Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Usually I focus more on utility grenades and dont care about them doing damage
Supply creates demand. Once your frag cause crits you’ll find yourself chucking them around like confetti.
On DOM I noticed that the dmg is just not there, same with HEs, and usually molotov seems to be better option, since it can proc fear and disable multiplle mobs.
exactly this. Its not about killing fastest but staying alive longest. On dom big dmg grenade wont keep me alive as it wont be enough to clear enemies. My main weapon can clear enemies, its all about having tools to auto attack in peace.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Is DEX/INT/WILL chempistolier with versatility the build which can access the most content and use the most weapons (not necessarily very well) in a single run?
I can't bear to play anything else because it's so deliciously full of skillpoints.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Is DEX/INT/WILL chempistolier with versatility the build which can access the most content and use the most weapons (not necessarily very well) in a single run?
I can't bear to play anything else because it's so deliciously full of skillpoints.
perception might be an issue if you count secrets as part of content.
agi is required if you want to sneak into places, for example visit all the oligarchs and get some juicy oddity.
If you count jumps as content then... agi again.

You can sneak with 3 Agi into oligarch places, it just requires good stealth gear. Coretech and Praetorians also require a grenade toss, though I'm usually allied with coretech which makes it easier

CHEMS

Scholar
CHEM vers pistols is the most fun build to play. If running SI, you can double as a laser build (even has space for its feats). Uncommon damage types that are rarely resisted, few things give this build a hard time, just snipers and crossbowman outside range, even though a shield helps with that

Throw in a little Psychokinesis and TM for support and you're golden

CHEMS

Scholar
You can sneak with 3 Agi into oligarch places, it just requires good stealth gear. Coretech and Praetorians also require a grenade toss, though I'm usually allied with coretech which makes it easier
Can confirm, today i snagged the tri monitor oddity thingy from JKK with 0 stealth and 3 agi, rathound regalia + tabis + balaclava + cloak device i crafted: 115 effective stealth

One thing to remember is that you can ask for an interview to get access to any oligarch building's first floor as long as you haven't joined someone else. They rescind it if you talk to Harlan/Stratford/Vivian and say you don't want to join, but if you just avoid talking to them then it's permanent (and if you only went there to grab oddities there's no reason to talk anyway). Makes stealing shit much easier.

CHEMS

Scholar
One thing to remember is that you can ask for an interview to get access to any oligarch building's first floor as long as you haven't joined someone else. They rescind it if you talk to Harlan/Stratford/Vivian and say you don't want to join, but if you just avoid talking to them then it's permanent (and if you only went there to grab oddities there's no reason to talk anyway). Makes stealing shit much easier.
Also for the praetorian oddity, don't use grenades as distraction. Take two bricks of C4, one so you can get the oddity, the other one so you can get everyone away from Stratford's office and loot his table and shelves: lots of expensive equipment and some hundred charons while the praetorians investigate the noise.

CHEMS

Scholar
After all these years i've been shitting on Tin Cans, i'll admit that it does feels really good just stand in the shore during the native invasion watching them struggle to barely scratch you

I just shrugged off their bolts, just one manage to get a melee swing at me for... 7 damage. Also my crawler caltrops were all over the field, they just couldn't do shit but get blasted by acid rounds and contaminated bullets

No Sec Trooper died this day

CHEMS

Scholar
RNG Jesus is really blessing this run

jzy2j3.png

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
holy shit silent island is bullshit on dom. It's a good thing you can access depot A through the scrappers, because I have no idea how you're supposed to do this.
Can't go loud because of the 2 goliaths that have stupid amounts of health and will one shot you.
Can't go stealth because of the rat road block and fighting them will draw the goliaths.
Can't hold position and build defenses because the beetles have enough range to hit you with cryostasis and fireballs from the shore.
It's all fucking bullshit.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I went west and killed rats with molotovs and smg - somehow it didn't alarm goliaths.
The rest I've just sneaked through. I've dreaded the Isle on my current virgin DOM run, but fortunately did it on first attempt - maybe got lucky that killing rats haven't lured goliaths, dunno.

The only cases where I was hanging on a thread and was on the verge of rage quit were with fucking burrowers - sneaking past the tunnel to Buzzer shop took me dozens of reloads, same with upper level cave in Camp Hathor where you flood the mine.

This, and the transitional area with with three crawlers in Gorsky's warehouse quest.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
scout first if beetle is far enough, then fight rats together with ferryman

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I went west and killed rats with molotovs and smg - somehow it didn't alarm goliaths.
The rest I've just sneaked through. I've dreaded the Isle on my current virgin DOM run, but fortunately did it on first attempt - maybe got lucky that killing rats haven't lured goliaths, dunno.

The only cases where I was hanging on a thread and was on the verge of rage quit were with fucking burrowers - sneaking past the tunnel to Buzzer shop took me dozens of reloads, same with upper level cave in Camp Hathor where you flood the mine.

This, and the transitional area with with three crawlers in Gorsky's warehouse quest.
East, and for me it aggros the entire island. Apparently I'm the only one with super aggressive bugs that all come for you at once, because they don't seem to have that issue on discord.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
East, and for me it aggros the entire island. Apparently I'm the only one with super aggressive bugs that all come for you at once, because they don't seem to have that issue on discord.
they roam. Go afk for 10min and check again

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
island took quite many reloads I also kept agroing whole island and at least dominating beetles detection was high enough for that level I was there

1718811665277.png

this black rock totem cave is about the most bullshit fight I have encountered so far when wyrms randomly spawn and hard to reach with melee
guess I just cheese this fight then

gauntlet was pretty awful but only took 15 minutes lvl 25

not really enjoying expedition so far kinda annoying you keep constantly getting interrupted with navcom device

for now I think three-pointer was a good call since knife lacks aoe

compound is pretty interesting place but probably done less than half for now, unlimited money from that place

CHEMS

Scholar
holy shit silent island is bullshit on dom. It's a good thing you can access depot A through the scrappers, because I have no idea how you're supposed to do this.
Can't go loud because of the 2 goliaths that have stupid amounts of health and will one shot you.
Can't go stealth because of the rat road block and fighting them will draw the goliaths.
Can't hold position and build defenses because the beetles have enough range to hit you with cryostasis and fireballs from the shore.
Some builds are easy, some aren't. With TC builds, silent isle is way easier, because you can get bilocation and thus you won't get that debuff while in the dark, then you can handle the goliathuses casting mental subversion + fear and attack them for 8 turns

I did the island before depot A in my current heavy weapons runs and it was quite high since my attacks were quite noisy

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Some builds are easy, some aren't. With TC builds, silent isle is way easier, because you can get bilocation and thus you won't get that debuff while in the dark, then you can handle the goliathuses casting mental subversion + fear and attack them for 8 turns

I did the island before depot A in my current heavy weapons runs and it was quite high since my attacks were quite noisy
Yeah, I had to buy a leather armour with high stealth and a balaclava to do it and just abandon using heavy armour. Wasn't a fan of that.
Anyway, it dawned on me that there is literally no downside for Silas to get killed during the gang war, because you can get the reward from Colton and you get even more loot. So always go with the protectorate / SGS and let the idiot Black Eels get themselves killed.

I love grenade stoss stealthing in this game. Just snuck into the Protectorate docks warehouse walking past while death stalkers fight the guard in the basement, having set off TNT in the room that has no stalkers in to lure him out.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
1718839660677.png

1718839968810.png

how the fuck do I kill this one with knife guess I kite for an hour

also these hit chances are cannot be right

1718839758660.png

thats 0.094% chance

CHEMS

Scholar

I love grenade stoss stealthing in this game. Just snuck into the Protectorate docks warehouse walking past while death stalkers fight the guard in the basement, having set off TNT in the room that has no stalkers in to lure him out.

You can just grenade toss outside to lure the first guard away, enter buzzer's shop, kill the faceless guard with the hammer and stealth through the patrolling one, way faster

Or simply use flashbangs then exit combat and restealth

The best stealthing is to access Quad NAGA fight early without aggroing the pirates, it's possible if you're fast enough. You don't even need interloper, just eat a jumping bean and stealth, you'll walk really fast

CHEMS

Scholar
View attachment 51295
View attachment 51297
how the fuck do I kill this one with knife guess I kite for an hour

also these hit chances are cannot be right

View attachment 51296

thats 0.094% chance
It's a ghost projection, you can't harm him this way

You need a certain item to damage him, or PSI. Though i remember some years ago that W2C ammo just wrecked him, i don't remember if they fixed this though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom