

There's nothing wrong with niche psi abilities... until you have limited psi slots and there's a material cost to swapping your loadout. Then you're a fool to not run with the most broadly useful stuff all the time.

Exactly. And that is what most people do, have one loadout and change it as rarely as possible because inhalation is nothing but dumbfuck tedium. Instead of reducing tedium for AR/SMGs/etc they just INCREASED the tedium for other builds. Bloody idiotic.

Sheepherder

Augur
I have been playing PSI builds extensively for the past 2 years. Nothing you said even remotely changes what I said. In fact it just reinforces it, the abiltiies are either niche or useless. Can you even read? I specifically mentioned Emission for PSI Monks being usefull and only for them. Otherwise it is not even worth the few paltry SGS to buy.

Emissions is a tool with a very clearly defined use. Why use it as a example of a useless niche spell? It's intended for a certain kind of build and the certain kind of build is the only one that uses Emissions. Why would anyone that isn't a psi monk use it?

imo it's good that the game provides us with specialized spells with niche uses, some of which are very clearly intended to be used in hybrid builds. It's more fun that way.

Sykar

Arcane

Emissions is a tool with a very clearly defined use. Why use it as a example of a useless niche spell? It's intended for a certain kind of build and the certain kind of build is the only one that uses Emissions. Why would anyone that isn't a psi monk use it?

imo it's good that the game provides us with specialized spells with niche uses, some of which are very clearly intended to be used in hybrid builds. It's more fun that way.

No it is not. It has become completely and utterly brain dead and tedious. Emission is useless outside of its niche so fits exactly to what I was saying. As to the intent, pure speculation. Hybrids existed since the inception of the game. In fact I started with a hybrid from the get go, a PSI Sniper. Worked like a charm even without the idiotic changes. Everything you can do now could be done before. The changes did nothing but nerf pure PSI uneccessarily and made it just boring, brain dead and more tedious.

Mauman

Learned
Even though calling a dev a retard is kinda going a little too far, I mostly agree with Sykar on this one. Most of the psi powers in this game might as well not even exist at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom