Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
spear throwing AND unarmed AND smg burst in single package!
https://underrail.info/build/?FgkPB...AACtPwqPClSATFTfCqGkHSRLCheKnqgPis6ID4rOkAd-_
feat order random, was just curious how many I can fit

no crafting(at least until very late) nor merchant
some unique smg in one hand, javelin(waaaay late game can chose to go crafting route).
Throw your spear to free your hand and open punching. You need punching for fancy footwork and run away.
With javelin and spec points you throw for 1 AP. If you stick to javelins, throwing might not need to be maxed?
Free bursts + extra AP.
This is for unprojector. I hope it boosts str bonus too? I hope to see high numbers from spear throws and punches
I expect that there might be interesting playstyle where each time you calculate how much you burst to clear threats vs punching and running

Am I too far gone in meme category?

Tigranes

Arcane
lukaszek I guess it can work, but in practice when would you use fists over SMG or vice versa? Wouldn't you just end up using whichever has better damage? Double spear throw + punch for example.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
lukaszek I guess it can work, but in practice when would you use fists over SMG or vice versa? Wouldn't you just end up using whichever has better damage? Double spear throw + punch for example.
without trying i suspect that smg would be the one with better dmg output, however you might not be able to clear everything around you in one go. Hence some fisting might be in order to generate enough movement to get away. Or because it makes more sense to punch than reload.

Hard to say without trying, im *this* close to do it. Still im unlikely to test version with 11 dex to compare highest dmg throws and fists

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
anyone tried using cheat engine recently? On win10/11? It appears that defender quite hates it and everything around it

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
anyone tried using cheat engine recently? On win10/11? It appears that defender quite hates it and everything around it
yeah, make it make an exception
and then asked for another, hence why decided to ask first
I had the same issue, try Cheat Engine Lite or an older version. 7.1 works for me, just needs UAC approval.
heh, came here just to write exact same thing. Good thing they finally made/were forced to version without crap in it

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing a sniper build and wondering about how I should spend my spec points. Shooting Spree seems like one of the better options, but I'm not sure about the rest. Does Critical Power apply after Sharpshooter's 30% critical bonus? If so, Sharpshooter giving 20% crit bonus for 5 points (+20% from Critical Power) seems a lot better than Critical Power doubling its bonus (an extra +30% if Sharpshooter is the only bonus) for 10 points. I haven't seen a sniper rifle that gives better than 100% crit bonus so far.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Critical Power does indeed stack with sharpshooter.
I think I got at least 300% crit power once. You see check by looking at your combat stats under offense.
I played something of a stealth sniper for my first playthrough and whilst it wasn't optimal it did wreck face and killed the final boss in two turns.
I would advice you to use pistols as a backup weapon though because there's a little more synergy with pistol / sniper than smg / sniper, which is what I did.

If you're looking for a crit damage sniper rifle you'll want the reaper frame with the anatomically aware scope. That'll give you a crit bonus of 175%.
Sharpshooter increases it to 205%. Critical power then increases it to 310%. I think you can get it even higher than that but I forgot how. I could have sworn I got it up to 400% once.

Sykar

Arcane
Made a new character. Versatility SMG non-PSI with Blitz. Getting Cut Throat, Expose Weakness and Execute. Let the one shots begin!
Also found the perfect character to base the build upon:
resident_evil_2_remake_hunk_render_by_tyrant0400tp_dcyhbla-pre.png

Sykar

Arcane
:fuuyeah:
Gonna play some parts with this music:

Just too bad that there really is not any armor looking like this. Maybe the CAU but that one does not have much stealth for Ambush. Maybe Grey Specs Ops?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
When crafting a gun, is there any benefit to having a higher skill level than the requirement? Does it grant a stat bonus on the item, or are those skill points effectively wasted?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
When crafting a gun, is there any benefit to having a higher skill level than the requirement? Does it grant a stat bonus on the item, or are those skill points effectively wasted?
Nope, if you meet the requirements you meet the requirements. Keep in mind though that late game optimal configurations can get pretty demanding.
I've seen mechanics and electronics requirements go up to 140, and you need 135 bio to make super soldier serum.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Why do I sometimes start combat with 25 AP instead of 50? I thought it had to do with having just moved/not having focus, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why do I sometimes start combat with 25 AP instead of 50? I thought it had to do with having just moved/not having focus, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
You probably opened a door and then initiated combat. Actions you take out of combat are counted. For example, if you use sprint and it goes on cooldown, when you initiate combat, it will still be on cool down. This also means if you use a bunch of drugs and wait a bit, then initiate combat, you will still be under the effect of those drugs and will not have to waste AP to activate them.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Are you encumbered? Being encumbered lowers your AP. If you get ambushed or initiate an actual (such as opening a door) you'll also have less AP.
I think attacking from stealth also lowers your AP, as it counts as using your action for that round.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Are you encumbered? Being encumbered lowers your AP. If you get ambushed or initiate an actual (such as opening a door) you'll also have less AP.
I think attacking from stealth also lowers your AP, as it counts as using your action for that round.
I think I had opened a door too recently before trying to start combat. I'm playing a sniper rifle build so I really can't afford to start combat with half the usual AP. Even if I use drugs for more AP, that means I can't Snipe.

The last time I tried to do Underrail + Expedition, I got burned out and didn't finish either. I just started Expedition on this character and I'm feeling like that's going to happen again because the game is just so fucking big. I made a save right before starting Expedition and I might come back to it in a year or so. I want to finish the base game.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, sniper rifles have really high AP costs, so it's worth it having a side arm so you aren't completely screwed. Also, try to build yourself a taser. Being able to stun someone so you can have a bit of breathing room is a god send, especially if you're playing sniper type character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom