Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
Damn nice. Now enjoy keeping count of every single bullet and raging at that one rat hound that didn’t die with the others for the next 10 levels.
Holy shit, LMGs are fucking brutal

This shitty one that i got in the goddamn first mission of the game is just demolishing everything.

I haven't used a single bear trap: killed all the bandits on the lower passages, including the guy with the hammer pistol and tactical vest
Junkyard's cave full of rathounds? Just tossed molotovs at my feet and blew the rats to oblivion
Crossbow chick near Junkyard? Threw a flashbang, a net, and filled her with bullets

All this and i'm still level 4. Probably gonna have to cheese Newton's beetles as usual, ammo expenses are pretty high and i can't steal from anyone yet because of low dex... Feels very weird playing a build without stealth, but with 5 con and a tactical jacket i can take a few hits. I already got Brute Aim for more damage, and the extra carry weight is nice. I'll try and build a LMG before Depot A though

Andnjord

Arcane
and the extra carry weight is nice
You’d think so, until you realise that between the metal armour, boots and helmet, double LMG/minigun to trigger Heavy Metal and the gargantuan supply of ammunition needed to last you a single dungeon and you just don’t have as much carrying capacity as you’d expect.

But, the simple and innocent joy of mowing down whole packs of enemies at once in a single burst makes it all worth it. Even tanky enemies like bladelings or Balor will go down in a single burst of a 12.7mm minigun with bullets to spare.

CHEMS

Scholar
and the extra carry weight is nice
You’d think so, until you realise that between the metal armour, boots and helmet, double LMG/minigun to trigger Heavy Metal and the gargantuan supply of ammunition needed to last you a single dungeon and you just don’t have as much carrying capacity as you’d expect.

But, the simple and innocent joy of mowing down whole packs of enemies at once in a single burst makes it all worth it. Even tanky enemies like bladelings or Balor will go down in a single burst of a 12.7mm minigun with bullets to spare.
The idea of spamming 12.7 contaminated bullets sounds dope. There's the .44 explosive option too, when those came out they were ass but in a update before heavy duty Styg buffed special ammo. I think a fully specced disassemble will be pretty much mandatory on this round, this build will be expensive to maintain for sure. The disassemble will also allow me to build my own BFG when i get to the fusion cannon, i think i'll even get high technicalities just for it.

Andnjord

Arcane
The idea of spamming 12.7 contaminated bullets sounds dope.

Well…
The first burst of a minigun will be 8 bullets, keep on firing for a few turn and you’ll shoot easily 12-20 bullets per turn (depending on engine). 12.7mm contaminated are made in batches of 15 only, each batch using a steel plate (worth about 30 charons one average), 50 normal bullets to get your bullet casings (130 charons!) plus the TNT…………..Yeah, at about 160+ charons per burst spamming is a big word to use :-D

CHEMS

Scholar

Well…
The first burst of a minigun will be 8 bullets, keep on firing for a few turn and you’ll shoot easily 12-20 bullets per turn (depending on engine). 12.7mm contaminated are made in batches of 15 only, each batch using a steel plate (worth about 30 charons one average), 50 normal bullets to get your bullet casings (130 charons!) plus the TNT…………..Yeah, at about 160+ charons per burst spamming is a big word to use :-D
I managed to buy all jetskis and all upgrades for my house on a run, i'm not a zoner

Also with disassemble you swim in money, the contaminated rounds i'd save for boss fights and the beast

Andnjord

Arcane
I managed to buy all jetskis and all upgrades for my house on a run, i'm not a zoner

Also with disassemble you swim in money, the contaminated rounds i'd save for boss fights and the beast

Godspeed dakka bro.

Although gas grenades should be much better for the Beast fight, no?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
I tested bear trap + gas grenades against beast yesterday and yeah its easy and did not need grenadier
but that felt dirty next playthrough I try not to cheese it

trying to find this phreak guy and no luck so far, maybe I need to use walkthrough soon :negative:
oh well I used wiki to check mushroom travel locations those are so handy

throwing knives felt kinda meh but now with shock shurikens + fatal throw really handy to have, annoying to craft though cant find enough low quality steel plates

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Well…

You motherfuckers make me play this one again...

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
yeah been doing that but most of time its only 1 with less than 40 mechanics but not gonna be a problem after next level

think I should have taken blitz after all :-D
1718294818839.png

edit got filtered by arena boss (lvl 16), guess I try again after gaining few more levels

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar
My lack of movement points is annoying. I can get them through TM contraction but goddamn. I think i'll have to buy agility points so i can get sprint.

95% armor penalty lol

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, Styg added a new organ in a recent patch. You can use it to make the same poison death stalkers use. Mad lad still making content for his game. Meanwhile AAA companies ditch their games just a year or two after release.
I can't wait for Infusion to come out. Any ETA?

CHEMS

Scholar
I love how LMGs just crap on TC Psionics. They can cast their spation distortion bullshit only to lose all projections in a single burst.

I'm level 18 now carrying around 2000 rounds of ammunition spreading freedom across Underrail

Unfortunately Miniguns still feel not worth it, though i still haven't tried the 12.7mm one.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
:shredder:
1718435474562.png

lvl 20 now managed to kill arena boss at lvl 18 but took plenty of reloads mainly because hit chance was so shit
clearing upper underrail did not take long and had some good fights in em but cheesing doorways with stuns and shit made em manageable, also flashbangs are still surprisingly effective
I should probably go wander earlier locations still have not visited plenty of em

I ended up googling phreak location and now suffering through phone puzzle obnoxious trash quest :negative:

even when I skipped grenadier with this char I might pick this up next

1718436076877.png

throwing is already 210+ unbuffed so thats 35%~ crit already

CHEMS

Scholar
So i have around 200 rounds of 12.7mm contaminated bullets, not that i need them for the quest, but i want to use them for The Beast

Miniguns are still nothing to write home about, but should be fun to spam toxic gas with this... So far my heavy weapons build is breezing through dominating. The only hard fight was against Carnifex due to his Yell, but when i won the initiative, one stingball grenade and he became shredded cheese in one turn

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I dunno, I prefer incendiaries and gas overall. Area denial is a huge tactical tool, and the chance to panic is really nice as well. Frags and HEs are ok, but I found that it's better to use the resources to make more bullets, and they are pretty common loot items.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Depends on diff - on hard MK3/4 frag were great for clearing out clusters of lunatics/ironheads/etc, and three pointer made it even better.

On DOM I noticed that the dmg is just not there, same with HEs, and usually molotov seems to be better option, since it can proc fear and disable multiplle mobs.

CHEMS

Scholar
I did the Beast quest, after all these years playing underrail i can say that heavy weapons playthrough of this quest was by far the easiest. Just melted through them, didn't use traps. Threw one gas grenade and camped on top of the stairs, they appear, one salvo of contaminated bullets, then i mowed them with my LMG with acid rounds. They spawned and died in one burst, LMGs are just brutal like that. And the build is not even min maxed, i've seem people suggesting dropping INT to 3 to maximize damage pumping PER, which i didn't because i care too much about crafting. Most of the time i use regular rounds too, just use W2C or special rounds for bosses: Rathound King died in one turn: 12.7 contaminated + regular 9mm: thousands of damage.

On DOM I noticed that the dmg is just not there, same with HEs, and usually molotov seems to be better option, since it can proc fear and disable multiplle mobs.
Yesterday i found out that fear affects you. I don't know if it's a new thing, some lunatic casted fear on me and i lost control of my character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom