Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Wunderbar

Arcane
Ninjerk only main menu theme afaik.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Wasn't the Bloodlines ST even more lifted than Fallout's?
Nothing can beat Fallout on that. Bloodlines just had a bunch of licensed music and main menu sounding like a Massive Attack rip-off but that's because Troika was unable to license the original track.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I could swear when I played it that there was a somewhat obscure YT video with side-by-side comparisons of the Bloodlines tracks in particular but I can't easily find it now.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Yeah, the announcement trailer was a prerendered cinematic. It's like saying Witcher 3's downgrade was because it didn't look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

Anyway, I'm waiting for the gameplay.
Witcher 3 downgrade still looked good, it wasnt as good but it was a good looking game, this is looking worse than Vampyr or Greedfall, the face of the Lex Luthor/Arthur Fleck insert is really shit, go on youtube and search for "Blender face modelling" and you will see stuff better than that.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the announcement trailer was a prerendered cinematic. It's like saying Witcher 3's downgrade was because it didn't look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

Anyway, I'm waiting for the gameplay.
Witcher 3 downgrade still looked good, it wasnt as good but it was a good looking game, this is looking worse than Vampyr or Greedfall, the face of the Lex Luthor/Arthur Fleck insert is really shit, go on youtube and search for "Blender face modelling" and you will see stuff better than that.

Well ironically this was the trailer they put together for the announcement that the game was going to be on NEXT-GEN consoles: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/07/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-coming-to-xbox-series-x/

The trailer just feels kind of rushed to me. The concept wasn't bad.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Bye_Bye_Now.png

Sailor Woedica 's new portrait announced.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's some of the worst hair I've ever seen in a game. It looks like it's made of wax but oily at the same time. Maybe varnished wood that has been stapled to the head.

Semiurge

Cipher
They want a power fantasy for women and minorities while most of us here want something prestigious and monocled.

Did anyone even think this wasn't made with the target group in mind - PnP players, mostly girls who follow the V5 rulebook:

9DtgHgp.jpg
N9rerxj.png

Lest we forget. Even Damp is tailored with them in mind.

The lighting is pure ass in TW2. Your precious Triss model looks like shiny metal doll instead of real human.

There was dithering in the shadows, but that was a small bother when the game looked like this almost nine years ago:

the_witcher_1920_01.jpg

1471140309-3940984179.jpg

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Witcher 2 was years ahead of its time, graphically. Great blend of high quality art and engine designed around high end PCs. Not constrained by lowest common denominator.

But Bloodlines 2 will look good too. Even if some of its aspects might not be completely 100% amazing.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Witcher 2 was great.. Bloodlines 2 on the other hand looks like a game that was amateurishly hastily cobbled together for an indie gaming jam. Their music taste also sucks donkey ass.

Zer0wing

Cipher
There was dithering in the shadows, but that was a small bother when the game looked like this almost nine years ago:
It doesn't really look any better even with the best artists and lowest labor payment in the industry available for CD Projekt Red at that time, everything lacks in triangles despite rich geometry detail being the biggest shtick this game had, anisotropic filtering is nonexistent on your screenshots and overglow on the 2nd screenshot - holy shit, this OVERGLOW. Sorry but out of the box, UE4 still provides better, more precise lighting and character models aren't really any worse than 2011s game, sorry.

Semiurge

Cipher
It doesn't really look any better even with the best artists and lowest labor payment in the industry available for CD Projekt Red at that time, everything lacks in triangles despite rich geometry detail being the biggest shtick this game had, anisotropic filtering is nonexistent on your screenshots and overglow on the 2nd screenshot - holy shit, this OVERGLOW. Sorry but out of the box, UE4 still provides better, more precise lighting and character models aren't really any worse than 2011s game, sorry.

Unreal Engine 4 was still in development when Witcher 2 came out. Also, Epic already had "a bit" more experience with game engines by then.

Semiurge

Cipher
SA forum is discussing in their Bloodlines 2 thread how consent fits into the concept of embrace and "The Kiss", how players of Bloodlines 1 are surely freaked by keeping Heather as a pet and feeding off her, and one poster even un-ironically introduces him/herself as a Marxist, I kid you not. That place has become a completely different entity from what it was during the early years.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's some of the worst hair I've ever seen in a game. It looks like it's made of wax but oily at the same time. Maybe varnished wood that has been stapled to the head.

Still better than the butch cuts of The Outer Worlds.

I think this is why devs like those haircuts. I can imagine every character with luxuriously long hair (like Elif) requiring special effort to get working properly.

More Bloodlines 2 hair:

60d7511458e485ab55689eb135d21e61feddd76c.gifv
36044ce76f3148c62191127ed0a6a6510066a755.gifv

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think this is why devs like those haircuts.
Yes, I suspect as much. I'm playing through Human Revolution right now and nobody has long hair. If it's long, it's in a bun. You can see how unnatural long hair looks in BL2.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck the old Vampire had better animations than this shit. Tho it is not really fair since the old one is one of the grand daddies of face animation quality standard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom