Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial patches for Thief and other PC games

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, after testing both Gamecube and PC SourceNext versions of Resident Evil 3 with Seamless HD Project I've come to the conclusion that PC Version > Gamecube Version.

Pros of PC SN versus GCN? Basically this (and more):

jE0EdWi.png

• Tactical Reload mod (Aim + Cancel to reload),
  • Xinput / Direct Input / Raw gamepad support,
  • Remove Doors mod,
  • Plenty other options,
  • Properly resized inventory icons when using HD Texture Packs,
  • "Proper" difficulty modes: Original Mode (Japanese) = easier, Arrange Mode (Western) = harder.
pMRAUCJ.jpg

Cons of PC SN versus GCN:
  • Lower res for models. You should play in 1280x960 res for optimal outcome (see below), which is lower that x3 and above internal res in Dolphin.
  • Japanese subs in moves. But if you use the FMV Pack, you'll get these too.
Screenshots:

8sfNyZa.jpg

5kTmh42.jpg

BffeprJ.jpg

What to do:
Reason for using specific 1280x960 res? Well, going Fullscreen in any higher res breaks textures due to scaling. Check 1920x1080 (furniture & tiles are aliased):

NKRCbTS.jpg

And 1280x960 (no aliasing):

8sfNyZa.jpg

That is all.

:obviously:

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, same shit as above, but with Resident Evil 2.

Pros of PC SN versus GCN? Basically this (and more):

UPCrBV6.png

• Quickturn mod (Back + Run to quickturn)
  • Tactical Reload mod (Aim + Map to reload),
  • Xinput / Direct Input / Raw gamepad support,
  • Disable consorship in Original (Japanese) Mode,
  • Enable Auto Aim in Arrange (Western) Mode,
  • Plenty other options,
  • Gallery Mode (missing in GCN version).
6LPAT6m.jpg

Cons of PC SN versus GCN:
  • Lower res for models. You should play in 1280x960 res for optimal outcome (see below), which is lower that x3 and above internal res in Dolphin.
  • Japanese subs in moves. But if you use the FMV Pack, you'll get these too,
  • You can't skip cutscenes like in GC version (but you can increase game's speed),
  • No Doorskip mod (but you can skip them with button press).
Screenshots:

DPRzDPg.jpg

0jaNiPa.jpg

TejgB8S.jpg

What to do:
Reason for using specific 1280x960 res? Well, going Fullscreen in any higher res breaks textures due to scaling. Check 1920x1080:

C4EHldh.jpg

And 1280x960:

TejgB8S.jpg

*Edit: PC version is also easier to h4xx than the GCN version:

3w5xlcE.jpg

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, since me Biohazard playthrough is coming to an end with RER2, I've started preparing my next playthrough. By testing Deus Ex - Mankind Divided. Since Director's Cut is generally considered inferior to the "original Steam release", I went with the latter.

1) Used Fatgirl's Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Twin Pack (MULTi7) to install the "Complete Editon". I don't think the original release is still legally available (except key sites, but fuck those). AFAIK it was at some point available for Steam owners of DC in "Betas" section, but I don't know if it's still the case. And I don't plan on buying DC on Steam just to check this out (I own the game on GoG).
2) Replaced old and wonky Prophet cracks (AV is fussy about them) with Goldberg's steam_api.dll. Since game is quite old, Goldberg's .dll requires not only steam_appid.txt, but also steam_interfaces.txt. But when you make both of these, voila:

PCsPD0M.jpg

q2a8vp9.jpg

3) Applied DXHR Patcher

What does it do? Well:
  • You can skip all cutscenes, even the ones previously unskippable,
  • Blocks Eidos telemetry (servers are probably long gone, but still),
  • Fixes crashes / weird behaviour on multicore CPUs. On my i7 I had no crashes, but game was taking like half a minute to go back to OS after "Quit". This fix solved this.
  • Makes all batteries passively regen (AFAIR in vanilla only like 2 or 3 were regenerating).
Sadly, this fix is made in Java :roll: and requires both Runtime and SDK to work:

LQ43tlN.png

But when you make it work:

CB8YewQ.png

KDqtS6M.png

It works:

tZ3fbeP.jpg

HXbkRoo.jpg

:incline:

4) Apllied Modified DXHRDC-ModHook .dll.

This blocks DoubleFusion telemetry and also enables mod usage.

And that's it. Ducts here I come!

jbuWcrr.jpg

7FKSA0j.jpg

TJ7o58Z.jpg

But there's one "small" problem. Reflections.

If you enable DX11 in options, you'll get this after loading a savegame from first "regular" level:

kRY3eXV.jpg

:rage:

Solution? Either disable DX11, or perform a special voodoo each time you run the game. Tested it and it works, but disabling DX11 is easier.

p4u0M2h.jpg

Reflections still look weird. I will have to test the DC version to check out if it's a "feature" or some bug specific to the vanilla release and new drivers / system files.

But whatever.

1kvDg2v.jpg

kMOjStX.jpg

:dance:

BTW, both "small" DLCs (Explosive Mission Pack & Tactical Enhancement Pack) work fine on Goldberg emu, without any additional twerking (sometimes required for old games - Resident Evil 0 is an example).

oWNtwvK.jpg

TBH recently I've spent more time making my (small) collection of Steam games fully offline (Goldberg dll, Steamless, in rare cases (RE5) steamclient loader), than playing them. :oops:

Too bad GoG sucks so much ass recently, or I wouldn't abbandon my longterm "fuck buying on Steam" policy. But whatever, making Steam game DRM-free takes like 2 minutes. Unless it uses Denuvo, but anyone buying / playing such games is a cuck.

Drama king out.

AlphaYellow

Educated
Could anyone make a patch for IGI 1, allowing 60FPS, manual saving and raw mouse input, cuz the game's standard mouse input code sucks, I've already tried RInput but it doesn't work in this one. This game really deserves those, and much more.

spekkio

Arcane
I've decided to share two "mods", which I've made for Vestaria Saga 1 & 2.

Both these games have been made in SRPG Studio, which has some quirks, mainly related to its "hotkeys".

First, pressing "Escape" while game is in fullscreen, immediatly exits it to Windows. :roll:
Second, hotkey responsible for "Fullscreen On/Off" is F4, instead of more common F11.
Additionaly, pressing F11 in VS2 resets the game ("go back to the main screen" key).

Since all the above can be p. irritating (esp. the "Esc thing"), I've made two simple scripts / mods with AutoHotkey. AHK has some powerful features, but I needed it only for two things: disabling or changing certain keybord inputs. And that's what my "mods" do.

1) Vestaria 1 AHK Mod

Features:
  • Escape, Page Up and Page Down disabled. Disabling Esc is obvious (see above), but I've disabled also both Page keys, since pressing PgUp while having the best Cheat Table for the game enabled sends some input to Cheat Engine (not sure what it does, but it's there, since there's a "hotkey pressed" sound). Blocking PgUp & PgDn isn't necessary for people who don't use this table, but useful for people who do.
  • F11 works as F4. You can go fullscreen by pressing either F4 or F11.
AHK code:
Code:
Esc::return
PgUp::return
PgDn::return
f11::f4

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz5ai6whjliidno/

2) Vestaria 2 AHK Mod

Features:
  • Escape disabled.
  • F11 works as F4. You can go fullscreen by pressing either F4 or F11.
  • R works as F11. You can reset the game by pressing R.
AHK code:
Code:
Esc::return
f11::f4
r::f11

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8n0qupkymnyare4/

Usage: get the archive, extract either the .ahk file (requires having AHK installed) or the .exe (standalone executable), run.
Don't forget to disable the program after quitting the game, or you won't get your precious keys back.

That is all. :obviously:

Melcar

Arcane
Looking forward to the angel of darkness post.
BRO, TR series ended with TR3. :obviously:

Speaking of which...

How to play Tomb Raider 3 in 2022?

Sadly, there's no source port for TR3, as opposed to TR1 (Tomb1Main) & TR2 (TR2Main). So you have to do everything manually.

1a) GoG / Steam users: install the game. Game should be Win7/Win10 compatible.

1b) Vanilla CD / image users: insert / mount CD and install the game.

2b) Install Tomb Raider Series Multi Patch (it makes the game Vista/Win7 compatible).

3) Run the game. Set it up:

YIIffCU.png

I went with 1920x1080 'cuz why the fuck not + disabled gamepad, since a) game only supports DirectInput, so Xinput pads won't work & b) my DirectInput pad doesn't work properly anyway (only left stick works, but not buttons). We will need sth else for gamepad support...

Game should run. Problems:
  • FMVs won't play without the "Win7" or "WinXP" or "Win98" compatibility settings.
  • 2D elements have wrong aspect ratio (original game is 4:3), plus are kinda borked (vertical line near Lara's left boob):

LNv1x6Z.jpg

rJ25204.jpg

• 3D isn't properly scaled either:

VMRa53a.jpg
It looks like we need ADDITIONAL PYLONS... :roll:

But wait! There's more...

4) Fixing broken secret counter

Not visible, but vanilla game has a bug related to counting secrets (TR1 was the same). "Coastal Village" mission only counts 3 secrets properly, instead of 4. To fix this, you have to use TR3 Patch: Extra Secret Fix by Suikaze Raider. There's an installer for GoG / Steam versions, but for the "vanilla" CD version you have to modify the .exe yourself (Manual Fix Tutorial). Which is piss-easy, as long as you've used a hex-editor even once in your life:

9PLsmdH.png

BROs, to make your life easier, I've prepared a "base installation" file, which has both the Multi Patch Fixes and Extra Secret Fix already applied. Get this shit here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jcctcs0tjegp4ni/

To "install" the game, all you need is to:
  • Extract contents of this archive somewhere.
  • Copy required data folders to the "Tomb Raider 3" directory, either from the CD/image or the GoG / Steam installation. These are: audio, cuts, data, fmv & pix.
And that's it. :obviously:

Well, almost...

5) Going Widescreen & playing the game

You have two options here:

a) Not recommended

- Set the compatibility of the Tomb3.exe to "Win7" / "WinXP" / "Win98" (check which one works best for you).
- Use the Tomb Raider 2-3-4 Widescreen Patch to modify the Tomb3.exe, setting desired AR & FOV.

b) Recommended

! Actually, use dgVoodoo2 instead of Peixoto's patch - info in one of next posts.

Grab the Peixoto's Multipatcher (link to the old but gold version, since the new one is bloated & doesn't work properly with TR3).

Advantages over previous method:
  • proper widescreen, AR & FOV out of the box
  • fixes borked menus
  • deinterlaced FMVs + FMV scaling + support for HD FMVs (doesn't work for me)
  • configurable Xinput support
So, grab it, extract, run the help.exe, configure the game:

FBNWUkL.png

I would recommend enabling "Force native resolution" to prevent the game from switching to 640x480 for FMVs and messing with pulpit icons + set the "FMV scale" to 2 or more).

Create special shortcut for the game (uses Peixoto's patch to run it). And voila:

Z2UxJ2j.jpg

CKpfRAj.jpg

0s5BYQ4.jpg

As you can see, 3D elements use widescreen with proper AR and UI glitches are fixed. We're almost there!

PROTIP:

If you get a black screen at any point (audio plays, but no graphics), just run the "Peixoto Link" while holding Shift and re-set game's settings (mainly resolution).

6) Making 2D elements "widescreen"

Grab the TR 2 - 5 Widescreen Fix by TRJTA. Extract TR3-related content to game's folder. Game now looks like this:

uqHA8ex.jpg

OlraFBw.jpg

Not a perfect solution (2D backgrounds are pixelated due to the high res), but looks decent. To use the high-res backgrounds, we would need a source-port (original pics are 640x480).

Remaining problems:

3D UI elements like health / air bars are kinda small, and font is not the best to read, but nothing can be done with these problems ATM (except making a source port).

DaTLndH.jpg

So, that's it methinks... Unless you need even more ADDITIONAL PYLONS? :smug:

7) Applying an Unofficial Patch by Sardoc

This shit includes many fixes (models, textures, audio track) and also entirely removes the "health crystals" from the game (optional). Recommended.

8) Gamepad support

a) Xinput pad? Enable & configure gamepad support in Peixoto's patch:

C4KXweF.png

b) DirectInput pad? Use JoyToKey or sth similar.

vs0zlog.png

And now that's really it.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to like and subscribe, you cunts. :roll:

Anyone tried tomb3 yet?

https://core-design.com/community_thetomb3project.html

It's another source protect like Tomb1Main and TR2Main. I have not played the game much aside from the first level but it seems to do a well enough job. Like the other projects, it has proper widescreen support and UI scaling. I did need to install the corrected 2D backgrounds as those did not have the proper aspect ratio for my 16:9 screen. And also, it seems to lack gamepad support.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver

Wrace's SR1 Patch

Improves compatibility with modern versions of Windows, fixes various bugs, adds new sound engine and subtitles, removes SafeDisk, unlocks 60 FPS, native support of all gamepads and mouse, support of vibration for XInput gamepads, widescreen support, in-game map and in-game achievements, fix for storing/loading current level for the saves, additional menu items, "New Game+" to start with already solved puzzles and the possibility to skip intro movies.

Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver 2

SR2 - Soul Fixer

• Replaces Direct3D8 with Direct3D9 (thanks Direct3D8to9!) for better support of recent graphics cards and to allow software like Reshade;
  • Fixes random audio crashes/softlocks caused by FMOD;
  • Fixes issues with irresponsive resolution switching, mouse kidnapping, and tabbing in/out;
  • Enables the game to run in windowed mode (becomes borderless windowed if you pick the same resolution as your desktop) and adds various framerates speeds (30, 60, 120 fps) , with dedicated options in game;
  • Add an in-game option to toggle VSync for fullscreen mode;
  • Replaces the broken hardware FSAA (Full Scene Anti Aliasing) with a more modern SMAA (Subpixel Morphological Anti Aliasing) usable in 32 bit modes;
  • Fixes Motion Blur (aka “Full screen effects”) to work while Anti Aliasing is enabled, improves the general quality of the effect, and adds an option in game to toggle it whenever it’s possible;
  • Implements hardware gamma adjustments via shaders, making the gamma settings functional in windowed mode;
  • Replaces DirectInput7 with DirectInput8 and XInput, allowing most controllers to be detectable and with all buttons functioning;
  • Reworks the BINK player to run at the current resolution and zooms/aligns the video accordingly;
  • Integrates and reworks nemesis2000’s widescreen fix to function according to your currently selected resolution (i.e. no need to specify the aspect ratio in a configuration file, it auto adjusts the aspect ratio) and adds a couple other fixes for some 2D elements displaying with square pixels instead of stretched (logos, Dark Chronicles);
  • Allows the English executable to run with any officially localized version of the game’s data – just switch bigfile.dat and you’re good.

Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen 2

BO2 - Re-vamped

• Integrates D3D8to9 for better support of recent graphics cards;
  • Fixes random audio crashes caused by FMOD and illegal memory access during loading transitions;
  • Fixes issues with mouse freely roaming away from the game’s window;
  • Enables the game to run in windowed mode (becomes borderless windowed if you pick the same resolution as your desktop) and adds various framerates speeds (30, 60, 120 fps) , with dedicated options in game;
  • Replaces the broken hardware FSAA (Full Scene Anti Aliasing) with a more modern SMAA (Subpixel Morphological Anti Aliasing) usable in 32 bit modes;
  • Fixes motion blur to work while Anti Aliasing is enabled, improves the general quality of the effect, and adds an option in game to toggle it;
  • Implements hardware gamma adjustments via shaders, making the gamma settings functional in windowed mode;
  • Replaces DirectInput7 with DirectInput8 and XInput, allowing most controllers to be detectable and with all buttons functioning;
  • Reworks the BINK player to run at the current resolution and centers the video accordingly;
  • Adds adaptive widescreen support based on your current resolution.

spekkio

Arcane
Anyone tried tomb3 yet?

It's another source protect like Tomb1Main and TR2Main. I have not played the game much aside from the first level but it seems to do a well enough job. Like the other projects, it has proper widescreen support and UI scaling. I did need to install the corrected 2D backgrounds as those did not have the proper aspect ratio for my 16:9 screen. And also, it seems to lack gamepad support.
BROs, there was some testing.

You have to install .NET Desktop Runtime to use disso shitto:

dzWfyEs.png

:roll:

And what does it do? Well, it allows you to tweak certain aspects of the game, similar to what TR2Main does:

oUkeF96.jpg

W68uOvl.jpg

ixLRCQZ.jpg

v3IucRW.jpg

tXztXqe.jpg

6A1yQC1.jpg

So you can choose the "PC" way, the "PSX" way, or the "mixed" way. And set the GUI scaling.

It fixes the aspect ratio of "widescreen" resolutions, so you don't need the "widescreen_tomb_raider_2345.rar" fix.

But!

It doesn't fix the rendering bug, you'll still get this (line on Lara's boob):

40DveOL.png

Unless you use dgvoodoo ("TR 2 - 5 Widescreen Fix" for 2D elements also applied):

nsGI3HQ.png

7d2IQFV.jpg

No "modern" gamepad (Xinput, etc) support too.

So: very interesting as a "tweaker", but not yet on the level of Tomb1Main or TR2Main (full-fledged "source ports").

spekkio

Arcane
More testing.

SR2 - Soul Fixer

Game launches fine without it, but doesn't recognize my DirectInput gamepad + has wrong AR in 1920x1080:

5MfWc7Z.jpg

After applying the fix, AR is fixed:

cjfdOFN.jpg

And gamepad becomes available:

ed3ceKM.jpg

Cons: for some reason you can't skip intro FMVs when using the fix.

:decline:

*Edit: Use LMB to skip intro movies.

BO2 - Re-vamped
Game won't even start without the fix, hanging while loading main menu:

zBvoigC.jpg

After applying the fix, it loads fine:

a5gNX9K.jpg

With additional options:

uCqQNex.jpg

And gamepad support:

K3jMQQY.jpg

And proper AR for these babies:

DOlesLZ.jpg

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane
Anyone tried tomb3 yet?

BROs, there was some testing.

You have to install .NET Desktop Runtime to use disso shitto:

dzWfyEs.png

:roll:

And what does it do? Well, it allows you to tweak certain aspects of the game, similar to what TR2Main does:

oUkeF96.jpg

W68uOvl.jpg

ixLRCQZ.jpg

v3IucRW.jpg

tXztXqe.jpg

6A1yQC1.jpg

So you can choose the "PC" way, the "PSX" way, or the "mixed" way. And set the GUI scaling.

It fixes the aspect ratio of "widescreen" resolutions, so you don't need the "widescreen_tomb_raider_2345.rar" fix.

But!

It doesn't fix the rendering bug, you'll still get this (line on Lara's boob):

40DveOL.png

Unless you use dgvoodoo ("TR 2 - 5 Widescreen Fix" for 2D elements also applied):

nsGI3HQ.png

7d2IQFV.jpg

No "modern" gamepad (Xinput, etc) support too.

So: very interesting as a "tweaker", but not yet on the level of Tomb1Main or TR2Main (full-fledged "source ports").

I'm playing it on Wine Staging and get no such rendering errors. The 2D elements fix still needs to be applied else you get "thicc Lara" at the intro screen. No gamepad support sucks ass, but one can circumvent it with shit like qjoypad or anything that can map keyboard inputs to gamepad button presses (or just use the keyboard like a proper PC master race member). The .net runtime requirement is also lame, but whatever. I think the latest tomb3 release broke dgvoodoo (on Wine at least) and DXVK causes rendering issues with the configuration utility. This is the only way I can play the GOG version on Wine. The Steam version works and even seems to have better resolution scaling out of the box (UI and 2D elements still need fixing however). No FMVs as well (except the intro that now plays on its own window). I could never get FMVs to work on the regular game either, so no big loss.

Correction: DXVK 2.2 now seems to not cause issues with rendering.

Check out those abs :bounce:

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
After much troubleshooting I finally managed to setup the classic two Thief games on Linux with 3D Audio, high refresh rates, and a fan mission selector. What I did was incredibly similar to how I did on Windows but with two extra steps relating to audio and video.

What you will need: a fresh install of the game, TFix for Thief 1 (T2Fix for Thief 2), New Dark OpenAL Soft .dll files (both games).
  • After installing the game run it at least once to ensure proper configuration files are generated.
  • Thief 1: Copy all files from the TFix archive into your Thief 1 directory and overwrite when prompted.
  • Thief 2: Run the installer through Wine. Windows installers will treat your root directory as another virtual drive with the prefix being Z:
    • For Thief 2 I could not get a portable install to work which is why I ran the installer through Wine for Thief 2 and not for the first game.
  • Copy all files from the New Dark OpenAL Soft .dll files archive into your base game directory (applies to either game)
  • Launch the game then go into Options > Audio and click Hardware Acceleration OpenAL until Eax Setting: On
    • The above step is what enable 3D audio.
    • Coincidentally this removed audio crackling.
  • I had severe audio crackling until I did the above step.
  • MAYBE REQUIRED: If you only get audio in cutscenes then in your base game directory rename ir50_32.dll into something else. I could not find any other fix for this problem.
At this point the game can be played normally but I wanted the ability select a fan mission at launch and to play at 144fps.

What you will need: an ability to edit configuration files and a fan mission selector
  • Copy all files downloaded through the above link into your base game directory.
  • In cam_mod.ini remove the semicolon from the beginning of line 10 to where the only text on the link is fm.
  • From here you can setup the mission selector as you see fit.
  • For high refresh rates open cam_ext.cfg and add your desired refresh rate to line 38. For me it read as framerate_cap 144
  • To prevent physics issues, still in cam_ext.cfg, remove the semicolon from the beginning of line 285. It should read phys_freq 60
All of the above is what I did to get the games to work on my system. If you have any alternatives that will save on configuration time please do let me know.

Last edited:

FoodPoisoning

Barely Literate
  • MAYBE REQUIRED: If you only get audio in cutscenes then in your base game directory rename ir50_32.dll into something else. I could not find any other fix for this problem.
I found this thread randomly while trying to find a solution to RE2 not running video on cutscenes and found your comment. I tried doing this but renaming it wasn't permitted, so i was about to ask you how you did it, until i found someone on Steam having a similar problem with cutscenes playing without video, and a link. I downloaded it and it worked.

http://www.cucusoft.com/codec.asp

If anyone else ever sees this comment, download and install Codinstl, the last one. It worked on Resident Evil 2 1998.

spekkio

Arcane
Additional fix for Soul Reaver 2, except the Soul Fixer, mentioned above.

Wrace's Soul Enhancer

• Adds additional items to the Pause menu which allow to skip (speed up) ingame cinematics, save the game at any location, and manipulate with some parameters of hero (including Invincible feature).
• Adds additional feature for the in-game Map which allows to teleport between locations on that map which are accessible at this time (century), excepting Stronghold (because the last one has important triggers which must be always activated by the user), by providing the appropriate hint at the left bottom corner of the map.
• Activates the official game's feature Autoface Toggle Mode (Defiance default feature - holding autoface without necessity to hold its button).
• Fixes the old bug with the movement forward in the autoface (can't move) and swim (move forward instead of turn) modes if one uses the “keyboard + mouse” control scheme.
Tested and it works like a charm. Just apply Soul Fixer before using it.

sr22023-09-0922-59-53pqerw.jpg

sr22023-09-0922-59-38gaems.jpg

Last edited:

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
BROs, since me Biohazard playthrough is coming to an end with RER2, I've started preparing my next playthrough. By testing Deus Ex - Mankind Divided Human Revolution. Since Director's Cut is generally considered inferior to the "original Steam release", I went with the latter.
Is there any way to get menu/HUD scaling in this game? It seems hard coded to 720p/1080p. On my 1440p screen it's frustratingly small, 4K is unplayable. Weirdly it doesn't affect everything. Inventory, mouse pointer, and menus are mostly fine, but HUD, ebooks, sniper scope, various other things aren't. I've never found a solution for this and wish I could bump the game past 1080p.

Edit: I have original Steam version and Director's Cut, and it's a problem in both.

spekkio

Arcane
Tried this?

https://www.nexusmods.com/deusexhumanrevolution/mods/28

It looks like it's the updated Exe Patcher I've mentioned ITT some time ago. I think UI scaling was added just recently - I don't remember version I've been using having this...

Change UI Scaling – Provides 3 options for UI scaling (credit: user rrika):
Limited Scaling – This is what the game does by default. HUD scaling stops for resolutions beyond 1280x720
Full Scaling - Standard Size – This uses the same scaling ratio as the game’s default, but remove the 1280x720 size cap.
Full Scaling - Small Size – This removes the 1280x720 resolution cap but makes the scaling ratio smaller. Intended for high resolutions.

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Just reinstalled the DX:HR and gave the UI scaling a try - works flawlessly. I had given up hope anyone would ever figure out how to patch that in.

spekkio

Arcane
Re: Soul Reaver 2.

Today ~3 p.m. I posted this @ GoG forums:

spekkio said:
Hey, Wrace.

Thank you very much for your work on SR1 & SR2.

I have a question regarding SR2 Enhancer, and precisely, this feature:

Activates the official feature Autoface Toggle Mode (holding autoface without necessity to hold its button).

Would it be possible to make it toggleabble somehow, since I'm not a fan of this feature (I'm used to the old "keep button to autoface" solution).

About 2 hours later...

Wrace said:
Yes, of course. Use this version in such case - it will desactivate Autoface Toggle Mode if the file dinput.old exists in the game folder (I added already this file into the linked archive).

If only paid devs were as fast... :roll:

Anyway, you can now disable the "Autoface Toggle Mode" thanks to me Wrace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom