Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Andnjord

Arcane
WE'RE IN DEEP CAVERNS BOYZ!!!
:desu:

Also a prompt reload because I didn't realise that was gonna happen and I needed to get more ammo. :oops:

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar

Also a prompt reload because I didn't realise that was gonna happen and I needed to get more ammo. :oops:
There's a lot of ammo in DC, unless you're using super niche ammo

Doing acid builds is fun in DC, just rush the worms for that sweet corrosive acid, back them you could only get them in DC

Andnjord

Arcane
Maybe, but my autism demands that I stock up on hundreds of bullets I’ll never shoot, dozens of grenades I’ll never throw, craft infused armour I don’t really need, clean my inventory to carry extra stuff I might find…. You know, just in case.

CHEMS

Scholar
Maybe, but my autism demands that I stock up on hundreds of bullets I’ll never shoot, dozens of grenades I’ll never throw, craft infused armour I don’t really need, clean my inventory to carry extra stuff I might find…. You know, just in case.
I know what you mean, i always take tons of stuff to the DC

It's a chore getting in the elevator with so much components and ammo

Andnjord

Arcane
Also, I need to consider wether I want to go on a genocidal rampage on the Institute or not. Considering that the tunnelling Faceless in the University’s West Wing attacked me on sight it seems like I might have issues with them. I did talk to Six before reloading and it seems like the only other people I’ll meet down there will be that Monsignore I kept hearing about, so better to keep one faction friendly.

Litmanen

Educated

How many hours per day do you play?!?!

It's honest curiosity. It took me 2 months and a half!

Andnjord

Arcane
The ammo stockpiling is done:

12.7mm:
-74 standard rounds
-112 W2C
-60 contaminated

7.62:
-174 standard
-166 WC2
-104 Micro Shrapnel

Grenades:
-15 Flashbangs
-22 Mk IV Frag
-15 Mk IV HE
-7 Magnesium
-6 Napalm
-10 Gaz
-6 Cryogaz
-10 EMP

Armour:
-One suit of infused Rathound leather for crits
-One suit of infused siphoner for evasion
-One blast galvanic overcoat with super steel sheet for face tanking bullets
-One JKK Jacket for Lockpocking skill

One set of goggles each for detection, crit chance and smart module.

Level 22

My body is ready. :bunkertime:

Andnjord

Arcane
How many hours per day do you play?!?!
Couple of hours on week days, a few more on weekends. Work has been pretty slow and I've been very efficient, so I was able to sneak in a little here and there too. Been a while I hadn't been engrossed in a game like that.

It would have taken far longer back at release to get to the same point, that fast forward speed setting is a godsend.

EDIT: I’ll also add that this time around I did very little of the salesman hobo routine of picking up every piece of loot and then touring the Underrail to sell it off compared to my first playthrough. I remembered that taking an inordinate amount of time. As a result my “House” has no furniture save for the workbenches and I could only afford two super steel plates, bought the last one from the Institute, but it saved some of my sanity.

Last edited:

Piotrovitz

Savant
I fucked up the JKK quest where you go with Vivian to abandoned biocorp facility - haven't take gas mask/hazard suit and I'm stuck at the last stage, i.e. after fixing the pipes I cannot use the hydraulic generator because bio dmg hit me too hard and I keep dying when trying to escape the room after using the generator. Stimpacks cooldown is too long, and dmg stacks too fast to heal with bandages.

txlveTA.jpeg

I've searched the whole area for gas mask but with no luck.

Am I absolutely fucked, or any of you pros have some ideas? :negative:

Last edited:

Snufkin

Augur
I fucked up the JKK quest where you go with Vivian to abandoned biocorp facility - haven't take gas mask/hazard suit and I'm stuck at the last stage, i.e. after fixing the pipes I cannot use the hydraulic generator because bio dmg hit me too hard and I keep dying when trying to escape the room after using the generator. Stimpacks cooldown is too long, and dmg stacks too fast to heal with bandages.

txlveTA.jpeg

I've searched the whole area for gas mask but with no luck.

Am I absolutely fucked, or any of you pros have some ideas? :negative:
Wild guess but did you try adrenaline + sprint + Psycho-temporal Contraction and running in turnbased?

Piotrovitz

Savant
I initiate TB to get to the pump and use bandages every 2-3 steps, as they don't have cooldown. I manage to get to the pump with full health and activate it, but the problem is with escaping the room - I cannot initiate TB again so soon, and in RT I die in two seconds.

Litmanen

Educated
I initiate TB to get to the pump and use bandages every 2-3 steps, as they don't have cooldown. I manage to get to the pump with full health and activate it, but the problem is with escaping the room - I cannot initiate TB again so soon, and in RT I die in two seconds.
Have you tried the opposite? To go there with stimpacks, adrenaline, real time etc and come back TB and bandages?

Snufkin

Augur
Can you leave and comeback later with Gas mask/hazard suit?

Piotrovitz

Savant
Have you tried the opposite? To go there with stimpacks, adrenaline, real time etc and come back TB and bandages?
Yeah - there's no chance of getting through the room in RT, bio dmg is too massive and bandages are not an option. TB is the only way, since you take dmg only with each passed tile, not every second, so I can keep up with the bandages. If only I could initiate TB right after using the pump I could get away, but TB has this fucked up cooldown so I'm screwed.

Modron

Arcane
How do non sneaky builds maintain their sanity down there with all the respawning enemies?
Zone transitions because all those little areas you can duck into, ladders down, et cetera reset the time to arrival. At least that's how I remember it from 8 years ago.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Hot damn I did not expect the Deep Caverns to be so big. :shredder:

How do non sneaky builds maintain their sanity down there with all the respawning enemies?
Simple, don't spawn them. When you're in the Deep Caverns you need to haul arse. There's a way to slow down the counter, but you'll have to find it. Also the Eye of Tchort is only in some regions and I don't think the spawns happen in Cytosine.
Look out for bunkers. They have a biohazard symbol them. They'll cause the counter to reset to buy you more time.

Even with my tin can I still managed to get by DC without too many spawns.

The thing about DC is that there's not that many enemies in the Hollow Earth areas, so you don't need to use stealth that much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom