Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

I want this game's development to go on forever, shambling forward with an ever-growing trail of shattered developers in its wake.

mondblut

Arcane
0LoJgDK.jpg

TnosyLI.jpg
So you prefer your vampires to be more monstruous/demonic rather than seductive creatures of the night?

The bitch on top is seductive alright. Wouldn't trust her with a blowjob, but the meat looks fine.

Can't think of any game that depicts them so.

D&D went for the Nosferatu look before getting their own sexy Dracula in Ravenloft, see goldbox series.

If you mean PCs, sure, who'd want to play as a Gollum-like ugly baldie?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Indeed. I am more surprised it's not an instant Masquerade breach,as they only scream in terror instead.
Also Andrei the Sabbat leader in LA tells you something like "Do not be ashamed of your appearance,as the beast in vampires takes many forms,yet all are beautiful in their own way". What a nice guy!
image5.jpg

mondblut

Arcane
Also Andrei the Sabbat leader in LA tells you something like "Do not be ashamed of your appearance,as the beast in vampires takes many forms,yet all are beautiful in their own way". What a nice guy!

So woke. Healthy at every size!

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Honestly,Vampire's Kiss is one of Nicolas Cage's best movies,if only for his absolutely insane overacting and that nightmarish stare he pulls off.

The President

Educated
Highly doubt it.
The constant delays and lack of any serious gameplay has done it for me.
They are making the game from scratch, so we shouldn't expect to see any gameplay anytime soon.

That being said, I doubt we can trust whatever a placeholder release date says anyway. It's an estimate at best or the literal "put in whatever value" at worst.
Like I said originally, I did hear the opposite of this, but if you are right this game could very well come out a decade after the hardsuit development started. That's not exactly encouraging news if true.

I also saw more of the V5 writing outside of what's posted in the thread, the bar is really low for writers and "creatives" these days I guess. Also not encouraging news to what we might be getting.

Harthwain

Magister
Like I said originally, I did hear the opposite of this, but if you are right this game could very well come out a decade after the hardsuit development started. That's not exactly encouraging news if true.
The problem ain't that the game will come out later. The problem is that the second attempt will have less money, while still aiming at AAA bracket (or so I suspect). This could be both good and bad, but I am leaning more on the bad side as we're talking about the gaming mainstream. Especially considering that people making v2 aren't exactly known for making (good) games - as far as I know Paradox is keeping it a secret from the public. It's not really a reassuring stance to take.

I also saw more of the V5 writing outside of what's posted in the thread, the bar is really low for writers and "creatives" these days I guess. Also not encouraging news to what we might be getting.
Can't be worse than Hardsuit Labs. But, yeah, that's one of the reasons why I am not pumped about Bloodlines 2 (either back then, nor now). I am in "wait and see" mode.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Along with the latest Paradox financial report, Wester reveals that they'll be able to announce Bloodlines 2's release date "reasonably soon" and 2023 is "not impossible."

https://www.privataaffarer.se/parad...-spelslapp-per-ar-kommande-aren-vd-1667297349

"If you look at the pipeline, we've been a little cautious about announcing things because we got burned a little bit on Bloodlines 2 (a game that's heavily delayed, eds note). We've said we're not going to release anything until we're pretty sure of an absolute launch date or at least a launch month," says Fredrik Wester.

Bloodlines 2 was first announced in 2019 and after several delays, the developer was replaced last year. On that occasion, Fredrik Wester stated that he had very good hopes that it will be a good game that meets the players' expectations.

How does it feel now a year later?

"It feels very good about Bloodlines 2 and we will probably be able to set a launch date for this game reasonably soon. We feel that the game has been in very good hands and we are incredibly satisfied with what we have seen," says Fredrik Wester and adds that it's "absolutely not impossible" that Bloodlines 2 could launch sometime in 2023.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom