Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
yeah, abusing combat movement could work, but you would need to access vents to obtain key card, i think?

Only certain characters will stop you for questioning. Thing is I recall not being able to tell all of them apart so i did a bit of save&loading

CHEMS

Scholar
How do you do Lenox Pierce's quest with no hacking for the morgue, or pickpocket for the insignia/keycard?

Also, Grey Army base, what's the route for no AGI/stealth/lockpick/persuade?
>talk to lenox
>go to his brothers room
>interact with computer
>go back to lenox and ask for password
>go back to the computer and read the log about him
>go to the small room next to it, get the keycard to the morgue from the locker
>go back to lenox and ask about what his brother did in core city
>go to core city
>ask jon about patrick
>get his special
>give him his special and learn about specters
>talk with oscar (arms merchant in core city) about specters, pay/persuade/intimidate him to read the file
>go back to SGS
>go to the morgue
>acess medical database
>read the entry about Michael Mordington (Mordre)
>read the entry about surgical equipment (if you don't learn about the spectres in core city, you won't be able to find out about the surgical needle that went missing)
>talk to Pasquale about Patrick
>ask him to perform another autopsy
>get confirmation that it was a murder
>go back to lenox, say you found out that it was murder
>point Mordre as guilty, all motivations should be available and say that the murder weapon was a large surgical needle
>profit

Parabalus

Arcane
>go to his brothers room
>interact with computer

You can also talk to bartender next to Lenox and skip all of this if you can open the door or pickpocket.

CHEMS

Scholar
>go to his brothers room
>interact with computer

You can also talk to bartender next to Lenox and skip all of this if you can open the door or pickpocket.
That i didn't know

Parabalus

Arcane
dont think its doable. Mind you that I was doing it as female in uniform under stealth and I think there was still that one choke point near your objective where progressing through agi check was mandatory. You might have to go guns blazing

Yeah, I think you could get the keycard from the offices, or just hack the armory, but dunno how you could access it.

If male, it's entirely doable with uniform, no? I did it as female with uniform and fairly low Stealt but with Lockpicking and Agi, and it was hell. Had to kind of cheese the keycard. So without any of that stuff + female it sounds impossible.
Male is technically doable with no skills, but you need to exploit combat mode to not let anyone outside the barracks start dialogue and catch you. Not sure if that counts. Also requires enough move points to safely move past everyone who wants to talk.
So it's easily doable as female:

1. stealth combat move from dude's room to room with uniform (can't crowbar the vent since they come to investigate noise), works even though you don't have a uniform
  2. put on uniform
  3. combat move around the left side of the map, into area transition
  4. hack both armory keypads (didn't know these could even be hacked, doesn't display skill requirement, inner one requires >100), go into warehouse (pay attention to where the patrolling guard is so you can zone back)
  5. combat move past the checkpoint
  6. loot the warehouse
You can also easily loot officer armor and the keycard with combat movement, no vents or lockpicking needed, just go down the hall to the left door, if you don't have hacking.

The spec ops guys instadetect even at 140 stealth, wonder what their detection is.

CHEMS

Scholar
The spec ops guys instadetect even at 140 stealth, wonder what their detection is.
They detected me even with roughly 200 stealth. But that's the snipers. Their helmets boost detection, so it's pretty damn high

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
dont think its doable. Mind you that I was doing it as female in uniform under stealth and I think there was still that one choke point near your objective where progressing through agi check was mandatory. You might have to go guns blazing

Yeah, I think you could get the keycard from the offices, or just hack the armory, but dunno how you could access it.

If male, it's entirely doable with uniform, no? I did it as female with uniform and fairly low Stealt but with Lockpicking and Agi, and it was hell. Had to kind of cheese the keycard. So without any of that stuff + female it sounds impossible.
Male is technically doable with no skills, but you need to exploit combat mode to not let anyone outside the barracks start dialogue and catch you. Not sure if that counts. Also requires enough move points to safely move past everyone who wants to talk.
So it's easily doable as female:

1. stealth combat move from dude's room to room with uniform (can't crowbar the vent since they come to investigate noise), works even though you don't have a uniform
  2. put on uniform
  3. combat move around the left side of the map, into area transition
  4. hack both armory keypads (didn't know these could even be hacked, doesn't display skill requirement, inner one requires >100), go into warehouse (pay attention to where the patrolling guard is so you can zone back)
  5. combat move past the checkpoint
  6. loot the warehouse
You can also easily loot officer armor and the keycard with combat movement, no vents or lockpicking needed, just go down the hall to the left door, if you don't have hacking.

Yeah with combat movement it's doable, but I consider that an exploit.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
looks like fence in storage requires 7 AGI, you can get it with 2 cave hopper pieces and junkyard surprise. Or some limited drugs.
No idea if you can get into the storage without stealth, lockpicking/hacking AND expoloiting combat movement

Parabalus

Arcane
looks like fence in storage requires 7 AGI, you can get it with 2 cave hopper pieces and junkyard surprise. Or some limited drugs.
No idea if you can get into the storage without stealth, lockpicking/hacking AND expoloiting combat movement
With crowbar vents or not?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
With crowbar vents or not?
lockpicking allows you to do vents silently. I know nothing about crowbars

Well, I figured out a route which doesn't need any skills or exploiting combat movement, but it does require base 5 perception or waiting until really late to do it. Also it's male only.
At first you walk out the door and go get the uniform, as usual. Just takes timing. That lets you leave the barracks and head to the main hall.
After that you walk to the main hall, and then run to the pushable crate. There might be some soldiers in the way, but if you want long enough they'll patrol away and you can make it. If you don't have enough strength to push the crate then all-in and adrenaline is enough. Once you've pushed it you can head through the tunnel under it and come out at the vent next to the stairs leading to the HQ, which you can crowbar open, and then head upstairs.
In the HQ you crowbar the vent right next to you open and then open the far east vent too. Wait until the guard who patrols there leaves and then drop a tnt charge outside it, then head through the secret vent connecting north and south and get out in the general's office, who won't be there since he'll be investigating the tnt. So quickly go grab the magazine keycard and the officers uniform and get back in the vent before he comes back, then head back to the vent near the stairs and go back to the main hall.
In the main hall head to the storage, it's pretty easy since the regular soldiers won't bother you any more.
In the storage jump over the fence (7 agility, easy to meet with hopper leather/boots and junkyard surprise/all-in), go get the oil, go back to the barracks and done.

The only problem is that finding the secret vent in the HQ needs 9 perception, and that's hard to meet if you have base 3. You can get +4 perception from adaptive goggles and all-in, but that's not enough. Can't get +1 from juice, obviously, and you can't have an upgraded refocus since that requires juice too. So it'll either require getting a supersoldier drug from the Masters (dominating only, requires them to have spawned) or the random encounter (it's random, fuck that) or going to the Black Sea to get marsh honey for its +2.
But yeah, it should work. Might require waiting a long time and stocking up on the right items but it should work. As long as you're a guy.

Edit: found a way to make it work as female too. Crowbar the vent in the southeast room with the uniform open, then throw a grenade in there to make noise. While they're doing that you head through the vents to the southwest room (spec ops will be investigating the noise from the grenade so it's safe), then crowbar the other vent in that room and head north to the room with the pool table. From there you can head to the main hall and it's like before. When you need to get back throw a grenade in the pool room so the spec ops in the southwest room will head over again and you can get back to the Dude. Easy.

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar
There might be some soldiers in the way, but if you want long enough they'll patrol away and you can make it
Just kill the official in the bathroom, you won't aggro the base if you kill him (without attracting too much attention)

You don't need persuasion if someone talks to you with the official uniform in the second level.

Tigranes

Arcane
After years of ignoring plasma pistol as useless, I'm enjoying a dedicated plasma build. Almost feels better than a Sniper build in being able to fairly flexibly slam anything with 1 hit kills with a better damage type, and I don't really miss the additional distance capability. High INT is always nice too.

I still find electroshock's jumps annoying and unpredictable, and have been using Wyatt's gun as offhand - not sure what to transition that into now that it's starting to fall behind, maybe just chem pistols.

CHEMS

Scholar
After years of ignoring plasma pistol as useless, I'm enjoying a dedicated plasma build. Almost feels better than a Sniper build in being able to fairly flexibly slam anything with 1 hit kills with a better damage type, and I don't really miss the additional distance capability. High INT is always nice too.

I still find electroshock's jumps annoying and unpredictable, and have been using Wyatt's gun as offhand - not sure what to transition that into now that it's starting to fall behind, maybe just chem pistols.
Funny though, my current build is just that. I can make it on the builder to show you, wanna?

cpmartins

Cipher

Funny though, my current build is just that. I can make it on the builder to show you, wanna?
I'm starting another run, gibs plz.

Tigranes

Arcane
Max int and max per, then pump int. That gives a bazillion skill points for everything. Rest could go into AGI and Sprint which is very useful, but could go elsewhere. Nothing like Mach IV grenades at Depot A.

High Technicalities, Pragmatic Physicist, Power Management, the obvious stuff really. Aimed Shot. Maybe Opportunist and Kneecap.

I am doing smart lenses on everything then Ambush / Aimed Shots. Anything and everything 1shot kills. Haste to cover for high AP cost.

But another way would be Recklessness, Focus Stims etc for regular crit stacking I guess. Partly depends on your chosen offhand.

Just kill the official in the bathroom, you won't aggro the base if you kill him (without attracting too much attention)
But murder is wrong.
Really though, there's not much point to that when you can just walk past them, and then the tunnel covered by the box takes you right to the stairs. Not even worth the time to kill him.

Parabalus

Arcane
You have 5 enemies lined up.

You are shooting an AR burst.

At which enemy do you aim to maximise enemies hit/killed? Does it even make a difference?

CHEMS

Scholar

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMFA...tKyYnYjEqwpoCVlpLATPCkSnCpMK0woXip74K4qulBd-_

This build is made entirely around energy crits. By level 26 you can get 100% easily with focus stim (not counting crit reducing stats from tincans and turrets), this without even ambush proc. You should get the energy belt at the Institute to craft energy pistols with extra crit chance.

The Mad Chemist and Cooked Shot are there for flavor, because i enjoy chem pistols to much to not include them, but you can forgo that and dump dex to 3 so you can get +2 INT and 2 extra feat slots. PK to 45 so you can use Grounding (it's not skill dependant, you can enjoy it in its full potential with just the minimum requirement) and Imprint. I do recommend including the chem pistols, though.

This build can deal almost 1000 damage with a laser crit. By level 26, one aimed shot from the smart plasma pistol deals around 4k damage. Electropistols deal around 2k. Note that plasma pistols are not very good against Naga, but the eletro ones will shred them. You can make amazing shields with this build, not to mention power management giving you long lasting googles and cloak devices. Even though it's a 3 AGI build, i can get around around 250 effective stealth without too much hassle.

Gear:
Seeker Glasses / Smart Glasses for one shotting crap with Aimed Shot
Infused Rathound with Black Cloak
Large Waist Bag (for 1 extra utility slot and 50+ carry weight)/Electroinvestigative Belt (for 2 extra utility slots)
Black Tabis
Low Low Efficient Energy Shield for expedition, High High Efficient Energy Shield for basically everything else

Weapons:
Laser Pistol, enhancements:
Circular_Wave_Amplifier.png
High_Efficiency_Energy_Converter.png

Plasma and Eletropistol, enhancements:
Smart_Module.png

Acid Blob Pistols and Fire Blob Pistols (optional, but recommended)

Sykar

Arcane
But murder is wrong.
Really though, there's not much point to that when you can just walk past them, and then the tunnel covered by the box takes you right to the stairs. Not even worth the time to kill him.
I would have loved to have a knock out option including binds and gags to hide them away.

Parabalus

Arcane
Gas the Drones, I see it was changed, you can't pre-murder the entire base any more.
Soo how do you loot the uniques now?

Does the gas disappear after some time, and you can loot the dead mutants, or do you need to ninja the loot?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMFA...tKyYnYjEqwpoCVlpLATPCkSnCpMK0woXip74K4qulBd-_

This build is made entirely around energy crits. By level 26 you can get 100% easily with focus stim (not counting crit reducing stats from tincans and turrets), this without even ambush proc. You should get the energy belt at the Institute to craft energy pistols with extra crit chance.

The Mad Chemist and Cooked Shot are there for flavor, because i enjoy chem pistols to much to not include them, but you can forgo that and dump dex to 3 so you can get +2 INT and 2 extra feat slots. PK to 45 so you can use Grounding (it's not skill dependant, you can enjoy it in its full potential with just the minimum requirement) and Imprint. I do recommend including the chem pistols, though.

This build can deal almost 1000 damage with a laser crit. By level 26, one aimed shot from the smart plasma pistol deals around 4k damage. Electropistols deal around 2k. Note that plasma pistols are not very good against Naga, but the eletro ones will shred them. You can make amazing shields with this build, not to mention power management giving you long lasting googles and cloak devices. Even though it's a 3 AGI build, i can get around around 250 effective stealth without too much hassle.

Gear:
Large Waist Bag (for 1 extra utility slot and 50+ carry weight)/Electroinvestigative Belt (for 2 extra utility slots)
Black Tabis
Low Low Efficient Energy Shield for expedition, High High Efficient Energy Shield for basically everything else

Weapons:

Smart_Module.png

my build was way cooler

CHEMS

Scholar

Gear:
Black Tabis

Weapons:

Smart_Module.png

my build was way cooler
your build was jewish

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom