Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It's gonna be shite regardless of when it comes out. Have you people learned nothing from CP 77?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bloodlines never needed a sequel.
It is a timeless classic because it is so replayable. Atmosphere,soundtrack,fantastic voice acting(the facial animations are good even to this day),story,all these elements had been combined to make an awesome game. It was Troika's triumphant swan song...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It is a timeless classic because it is so replayable. Atmosphere,soundtrack,fantastic voice acting(the facial animations are good even to this day),story,all these elements had been combined to make an awesome game. It was Troika's triumphant swan song...
We could use more Vampire: The Masquerade RPGs (more than just visual novels and walk-and-talkers) and Paradox has decided that something that plays like Bloodlines should be called Bloodlines 2.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Something that plays like shit,you mean.
Those trailers of theirs do not exactly fill me with confidence...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That game was cancelled. As for the new one, who knows? Wester seems confident, but of course he would be.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Haha,yeah,peak gameplay!
They should've kept it simple - plenty of vents to crawl through,a la Deus Ex and original VTMB.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Haha,yeah,peak gameplay!
They should've kept it simple - plenty of vents to crawl through,a la Deus Ex and original VTMB.
Its not just about that spicy action crawl-through-vents gameplay. Crawling through vents allows you to listen in on conversations NPCs are having, which improves narrative. Allows you to spot patrols, and time them, which improves stealth. Allows you to experience the layout and size of the level, as if its a real space, which improves immersion. Teleportation is shit. And if you have emergent gameplay through interacting systems, even as basic as Skyrim, you can be in the taxi and see a bear fighting a lion or whatever, and jump out to intervene. Say no to teleportation! Say yes to vent crawling!

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Its timeless trash can.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
That game was cancelled. As for the new one, who knows? Wester seems confident, but of course he would be.

I have zero confidence in this project as long as we don't get to hear a soudtrack by Chiasm or another goth-rock/industrial band in the trailers.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Bringing back Rik Schaffer is a must.
The book is written on how an urban vampire fantasy game should sound, most mercs should be able to approximate this. He was great to get it right the first time, though. Evergreen tracks. One of a few soundtracks I listen to on its own, just as music, without the game.
Though if they are doing a modern thing, with smart phones and so on, I'm guessing we can have some podcaster radio host thing, with the narrator putting on songs. And if Paradox is paying, they can be licensed songs, like in GTA. Of course, context sensitive, you still want ambient music for levels where it wouldn't make sense to have the radio playing.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Not so much as a peep about the game, no screenshots or footage or even vague marketing descriptions, and yet...

Along with the latest Paradox financial report, Wester reveals that they'll be able to announce Bloodlines 2's release date "reasonably soon" and 2023 is "not impossible."

fetchimage

I want whatever designer drugs they're taking.

Maybe they meant they'll announce the release date in 2023, which is way more likely than anything else.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Maybe they meant they'll announce the release date in 2023, which is way more likely than anything else.
They've been working on it since February 2021. Late 2023 is likely the target release date (as also shown by the API placeholder release date), and it's also likely to slip into the first quarter of 2024 (developers and publishers being incredibly optimistic about how much they can accomplish in a given period of time).

As he said, they're not going to show or announce anything until they've locked in the month. Even a year would be too far away for an estimate (when they announced in 2019 they thought it'd be out a year later, that turned out to be ludicrously wrong)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not so much as a peep about the game, no screenshots or footage or even vague marketing descriptions, and yet...

Along with the latest Paradox financial report, Wester reveals that they'll be able to announce Bloodlines 2's release date "reasonably soon" and 2023 is "not impossible."

fetchimage

They've probably decided to fund that Moonfall game making dude.

Gargaune

Arcane
Waiting until 2024 for this? Fuck that.
What do you mean "fuck waiting until 2024"? The year 2024 is happening regardless. The game is getting made regardless if you "wait for it". And once it gets made, might as well try it.
Not like you are waiting in a line outside, in the rain.
Ah, but consider the cost/benefit analysis! The game will be a dumpsterfire lolcow regardless of whether it releases in 2023 or 2077, the coming roast is all you can look forward to. So why wait? Why throw more money at it? Bring it on, release it next Friday! :-D

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Waiting until 2024 for this? Fuck that.
What do you mean "fuck waiting until 2024"? The year 2024 is happening regardless. The game is getting made regardless if you "wait for it". And once it gets made, might as well try it.
Not like you are waiting in a line outside, in the rain.
Ah, but consider the cost/benefit analysis! The game will be a dumpsterfire lolcow regardless of whether it releases in 2023 or 2077, the coming roast is all you can look forward to. So why wait? Why throw more money at it? Bring it on, release it next Friday! :-D
I don't know about you, but I like playing video games more than I like shitposting about american identity politics.
Therefore in my dreams Bloodlines 2 is a good, fun game. This is what I wish and hope for. So many popamoles here just wishing and hoping its as shit as possible, so they can post Rudi again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom