Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ciox

Liturgist
The time for another dev log is........*raises hand and waits a moment for emphasis*.......now.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Do you have other ideas about lore?

Who are Godmen? And when they appeared in Underrail and for what reason?
Flottsomir is Leviafan?
Where is 3rd Godmen?

It's not known who the third Godman is, it was left as a future story hook.

The Godmen stuff is in the Monolith visions as well as Azif/Six dialogues. They were dying out after the conflict with the Leviathans and came to Earth seeking a 'cure'. Or just spoil yourself. Has clear analogies to the ferryman's ideas. Don't we also fight against the Decline?

Flottsormir could be its own special snowflake it if made sense narratively in the future, but as of now it ties together with Leviathans being a cosmic horror bringing entropy, darkness and corruption. Remember the AoD conversation with the being behind the Arch (and to a lesser degree, also Balzaar throne room)? Or DE's Pale eating away the fabric of reality. It's that trope.

Divine Blessing

Scholar
idk if i can stomach this retro hell. tonite i suffered a stat distribution stroke on char generation, just couldnt decide on the build for my premiere playtru. cuz i want the complete, the absolute build. guns, swords, psi, science, crafts, social and stealth, but i cant. so i ll decide tomorrow on the singular combat skill and the second stat focus, as max int is an existential requirement for premiere playtrus.

story, setting, lore look great, builds seem to be decent, but the gameplay feels so faux 90s, like a PS1 remake by a Boomer

Tigranes

Arcane
idk if i can stomach this retro hell. tonite i suffered a stat distribution stroke on char generation, just couldnt decide on the build for my premiere playtru. cuz i want the complete, the absolute build. guns, swords, psi, science, crafts, social and stealth, but i cant. so i ll decide tomorrow on the singular combat skill and the second stat focus, as max int is an existential requirement for premiere playtrus.

story, setting, lore look great, builds seem to be decent, but the gameplay feels so faux 90s, like a PS1 remake by a Boomer

This sounds like a user problem, have you tried replacing it

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Honestly, I always loved discovering the mysteries of old Biocorp, the realization that John Dyson was the Dude, Matveev was Ezra, and they were both still alive and all that. The Godmen were actually, to me, less interesting of a topic, until I realized that at the very least it was possible that Old Biocorp got their genetics. But then, that the game was once called Timelapse Vertigo, and the Godmen look vaguely humanoid as far as we can tell, who knows if they're not actually humans from the future. Still, time travel is kinda not in the game (so far as we know) but rather dimensional rift walking is, so we can assume they're xenos.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Honestly, I always loved discovering the mysteries of old Biocorp, the realization that John Dyson was the Dude, Matveev was Ezra, and they were both still alive and all that. The Godmen were actually, to me, less interesting of a topic, until I realized that at the very least it was possible that Old Biocorp got their genetics. But then, that the game was once called Timelapse Vertigo, and the Godmen look vaguely humanoid as far as we can tell, who knows if they're not actually humans from the future. Still, time travel is kinda not in the game (so far as we know) but rather dimensional rift walking is, so we can assume they're xenos.

Future? After earth got in ice (sun burned out or was destroyed) and all people in Underrail are actually in process of degradation.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I figured it wasn't the sun cooling but another calamity or a dyson sphere incident or something similar. Maybe something to do with psionics considering the most recent addition with the cooling tower. I mean the major governments and the T6 Megas had enough time to build backup plans so either they knew about it, or it was gradual.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I figured it wasn't the sun cooling but another calamity or a dyson sphere incident or something similar. Maybe something to do with psionics considering the most recent addition with the cooling tower. I mean the major governments and the T6 Megas had enough time to build backup plans so either they knew about it, or it was gradual.
Remember Arx Fatalis? I wouldn't be surprised if it will turn out that the "leviathan that was orbiting the planet" blocked out the Sun instead

CHEMS

Scholar
add custom difficulty settings
I hate "custom difficulty" shit
a game should have one or at most two difficulties, not a "pick how much you want to cheat" mode

Custom difficulty would mean get a proper challenge without immersion breaking nerfs. I want even stronger encounters specially at higher levels, but i still don't like the merchant nerf. Sure, you can still make heaps of money, but it's not harder, it's just plain boring to do.

thesecret1

Arcane
Dominating was alright. Do not consider it unless you want to basically scrounge every corner of the game for any stray oddity, because you're gonna need every EXP, especially at the beginning

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Major_Blackhart

my first Dom run was a lot of pain. I reloaded a lot.

Then I took cues from certain Ironman posters here. Instead of going in with just lol in your pocket you had to prepare. Since you already played the game a lot and RNG factor is not that great you know what to expect - and can prepare accordingly. Weapons, armors, items, meds - this makes even tough encounters much more easier. Some encounters become non-issue whatsoever with proper preparation.

The only hurdle is nerfed trade system but I have no stomach for it, I just used trader refresh.

Mac_Orion

Stygian Software
Developer
Anyone knows when the next update is scheduled?
should be january, depends on testing.

Will you fix the glaring PSI issue?

There is no issue, works as intended.

Whats planned for the next update?

A lot from everything, UI overhaul so its better for 2k/4k screens, some new quests/dungeons, some items/ some gameplay changes (not nerfs), overall, that will be the last bigger content patch, im already annoyed when i get halted from my work on infusion to do something for underrail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom