Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Kickstarter now live!

rojay

Scholar
Can't believe I've been e-begging on Kickstarter for over a decade lol.
You're asking for help from people who want to see your project succeed and in return for that help you'll provide the game. That's not begging and I hope your fundraising continues to be awesome.

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Congrats to Tyranicon for an already successful kickstarter. I hope you meet all of the stretch goals as well. However, I would say that you should prioritize detailed char customization (and really most other things) over voice acting. Your core audience arguably doesn't give a shit about that. The giant push for VO is mostly from streamers who don't have the talent for narration. Your game is for adults, which means it will not be streamed very extensively.

lightbane

Arcane
Congrats! I'm tempted to support this, but then again, how do I know you won't suddenly go mad like one certain Plugf here?

The Jester

Cipher

Tyranicon

The stretch goals are so boring; that's not how it's supposed to be. These should be milestones designed to generate hype.
How about something like this?
At 50k: Unlock twin cute Chinese sisters you can have sex with. One belongs to the Slayer Order, and the other is from the Dragon Clan, and they want to kill each other.
But with your big dick mercenary charisma if you manage to resolve their dispute peacefully you can have a threesome with them.

The Jester

Cipher
At 75k: You can buy different hideouts with various themes, such as a luxurious penthouse in the tallest skyscraper in the city or a dark and mysterious underground hideout. Acquiring these hideouts should come with their own questlines, and then you can hire your own staff, like cooks, security guards, and a manager that hires hookers for big orgies.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
So proud of your success dude! Hopefully your example inspires others to make their own games in niche genres. I’m really tired of all the bland homogenous slop that companies have been dumping for the last decade.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Your core audience arguably doesn't give a shit about that.
I doubt the core audience is into voiceless banging scenes.
[Audition for video game role]
Seeking: voice talent
Requirements: Good sex noises

You should move stretch goals to the top of the page now for visibility.
Agreed and done.

At 75k: You can buy different hideouts with various themes, such as a luxurious penthouse in the tallest skyscraper in the city or a dark and mysterious underground hideout. Acquiring these hideouts should come with their own questlines, and then you can hire your own staff, like cooks, security guards, and a manager that hires hookers for big orgies.

This actually is one of the later stretch goals.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I remember having 6 appartements in CP2077 while half of the denizens of Night City were homeless bums. Good times.

Marrying the idea of different bases of operation with some gameplay variety (like exclusive questlines or maybe a companion for each base) at first seems like a great idea, but creating such exclusive content that only 1/5 players will see would be expensive and probably not the best allocation of a solodev's limited resources.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Best model for player housing that incentivizes actually visiting them is IMHO ease of use features like crafting stations, easy access to merchants (from a console in your home - this can be a big one for late/mid-game reward so you no longer have to run around to visit merchants), fast travel and stash. That kind of stuff.

These systems don't take up development time but still means you'll be visiting your home often.

Most player housing is completely useless.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Love that henchman customization goal by the way. Not enough to personally pledge another $65000 but still. Hope it makes it for purely selfish reasons.

Vincente

Arbiter
The heist crew thing made me remember how I never used runners in HBS Shadowrun games other than my game given crew.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The heist crew thing made me remember how I never used runners in HBS Shadowrun games other than my game given crew.
Agree. It's a missed opportunity when party RPGs let you fill out your group with fascinating characters who all have custom content or .... randos with no content. My dream game wouldn't let you keep your favorites by your side 24/7 and would encourage mixing it up. (I absolutely adored how Shadow Gambit gave mechanical incentives for bringing in characters you haven't used in a while.)

First stretch goal is met (or maybe not, im looking at different currency) now I just hope the next one's are funded because I want that customization

Tyranicon did you expect it to go this fast?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom