Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
His statement makes sense to me.
latest

Abilities and disciplines: In!
Attributes: Out!

A streamlining because something that wasn't intuitive even to people I've seen on the Codex, is that that feats box on the right has the only thing that matters. You're just putting points directly into feats (and also spells) instead of putting points into two different things that all contribute to the same number.

That does make sense, but I think what's throwing people off is that the author of the preview immediately followed that up with "instead, you are capable of handling any weapon you come across" - implying that that the lack of distributing attribute points to "abilities" is what's responsible. Maybe it's out of context.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

That does make sense, but I think what's throwing people off is that the author of the preview immediately followed that up with "instead, you are capable of handling any weapon you come across", implying that that the lack of distributing attribute points to "abilities" is what allows that.
oh, I think the author is definitely clueless, but that doesn't mean that attributes are still in.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think Paradox get unfairly accused of going DLC crazy on everything they publish. In reality, it's mainly their flagship grand strategy titles that do that. All of their games have some DLC, but not shitloads of it. Tyranny doesn't have tons of DLC, nor BattleTech.

Because both were flops?

But yes, DLCs are more a meme and their version of games as a service, which is constrained mostly to their grand strategy titles and city builders, which can be played for years.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

A streamlining because something that wasn't intuitive even to people I've seen on the Codex, is that that feats box on the right has the only thing that matters. You're just putting points directly into feats (and also spells) instead of putting points into two different things that all contribute to the same number.
Fuck,i lived long enough to see codexers defending dumbing down of old RPG systems.

Attributes were meh because of how op the BloodBuff was. If they decide to make it scaleable to discipline invested points,it would fix a lot of problems.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

He says Skills, Disciplines, etc. Nothing has been said about Attributes at all. There's no reason to think that either is in or out.

There is, however, reason to think that at least Brawl, Melee, and Firearms have been cut.

And no matter how we cut it, we're still looking at pure decline.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That does make sense, but I think what's throwing people off is that the author of the preview immediately followed that up with "instead, you are capable of handling any weapon you come across" - implying that that the lack of distributing attribute points to "abilities" is what's responsible. Maybe it's out of context.

I'm going to make the educated guess that increasing your ranged/melee/unarmed combat feats just increases damage, no die rolls involved.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

He says Skills, Disciplines, etc. Nothing has been said about Attributes at all. There's no reason to think that either is in or out.

There is, however, reason to think that at least Brawl, Melee, and Firearms have been cut.

Brian Mitsoda said there’s a firearms skill, so that’s wrong.

Edit: read the damn thread Luckmann

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I'm going to make the educated guess that increasing your ranged/melee/unarmed combat feats just increases damage, no die rolls involved.

Yes, I think what likely happened here is that the previewer was given two different facts about the game's systems:

1) Skills and disciplines are in, but not attributes.

2) You can handle any weapon without having to invest in a skill just to acquire basic competence.

And he made a false logical connection between the two (1 therefore 2).

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Brian Mitsoda said there’s a firearms skill, so that’s wrong.
Cr0Fn7U.png

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yes, I think what likely happened here is that the previewer was given two different facts about the game's systems:

1) Skills and disciplines are in, but not attributes.

2) You can handle any weapon without having to invest in a skill just to acquire basic competence.

And he made a false logical connection between the two (1 therefore 2).

Who knows? At the top of the article, the author says he never played Bloodlines! I don’t think he has any clue what any of this stuff means. I doubt they’re telling journalists that skills and disciplines are in but attributes are out—if they were, someone else would’ve reported details about character creation already.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Delterius

Arcane
previewer
Why a previewer when the game won't come out for a year? It is a betatester at this point.
someone has to betatest the game, some people are paid to do so by ign and others pay epic to do it for us
Paradox have also had in-house testing of Bloodlines in Stockholm, fyi. So yeah, beta-testing/focus grouping is ongoing.
i don't trust people who play bloodlines 2 before i do

Prime Junta

Paradox have also had in-house testing of Bloodlines in Stockholm, fyi. So yeah, beta-testing/focus grouping is ongoing.

Hardly beta testing this early in the game. Early systems and gameplay testing maybe.

jungl

Augur
Rpg developers think gamers are all zika babies. The skills and abilities will consist of 3 skill trees. They will also be named to keep up with trends and politics of the current year. Skill trees will all be named the same despite player gender or history. Combat tree will be named "Hustle hard girl!" exploration tree will be named "You go girl!" Dialogue social tree will be named "Uhm Sweetey hello? ohnonono".

The Real Fanboy
As much as the whole ☔goth music☔ in Bloodlines 1 is soo 90s (which, I love the 90s fashion and everything of that era, heart emoji), I really hope they use more current music for Bl♾️dlines 2!

It would be so awesome if they hired Danny Brown or Jpegmafia for the soundtrack because their music is so raw and so emotional and so fits that impossibly cool 2020 undead lifestyle⚰️!!!

This Jpegmafia song is like my go to hype song that I listen to before I have a game, it legit puts me in that Damsel girl power vampire mood ✨☾:

(Of course I'd love to recommend Romil from Brockhampton too but his music production is just too nice and sunny sounding ❤️)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom