Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
It's funny how Expedition is a complete joke if you're using a reinforced super steel armor. I have no feats for endurance, and most things can't even scratch me. The automatons hurt me for single digits at best and they evaporate getting hit with the fusion cannon. Natives can't do shit too. Crossbowmen are usually the bane of my builds, feels nice to just tank their bolts and watch the krigsfar failing to hurt me with their swords.

The only thing that actually can kill me in expedition are the Sea Wyrms, and i can one shot them with the fusion cannon for at least 1k damage. And this is with a build that's not min maxxed for combat: i have high int, high crafting skills, persuasion, lockpicking and hacking

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
max knife, throw, evasion
no cave magic
why crafting combat knife though?
waaaait... I have so many questions

are you running without weaponsmith? supersteel? what else are you hiding?
you dont happen to hide some mushroom wizardry in there after all, dont you?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
whats wrong with combat knife

1718919723191.png

and that knife was super steel I also fail to see whats the problem with that :-D
I got bleed dagger on swap thats not crafted yet

I should probably craft dagger too should be better for non robot enemies

done with expedition dlc now only deep caverns left

utility tower ending seemed weird so checked wiki if I missed something, so its random what bosses spawn

I can post my build after I finish the game should be this weekend

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
and that knife was super steel I also fail to see whats the problem with that :-D
everyone and their mother go either with tichrome(depending on level to reach lower AP treshold) or tungsten(higher crit chance that is further boosted by crit feats). there is a metal table comparison in here: https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Combat_Knife

thing is, for knives crits are all that matter as non crit dmg is negligible. As such serrated is really good, although myself I like daggers, however they are very rng prone due to their spread.

Combat knives are decent if you care about non crit damage

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
based on that link
1718967419250.png

well lets compared tungsten vs super steel combat knife

tungsten (quality 160) dmg is 18-30 vs my 19-32
tungsten has 1% less crit
tungsten has 20% more crit dmg
tungsten has 15% less energy bypass
tungsten does not get 5% accuracy bonus which should be useful at least dominating difficulty

so tungsten is worse than super steel other than with crit dmg which is indeed huge

but serrated is probably the play with taste for blood, I have mainly used bleed knife vs bosses

again not writing any guides here I just studied wiki and that option made the most sense to me :-D but I expected 5% more accuracy and higher base dmg is better than more crit dmg but I don't know shit

deep caverns is so far very obnoxious place to explore with respawning enemies god thats annoying. Im lvl 28 now so might not reach lvl 30 before final boss

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
so tungsten is worse than super steel other than with crit dmg which is indeed huge

but serrated is probably the play with taste for blood, I have mainly used bleed knife vs bosses
those 2 are connected. You have critical power feat right? Those values for crit multiplier are doubled.
Taste for blood can be skipped depending on how feat starved you are. You have plenty of options to deal with meat bags, you must build around your weak points, like robots.

I expected 5% more accuracy
you are max dex, accuracy is not a problem. Even less since you should be spamming dissables left and right

higher base dmg
I was running math in past. Its all about crit numbers in the end.

CHEMS

Scholar
If you playing dominating, it's tungsten all the way baby

It's all about stacking huge crits, not base damage.

deep caverns is so far very obnoxious place to explore with respawning enemies god thats annoying. Im lvl 28 now so might not reach lvl 30 before final boss
Just don't let the debuff pile up and you'll be fine

CHEMS

Scholar
Crafting is really king: 151 effective stealth with basically no investment

bvqo1a.png
yeah, no investment but 27 levels into the game
perfect if you need to sneak around nothing
Wrong, at lvl 14 i already had a good quality balaclava, cloak, ninja tabis and rathound regalia. Never had any problems sneaking in this run, even though i rarely needed it, except for grabbing a few oddities in restricted places

:smug:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
oculus extra stock got pretty good sneak equipment and even daggers. Of course not as good as crafted but you wont be able to craft better in a while

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Found a MG42. It was guarded by some ironhead bastards who are even harder on dom, but holy shit it slaps. I'm not even sure I need to craft a LMG because it absolutely mulches enemies so far. Much better than the Bren, I can tell you that.
Also I found a minigun at grey army base. It's a long game predator. Lol.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I need to found out how to maintain a high armour penalty and still ahve some movement. For my nimblecan shotgunner I used spring boots and armour sloping, but for my lmg guy I don't think I can do that as you want high armour penalty for heavy metal.

CHEMS

Scholar
I got agility to 6 just to get sprint. Playing with 5 movement points (booth's tattoo) is just too annoying

You can get TM to help with mobility too, the MP gain is unnafected by armor penalty

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
No psionics either. I want that max health for gunner's high. I don't have 3 ability points to spare either.
I guess I just have to be the tankiest fucker to have ever walked. Going to do shit against bloody psykers though.
Just as well I suppose. I did name my guy Jin Roh after all.

1*gWaCKOfXfh8bArCLqf7bhg.jpeg

CHEMS

Scholar
No psionics either. I want that max health for gunner's high.
Well... My route was psionics for support and high biology for drugs. A high quality regenerative vest gives me 50+ health per turn, and it's an super steel armor with 4 +170Q plates. Not to mention the 2000+ high capacity shield. Pop aegis and morphine and it's very difficult for me to die. The only weaknesses are acid, eletricity and bio (nulified with iron gut). Gunners high is too pricey in my opinion.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I stand corrected on the praetorian armor, it's actually a really nice suit if you're running a low-ish int build.
The peacekeeper gives protection that's en par with q75 or so tungsten.

I think I'm going to need to do foundry asap. LMGs use a lot of bullets and I need cheap metal plates to make ammo.
The MG42 fires like 12 bullets per burst. That's actually a flaw with LMG builds; overkill is a thing and you will waste bullets, especially against enemies like spawns. I guess the idea is that you're supposed to use sledgehammers to finish enemies off (hence heavy metal), but that would mean taking versatility.

Last edited:

CHEMS

Scholar
I stand corrected on the praetorian armor, it's actually a really nice suit if you're running a low-ish int build.
The peacekeeper gives protection that's en par with q75 or so tungsten.

I think I'm going to need to do foundry asap. LMGs use a lot of bullets and I need cheap metal plates to make ammo.
The MG42 fires like 12 bullets per burst. That's actually a flaw with LMG builds; overkill is a thing and you will waste bullets, especially against enemies like spawns. I guess the idea is that you're supposed to use sledgehammers to finish enemies off (hence heavy metal), but that would mean taking versatility.
Don't spend your cash buying metal plates for normal ammo. I just crafted ammo before Depot A, after that you have lots of shops to buy ammo from. If you're repairing and selling loot, you can make bank even when buying so much ammo. I know, i've bought 9 supersteel plates in this run = 27k charons just so i could get a high quality armor. Money is easy to come by, casings are not, don't waste them.

I need to found out how to maintain a high armour penalty and still ahve some movement. For my nimblecan shotgunner I used spring boots and armour sloping, but for my lmg guy I don't think I can do that as you want high armour penalty for heavy metal.
Could try one of the HD exoskeletons. They all give you +25 mp as long as you feed them batteries. The resists on them aren't very good though. And the one with the most useful bonuses for tanking (technomedic) has the second weakest resists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom