Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Kickstarter now live!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Make it punchy.
CYBERVAMPS
I mean geez, I already want to buy a game with that name.
I second this. It effectively gets the concept across

My suggestion would’ve been something like “Cyborg Vampire Gang Wars.”
Didn't the guy behind the game say that vampires can't be cyborgs? It doesn't make sense if so.

It's not that they can't be cyborgs, it's that weird shit starts happening.

If you are too augmented before becoming a vampire, they simply won't make you into one. If you keep augmenting yourself after becoming a vampire, past a certain point it'll trigger a few things:

1. Your lineage immediately disavows you
2. You become a priority target for all the lineages, the Mandate and the Slayer Order to hunt down. Essentially all the factions in the game.
3. Your vampiric curse deepens, creating new (mostly negative) effects.
4. It'll impact the story

Congrats! You've unlocked hard mode!

Technomancer

Liturgist
It's not that they can't be cyborgs, it's that weird shit starts happening.
Ok but my point is that its weird to advertise cyborg vamps in the title if that is not really a primary intended gameplay feature and more like a challenge mode.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Your vampiric curse deepens, creating new (mostly negative) effects.
Mostly huh? So what are the positives? Beyond benefits from chrome.
I'm not too sure how it will translate into gameplay, or if I even have the budget/time to flesh it out.

If I do get the time and budget I need, there will be a separate skill tree for Transgressed Vampires, with new skills and everything.

The curse that governs vampirism comes from the fact that you are transgressing natural law that the actual god of the setting laid down: that only one true immortal should ever exist. Making yourself more immortal increases the effects of the curse. As a vampire, your "soul" is already destroyed, meaning you cannot reincarnate for the Last Day. If you Transgress further, you will transform into a conduit for certain nihilistic lovecraftian entities that want to eat the universe.

Since the player is narratively a powerful extra-dimensional entity that happens to be controlling that character, allowing this to happen will push you out of that body and eventually induce a "bad ending."

Technomancer

Liturgist
I'm not too sure how it will translate into gameplay, or if I even have the budget/time to flesh it out.

If I do get the time and budget I need, there will be a separate skill tree for Transgressed Vampires, with new skills and everything.
Hope you do. Vampire-cyborg abominations that are broken as shit and are hated by everyone is pretty much powergamer's wet dream. Shit is metal af.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Blood runner ?

Silicon fangs ?

No juice no fun ?

Vain suckers ?

:shredder:

Actually, Gangs of Moonfall sounds good to me. Is there anything with "crimson syndicate" or "crimson chips" already ? If you really have cyber in your vamps, something with bloodied integrated circuits could make for a nice font.

Last edited:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Just call it BloodNet: Moonfall.
I was going to suggest that, but there are trademark issues. NightDive Studios owns the trademark and they’re retaining it by selling BloodNet on Steam and GOG. You’d have to ask them for a license to use it, or they could sue you for trademark infringement

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Make it punchy.
CYBERVAMPS

Might as well just shorten it to VAMPZ.

Everyone knows replacing S with Z means you're a rebel from the future.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Make it punchy.
CYBERVAMPS

Might as well just shorten it to VAMPZ.

Everyone knows replacing S with Z means you're a rebel from the future.
Or you're hardcore on American spelling as against British spelling

lightbane

Arcane
Needs a catchier name. What about... Bloodedge?

If you are too augmented before becoming a vampire, they simply won't make you into one. If you keep augmenting yourself after becoming a vampire, past a certain point it'll trigger a few things:

I suppose there's no biological augmentations such as improved organs then?
Something that says tampers with the blood such as adding sci-fi nanomachines and/or better blood production would help with being a vamp.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Needs a catchier name. What about... Bloodedge?

I suppose there's no biological augmentations such as improved organs then?
Something that says tampers with the blood such as adding sci-fi nanomachines and/or better blood production would help with being a vamp.

It's something I thought about earlier in dev, but I ended up deciding two things:

1. Classic vampires are cooler. They also make a good foil for the all the crazy tech shit that happens in a cyberpunk setting.

2. They would be too OP unrestricted, setting-wise. Vampires are already immortal, have powerful regenerative abilities, superstrength and the best power of all: money. If they could start to improve on their bodies, they would definitely remove all their flaws, such as weakness to sunlight. So I just made it so they couldn't.

A cyber-arm here or there is fine (but just barely). Replacing your skin with something sunlight resistant, or removing your need to constantly consume blood is a no-no.

Last edited:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Yeah, but why they can't buy such augs or even sunlight resistant armors if they're so rich with money?

Vampires can't replace too much of their body because of the vampiric curse.

Sunlight weakness is also a symptom of the curse (it's more of being active in daytime as opposed to actually being in sunlight).

The curse is my version of a "wizard did it." It's a catch all for the things vampires can and can't do.

lightbane

Arcane
2. They would be too OP unrestricted, setting-wise. Vampires are already immortal, have powerful regenerative abilities, superstrength and the best power of all: money. If they could start to improve on their bodies, they would definitely remove all their flaws, such as weakness to sunlight. So I just made it so they couldn't.
Vampires would absolutely use technology, magic and whatever to become even better, but I can understand you wish to avoid balance issues.
Reminds me of the OVAs Cyberpunk City Edo, where there was a sci-fi vampire created by a failed medicine that attempted to give the user eternal life. It succeeded (at the expense of the user becoming a vampire) and was super-OP, the bad guy being capable of surviving being thrown into space and reforming wholesale, but was still killed after being exposed to a concoction to counter said miracle cure.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So for this game I think I will reduce the number of weapons and instead focus on making them distinct mechanically and customizable. Just like how in the real world, elite military forces converge on the same few firearm platforms, that'll probably be true of vampires and their familiars, who can afford the best.

8687867867.jpeg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Less dakka is fine, but give more choppa.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom