Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Codex Year of the Donut
Whats a good storyfag game that came out finished this year?
Not animu and no pixelated unreadable font.
Archolos if we're using a more inclusive definition of this year to mean the past 365 days.
Otherwise, nothing.

The life and suffering of sir Brante.
not an rpg + came out last year
good though, well written + interesting world

Darth Canoli

Arcane

From the Steam page :

"Shadows over Silesia is a dark action adventure game with fantasy elements set in real medieval Europe. With true historical events in the background, you'll be facing intricate puzzles, challenging battles and cunning stealth. You will come across possessed devil worshipers, sexual demons, and beasts from hell, as well as creatures well-known from European mythology."

An no RPG tag.

notpl

Arbiter

From the Steam page :

"Shadows over Silesia is a dark action adventure game with fantasy elements set in real medieval Europe. With true historical events in the background, you'll be facing intricate puzzles, challenging battles and cunning stealth. You will come across possessed devil worshipers, sexual demons, and beasts from hell, as well as creatures well-known from European mythology."

An no RPG tag.
image.png

:desu:

notpl

Arbiter
I don't think any of them are actually coming out in 2022. The OP lists Necromancer's Tale in 2022, for example, but its steam page has no release date and based on the news updates it's still many years away.

Modron

Arcane
With 3 full takeover page steam sales between here and the end of year bound to be a slump in release. There really aren't any RPGs of substance and barely even a handful of JRPGs (well mostly strategy rpgs) releases.

Lost Eidolons (korean but whatever),
ASTLIBRA Revision,
Triangle Strategy,
Persona 5 Royal,
Tactics Ogre: Reborn,
VALKYRIE ELYSIUM,
STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE,

That's about it unless some good stuff gets their release date filled in within the next month or two. I wouldn't look to new releases to scratch that rpg itch.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Persona 5 Royal
Tactics Ogre: Reborn
These. This will be my third time through P5. I might wait for mods instead of playing on day 1. Depends on how well I can entertain myself. Dragon Ball: The Breakers comes out on Friday and I'm hoping that will keep me occupied for a few weeks.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
With 3 full takeover page steam sales between here and the end of year bound to be a slump in release. There really aren't any RPGs of substance and barely even a handful of JRPGs (well mostly strategy rpgs) releases.

Lost Eidolons (korean but whatever),
ASTLIBRA Revision,
Triangle Strategy,
Persona 5 Royal,
Tactics Ogre: Reborn,
VALKYRIE ELYSIUM,
STAR OCEAN THE DIVINE FORCE,

That's about it unless some good stuff gets their release date filled in within the next month or two. I wouldn't look to new releases to scratch that rpg itch.
Offtopic: What about adventure games?

You, Abu Antar and CyborgBoy95 are my sources of info on good stuff. You make this site so much better, and balance Infinitron's fiery desire to suck Obsidian cock and promote woke garbage. You for example brought my attention to Faded Afternoon

I have no problem with lack of good games to play. RPG CODEX 100 TOP RPGs list alone should entertain me for years to come

Modron

Arcane
Well there are four more point and clicks coming out this week with demos you can check out:

Unusual Findings
Sunday Gold (separate prologue demo)
The Case of the Golden Idol, I enjoyed the demo to this one it's a bit more of a logic puzzler/detective game than a traditional point and click.
Lucy Dreaming

Dreams in the Witch House is the one I am looking forward to the most but it's still just slated for the 4th quarter of this year. Beyond that there aren't too many with set in stone release dates before the end of the year that I am aware of.

November:
The Past Within, from the Rusty Lake people (has a demo).
Terminal Madness the Awakening, a sequel to some mac exclusive adventure game from 2021.
The Phantom Fellows (has a demo wasn't terribly impressed with it granted I played it like 3 next fests ago could have been improved since I tried it).

December:
Press Lex to Metaverx (has a demo as well but I haven't gotten around trying it myself, previous game by him really nailed the early to mid 90s space quest/king's quest/monkey island animation style but was pretty short).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's Yours favourite upcoming RPG in what remains of 2022?
Only upcoming 2022 game that I intend to get is Lost Eidolons, but it's not something I'd recommend to the average codexer, since it is a Korean Fire Emblem ripoff. I like FE, so that's why I backed the game on Kickstarter. I'm also getting Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, but that's also a weaboo game. No wrpgs that I can think of for the rest of 2022 that interest me.

2023 looks more interesting with Aledorn, Archaelund, Archquest, Call of Saregnar, Codename: Wandering Sword, Colony Ship, Drova, Dual Gear, Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, Exoplanet, Kingdoms of the Dump, Kriegsfront Tactics, Labyrinth of Zangetsu, Monomyth, Octopath Traveler 2, The Outer Radius, Path of Wuxia (fan translation), Prisonscape, Project Haven, SKALD, Space Wreck, Stellar Tactics, Stoneshard, Urban Strife, Zodiac Legion.
Bold games are of interest for the Codex, the others are weaboo games that might work for some codexers. I skipped some other weaboo games that I know the codex won't care about, like Legend of Heroes, and Yakuza games.

notpl I did a quick run of the Op, and updated release dates.

Dolmen
RELEASED!
Third Person, Sci-Fi, Cosmic Horror, Action, Soulslike

Out There: Oceans of Time
RELEASED!
Space Simulator, Turn-based Combat, Ship Upgrading, Crew Management, Exploration

Potion Permit
RELEASED!
"JRPG", Crafting, Farming, Action, Pixel Graphics

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom