Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane
I wonder what a good test would be to confirm. Guess I have to make a calculation what the upper limit of damage with and without would be and then test if I can reach that top level damage.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I wonder what a good test would be to confirm. Guess I have to make a calculation what the upper limit of damage with and without would be and then test if I can reach that top level damage.
uzi got tight spread: 9-12
If you dont have guns, majority of dmg would come from expertise, making check easier. Against blindsiding you can test on training dummy

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Made a new character. Versatility SMG non-PSI with Blitz. Getting Cut Throat, Expose Weakness and Execute. Let the one shots begin!
Also found the perfect character to base the build upon:
resident_evil_2_remake_hunk_render_by_tyrant0400tp_dcyhbla-pre.png

German gay rubber fetish enthusiast?

Sheepherder

Augur
Does anyone know if Expertise gets bonus from Blindsiding and Opportunist feats?
Nope! The only things that increase the damage bonus from expertise are effects that increase the damage a target receives, so things like Contaminated (from gas, glove), Leper poison, Broken Ribs and similar. Not 100% sure if concentrated fire does.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Does anyone know if Expertise gets bonus from Blindsiding and Opportunist feats?
Nope! The only things that increase the damage bonus from expertise are effects that increase the damage a target receives, so things like Contaminated (from gas, glove), Leper poison, Broken Ribs and similar. Not 100% sure if concentrated fire does.
is that true for spear throw and unprojector too?

Sheepherder

Augur
is that true for spear throw and unprojector too?
I'm not sure, but I image neither increase it. The Expertise bonus is generally added last, after all the "increase damage dealt" type bonuses are applied (called passiveMod in the damage formula), that's why only "increase damage received" bonuses work.
The damage of an attack is calculated, expertise is added, if applicable block and then DT/DR are applied and then whatever damage goes through is lastly modified by the targets damage multiplier (or reduction, or modifier, or whatever you want to call it).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
when javelins appear in shops? Did some merchant resets straight after starting the game, rushed to junkyard and hunter guy doesnt spawn them

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
my spears thrower + unarmed + smg guy didnt turn that great. You dont use smgs early. You dont pick smg feats early. Spear throwing alone can get you through the content. Why dump so many feats into smgs then?

Too bad I already played spear thrower, I got no will to continue and compare crit thrower vs non-crit unprojector spears+punches

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, sounds like you split too many stats.
With SMG builds you really just need to invest into guns. You start with pistols, then move over to SMG and pick up perks from there. Aimed shot, knee shot and opportunist is still great for SMGs. In fact, I daresay that SMGs and assault rifles benefit the most from opportunist because of the burst fire; each shot in the burst procs opportunist.
Trapping an enemy with a bear trap and unloading a few bursts with a SMG how I fought most encounters until I started finding sniper rifles and just alpha struck enemies to death, and even then tasing a git and shooting them with a SMG at close range was a pretty solid counter to melee enemies.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Trapping an enemy with a bear trap and unloading a few bursts with a SMG how I fought most encounters until I started finding sniper rifles and just alpha struck enemies to death, and even then tasing a git and shooting them with a SMG at close range was a pretty solid counter to melee enemies.
it really sounds like you need spear throw in your life

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, it does look great. I'll try to get a copy when there's a sale.
Is it possible to play this without Stealth? Like, just go in guns blazing and knives out? I want to try a true heavy build, but stealth seems like such an amazing tool to use.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Oddity is what I'm going to try on my next playthrough, yes.
To be more specific, do I have to invest points in stealth? I know that any character can enter stealth, but if I have like -100 stealth skill can I still enter stealth and maybe inch a little bit forward or will it just fail instantly?

Sykar

Arcane
With SMG builds you really just need to invest into guns.
Unless you use Versatility.

Yeah, sounds like you split too many stats.
With SMG builds you really just need to invest into guns. You start with pistols, then move over to SMG and pick up perks from there. Aimed shot, knee shot and opportunist is still great for SMGs. In fact, I daresay that SMGs and assault rifles benefit the most from opportunist because of the burst fire; each shot in the burst procs opportunist.
Nets are also a good way to get Opportunist to work.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Where is topic/forum for most complete lore discussion?
It has been discussed a lot in this thread, just over 840 pages sadly so good luck.

What is Flotsommir? A Leviafan?

And how monoliths got into Underrail at first place? Who are Godmen and where is 3rd one? What purpose of Cube? Who created ACoRN? What happened to the Surface? Why game had another name, Timelapse Vertigo? What Time had to to with storyline?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom