Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

CHEMS

Scholar
I need to found out how to maintain a high armour penalty and still ahve some movement. For my nimblecan shotgunner I used spring boots and armour sloping, but for my lmg guy I don't think I can do that as you want high armour penalty for heavy metal.
Could try one of the HD exoskeletons. They all give you +25 mp as long as you feed them batteries. The resists on them aren't very good though. And the one with the most useful bonuses for tanking (technomedic) has the second weakest resists.
That crafting bonus though...

Piotrovitz

Savant
Ehh, I'm stuck at the Joint Security.

I can sneak to the west armory and grab TNT, but as soon as I get back to main hall the camera spots me and activates every robot. And there's too goddamn many of them to sneak by, I bump into one in matter of seconds. Stealth ~120

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
turn combat mode on and run, easy way to cheese vs cameras
also you can use pillars to reset cameras so you can set up good camera position when u come back so you don't get immediately fucked (camera position stays the same)

Piotrovitz

Savant
Will try to set the camera in a way it won't spot me immediately when I come back from armory, good to know they stay in the same position.
Getting to the armory required waiting behind the pillar so it will be tough, and on top of 120 stealth I have interloper : o

how the hell non-psi non-stealth char is suppose to make through this with zero gear?

Piotrovitz

Savant
On a side note - is it worth to wipe out natives, oddity wise?

I've cleared the pirates and did 2/3 of strengthening camp defenses, since then there were two raids I've let to be resolved on their own and none of aegis troops have died, so I guess I can stop giving a shit about it.

Fights with natives are borefest and with full auto + muzze break I am overkilling them left and right, melting my ammo away.
I've already grabbed most of the oddities from the generic ones, wondering if their bosess/main base have a lot of uniques. If no, I won't even bother.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
think there was 3 or 4 unique ones that were 3-4 points each or something but u kill few bosses anyway when doing main story

It's 25 xp in total for wiping out the natives, I think. Maybe a bit more if you're not already capped on the generic drops from killing natives during the raids. Which is significant, but by that point in the game you don't really need it.
You can get some really good quality leathers from the villages though. ~160 quality bison or heartbreaker or sea wyrm. Really nice if you're into that.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Thanks!

Think I'll pass on the total genocide, it's just too tiresome. Currently am approaching lvl 26, build is complete and don't really feel the need to hunt every unique oddity out there. Running crit build so gear-wise I'm interested only in rathound leathers anyway.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
managed to kill it without mutagen nonsense but took 10+ tries until blessed crit/evasion rng :-D
first turn run to middle point + spam every drug and hope you dont get cc:ed
second-third turn nuke, had 5AP to spare after it died

9zD0UxI.jpeg

sprint + expose weakness carried hard whole playthrough

probably do another playthrough after a month or two got quite many builds I want to test out

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
how retarded this build would be with lmg
1719451319022.png

constitution 10 might be too greedy and perception is kinda shit (lvl 4 1 into str and brute aim after that pump perception) but might take a while until you get lmg weapon
last stand + thick skull seems interesting feats so would kinda want to test high con build
versatility and only putting points into heavy guns probably results into nasty early game

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
yeah as I mentioned first point str and rest into perception, so suppressive would be lvl 12 and concentrated lvl 20
I was also thinking staring with 1 or 2 less con and add those to perception, but eventually get con into 10

fuck it I give it a spin with classic xp this time

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Base Ability points are every 4 levels though. So concentrated fire would be available level 20. Level 4 - strength (11) , level 8 - per (5), level 12 - per(6), level 16 -per(7), level 20 - per(8)
You'd be delaying a huge part of your build's damage output.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
early game is pretty easy when you just finished playthrough
at junkyard now, kinda regret I went with classic xp this time feels like Im overleveled already
again no cave magic and no stealth so kill everything (main reason I decided to try classic xp). did not realize you get lmg that early pretty much buy every bullet I can find
kA7QZAI.png

build gonna be
lvl 8 con to 9 last stand
lvl 10 opportunist
lvl 12 con to 10 thick skull
lvl 14 heavy metal
lvl 16 perception to 7 full-auto
lvl 18 mag dump
lvl 20 perception to 8 concentrated fire
after that dump rest to perception + get some crafting feats and maybe juggernaut

deleted my old save files had some loading problems (crashes) + installed that mod that increases random events

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
ye I just want to try something different
dump str dump con sneak around, don't wanna do that again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom