Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Andnjord

Arcane
Ok, whoever designed the Gauntlet can go and scoop his eyeballs out with a rusty spoon. That wasn't in the vanilla version, right?
AND WHY IN THE FLYING FUCK IS MY STEALTH CAPPED AT 29, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
:rage:
:x

EDIT: I hate whoever designed this...but I hate myself even more for enduring through it and completing it. Fuck.

Last edited:

Piotrovitz

Savant
I've managed to deal with the stalkers in the transitional area before warehouse - the key was to rush to the other vent as soon as flashbang lured the guard and initiate TB combat before 3 stalkers raped him to death in RT. It took a few reloads, as one second of delay means the guard is dead, plus once TB combat was initialized the molotov had to land 100% on spot and set everyone on fire :)

Getting through warehouse was tough as hell - had around 125 stealth and it was barely enough to get the shields and run away.

Overall DOM is frustrating as fuck but also extremely fair and satisfying. The key seems to be thinking creatively and remembering that it's not Hard where you can run around and mope the floor with everyone in each encounter.

CHEMS

Scholar
Ok, whoever designed the Gauntlet can go and scoop his eyeballs out with a rusty spoon. That wasn't in the vanilla version, right?
AND WHY IN THE FLYING FUCK IS MY STEALTH CAPPED AT 29, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
:rage:
:x

EDIT: I hate whoever designed this...but I hate myself even more for enduring through it and completing it. Fuck.
Gauntlet is free money + XP if you have TM and Stasis. You can just god mode yourself at the end with stasis and the eletric floor won't even hurt you (and kill the other two contestants)

:troll:

Andnjord

Arcane
Having finally reached the University I am now officially past the point that I had reached in my old playthrough (well, pretty sure I hadn’t done the Protectorate quest line, but I consider that part of the mid-game). Gotta say, after the endless ruin and decay of the game the University visual design was a very unexpected and welcomed change of pace, so pretty to look at!

As for the sneaky sniper build, once I got the Spearhead rifle and improved Shooting spree the build really started ticking. Combined with Strafe it feels so nice to be able to move at will (and move fast with Tabi shoes) and occasionally plant my feet when Shooting Spree comes off CD and let the 12.7mm Corsair rip.
I kept pushing back on taking Hit and Run but am now glad I didn’t considering how fast my character already feels.

Onwards!

CHEMS

Scholar
Having finally reached the University I am now officially past the point that I had reached in my old playthrough (well, pretty sure I hadn’t done the Protectorate quest line, but I consider that part of the mid-game). Gotta say, after the endless ruin and decay of the game the University visual design was a very unexpected and welcomed change of pace, so pretty to look at!

As for the sneaky sniper build, once I got the Spearhead rifle and improved Shooting spree the build really started ticking. Combined with Strafe it feels so nice to be able to move at will (and move fast with Tabi shoes) and occasionally plant my feet when Shooting Spree comes off CD and let the 12.7mm Corsair rip.
I kept pushing back on taking Hit and Run but am now glad I didn’t considering how fast my character already feels.

Onwards!
The University is one of my favorite parts of the game, the atmosphere is just so damn good

As for sniper builds, i still haven't beaten the game with one. The RNG aspect of it is so infuriating, i always give up

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

MerchantKing

Learned

CHEMS

Scholar
160 effective stealth
oh you sweet summer child
Yeah, you need a lot more than 160 to out-stealth death stalkers. They have really good detection, even on lower difficulty levels.
Just wear tungsten armor and smash them with hammers.
But then you're not out-stealthing them, you're out-chadding them.
400 effective stealth will out-chad any dumb tin cant with a 4k damage snipe shot

Tin cans just can't compete against stealth builds

64j1ge.png

MerchantKing

Learned
160 effective stealth
Yeah, you need a lot more than 160 to out-stealth death stalkers. They have really good detection, even on lower difficulty levels.
400 effective stealth will out-chad any dumb tin cant with a 4k damage snipe shot

64j1ge.png
If the tincan has heavy enough armor, then he will tank several of those sniper shots and then light everything on fire around him.

CHEMS

Scholar
160 effective stealth

64j1ge.png
If the tincan has heavy enough armor, then he will tank several of those sniper shots and then light everything on fire around him.
Tank a 12.7mm tungsten snipe shot? No they won't

MerchantKing

Learned
160 effective stealth

64j1ge.png
Tank a 12.7mm tungsten snipe shot? No they won't
I guaranee the sniper will have to reload to after the Tincan kills him.

Tungsten man gets killed without too much trouble in some theoretical pvp mode since the game has a lot of ways to lower enemy resists. The ai doesn't use them but they do exist.
Ancient rat man with massive unpierceable mechanical damage reduction should be good though. And he has low penalty so he can move fast, even better.

CHEMS

Scholar
Tungsten man gets killed without too much trouble in some theoretical pvp mode since the game has a lot of ways to lower enemy resists. The ai doesn't use them but they do exist.
Ancient rat man with massive unpierceable mechanical damage reduction should be good though. And he has low penalty so he can move fast, even better.
Just because of his HP bloat on DOM, though, but perfectly doable. I've one shotted every boss on DOM with a sniper build, except the eyeball.

Piotrovitz

Savant
How much point you need to dip into electronics in order to have semi-decent taser?

I've put 20 and made some crappy one that even dog can resist. Not sure whether to pump it further or just take dirty kick.

jackofshadows

Magister
The effect is the same to my knowledge. Only damage and battery life goes up. Which is fine, I use it a LOT and while yes sometimes there are resist cases it's usually very reliable. Maybe it got nerfed though somewhere along the lines, it was awhile for me since the last session.

Piotrovitz

Savant
^ yeah, that's what I've read, hence the question on whether it's worth pumping electronics solely for taser to work on anything tougher than rathounds or just take dirty kick. So far I've dipper only 20 pts so if it turns out unreliable then fuck it.

Andnjord

Arcane
^ yeah, that's what I've read, hence the question on whether it's worth pumping electronics solely for taser to work on anything tougher than rathounds or just take dirty kick. So far I've dipper only 20 pts so if it turns out unreliable then fuck it.
To me the question is: are you starved for feats that taking one to solve numerous tactical situations is too much? Or can your build benefit from taking higher electronics beyond just the taser at the expense of other skills? With higher electronics you get to use better smart modules for your guns and better electric resistances/regen vests for your tactical vests (good shields would need a full inversement as opposed to a limited one that you seem to be looking for), but I don’t know if those are relevant to you. Seems to me that a single feat is the cheaper investment, no?

Piotrovitz

Savant
With SMG build I'm not really feat starved, so probably will take dirty kick sooner or later just for convenience - I don't really need electronics, as looted shields are good enough so far. With high mobility/multiple bursts per round shit rarely gets close enough so neither taser nor kick is something crucial here, though they may have saved me few reloads.

Anyway, still having a blast on DOM, though I'm starved on W2C bullets.

CHEMS

Scholar
According to the wiki:

The chance to stun/short circuit scales with the amount of electricity damage inflicted. As such, tasers constructed from higher quality components will more consistently stun higher level targets.
Taser's damage will always be ass regardless of the quality of your components

I personally don't think it's damage influences the effective that much, rarely my crappy taser that i made at level 3 fails me, i only upgrade its core so i don't have to recharge it too often

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom