Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
8-Bit Adventures 2
RELEASED!
Pixel Graphics, Turn-based, Party-based, "JRPG"

Entering Early Access

Inkulinati
Release Date: TBA 2023 (Available on Steam EA)
Turn-based, Hand Drawn, Party-based, Side View

Superfuse
Release Date: TBA (Availade on Steam EA)
Hack n' Slash, Isometric, Superheroes, Class-based, Single Character

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Guy who regularly releases free RPG Maker stuff with custom art released one more thing, this time it's not a traditional JRPG-thing like his other games but rather looks like a simple Fire Emblem-kind of thing : https://kainworks.itch.io/ruin-hacker

“A shadow looms over the small Kingdom of Nohrica and not even the Burgmarkian Guard seems capable of dealing with all the turmoil threatening the once peaceful country.

There are a thousand stories coming from far away places about the Hackers, powerful mercenaries ready to face any challenge (... for a generous payment!).

It seems as good a time as any to test the veracity of those legends!”

※ Game Information ※

Ruin Hacker is a tactical role-playing game focused on party and equipment management and also treasure hunting.

Taking control of a band of adventurers, you must complete a number of quests to progress through the game. Instead of maps featuring large scale battles, every quest will challenge you to progress through different areas divided in smaller sections with the aim to complete each quest's objective.

Most weapons, armors and valuable items are randomized and obtainable by defeating enemies, finding treasures and as quest rewards. Consequently, all quest can be repeated and each area offers different branching paths.

※ Game Features ※
  • Assemble your party wisely and guide them to victory!
  • Master your skills to succeed in challenging tactical battles!
  • Several characters (classes) to recruit and train!
  • Randomized loot! Including treasures, weapons, armors and quest rewards.
  • Branching paths! Revisit previous cleared quests to fully explore each area.

Skdursh

Savant
Want to add this to the thread because it looks interesting, sort of like a managerial KC:D. Also there are no threads for it on the site and they are currently having a playtest for the game.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I had apparently not forgotten Gray Zone, I hadn't removed it from the list in the OP. Man, maybe I am getting old.
:shredder:

Edit: I have updated the release date of every game to the best of my ability. Hopefully, I got everything right. Removed some stuff, added some stuff. Moved a game or two to the abandoned section.

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant
This thing says it's an RPG seems more like a dishonored inspired game; it probably will have a demo during the next fest tomorrow.

That trailer really didn't not inspire much confidence. It looks nice, but the melodramatic voice acting and overly self-serious tone made me want to dropkick the devs. Besides that, Repo Man is classic sci-fi/punk film schlock from the mid 80's and I'd rather see a game based on that setting than this wants-to-be-Arcanum-but-if-it-was-raped-by-modern-Arkane "steampunk" game.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Last edited:

Acrux

Arcane
This thing says it's an RPG seems more like a dishonored inspired game; it probably will have a demo during the next fest tomorrow.

The demo is hilariously broken.

This thing looks like it might be a hilarious train wreck to follow. I also saw that this group took over development from another company and completely changed the type of game it was going to be.

On the demo
and the bumpy road

We messed up. Got delayed, lost time on fixes and putting together systems that weren't meant to exist until later in the production. In short, the demo wasn't ready for the Festival and we were looking to pull out.

But our hand got forced - for better or for worse!

At the Festival's start on Monday, an early dev build got auto-pushed to release on Steam. The meaningless hellscape that some of you have attempted to play was never meant to see the light of day; its sole purpose was testing out some scripts and searching for holes in the environment.

But upon discussing the situation internally, we figured we might have just enough actual content ready to put a demo together after all.

I'm pushing the first update to the demo right now. it's got some neat dialogue now. The card games (3 of them for now) should be easier to get through now (we're working on a proper tutorial though! For now, just remember all you have to do is keep the bars from BOTH filling or emptying.)
The performance is improved. We fixed like a hundred bugs that we originally meant to tie up months from now. We threw in some systems that were slated for later.
It's certainly not where it *should be* as a proper demo, but we'll be getting there soon.

We'll be pushing an update with more content each day until the end of this week, and the demo should reach its intended state by Sunday. Not optimal, I know. Kinda bad. Nobody wants to watch the birthing pains of a videogame. But we'll try to rinse down that bad aftertaste of a raw dev build getting released.

I'd also like to acknowledge how INCREDIBLY understanding y'all were in general - most people noticed something was off right away and withheld their judgement. We don't deserve you guys.

Anyway! Check out this new build or wait for the updates - Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'll also be personally livestreaming the game on Friday evening. :)

Thank you for your patience!
Alan Padziński
Head of Studio at ACHARA

Victor1234

Educated
Want to add this to the thread because it looks interesting, sort of like a managerial KC:D. Also there are no threads for it on the site and they are currently having a playtest for the game.

I want more historical games, but what a terrible execution. "Realistic medieval noble simulator", then first screenshot is green drop coming out of small Coke-looking bottle with skull on it. "You will set off a recruiting squad" is the next screen. :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom