Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zeriel

Arcane
Who would win five generation 3s or one generation 2, no prep time, and describe the conflict

No need to ask the question, this already happened in the lore.

lightbane

Arcane
That sounded too fucking stupid that I had to look it up for myself to make sure it was real. Turns out it is. Good lord. What are you doing Frank?
Welcome to 2018, where Trump revealed leftards as being fucking insane and do constant attacks against the former all day, all the time, in all settings, no matter what Trumpf did or did not: From DnD to a random vampire game set in the 1900s IIRC (Vampyr), to nu-Wolfenstein 2. It was an eye-opener of how corrupt and deranged the media is.

I can't believe I'm saying this but can we get early 2000s, ultra-conservative, alcoholic, schizophrenic Frank Miller back? Cause at least he was funny. This is just cringe-worthy
Too bad. All of American writers (and most Europeans) seem to be like this lately. Those that try going independent are attacked and censored and not allowed to promote their product with the excuse of being "conservative nazis" and the like. Even if the protagonist is black.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2023...ts-ceo-cries-victim-to-left-wing-journalists/

he banning came off the heels of a hit piece by the Daily Kos, alleging the book is racist, despite the main hero being a person of color. Because of the article, an online mob falsely reported the Private American campaign. The companies caved, alleging Baron violated their terms of service.

Private American’s publisher, Chris Braly, made attempts to speak with representatives of the Crowdfundr platform to plead with them to allow art to be made without censorship. His results were not fruitful, but he obtained a Zoom call with the company’s CEO, David Barach...
All while doubling down on insane stuff such as race-swapping characters, making The Joker, a guy, pregnant (also in that webpage, DO NOT GOOGLE IT, quite NSFW, and impossible to know if it's meant to be taken seriously or not) and so on. The Clownworld makes WoD look tame.
Funny that Bloodlines had some edgy takes such as that ad joking about castrating males that would be taken seriously nowadays.

Last edited:

Elttharion

Learned
to a random vampire game set in the 1900s IIRC (Vampyr)
Really? That's the first time I am hearing of this and I think such news would make more waves.
He is probably talking about Aloysius Dawson, a rich guy who wants to build a wall to keep the poor people out of the rich parts of the city during the plague or something like that. You can turn him into a vamp, kill him or convince him to accept death and donate his money.

lightbane

Arcane
e is probably talking about Aloysius Dawson, a rich guy who wants to build a wall to keep the poor people out of the rich parts of the city during the plague or something like that. You can turn him into a vamp, kill him or convince him to accept death and donate his money.
This. I didn't play the game, but I know that around 2018 or so, many, many, many, works had unsubtle references to building walls or destroying them (see Life is Strange 2), people in power doing the former, or outright having not-Trump around to insult him (or actual Trump in the flesh, as seen in the comic pics at the start of this page). It was a non-stop storm against Trump, whether he deserved it or not, in the mass media, all the fucking time. Not even the Bush family had that much vitriol directed at them.
Wolfenstein 2's devs also explicitly talked about the anti-Trump rhetoric openly IIRC.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Wolfenstein 2's devs also explicitly talked about the anti-Trump rhetoric openly IIRC.
That game is a fucking abomination. Unworthy of the Wolfenstein name.
Nu-Wolfenstein went straight to hell after Old Blood (game which was inspired by the awesome Return to Castle Wolfenstein, that's what made it good).

Anyway, back to Bloodlines 2...

J1M

Arcane
I just wanna hear about high power Vampire conflicts, can someone give a play by play?
Prepare yourself for disappointment. It's all "Daenerys kind of forgot" tier writing. They had an end state they wanted (Wiccan blood witches!) and we're very lazy filling in the blanks to get there.

The whole Carna thing isn't a terrible idea to capture the real life beginner spirit cooking you see on tiktok or whatever, but they could have been a mage or a werewolf group instead.

ind33d

Learned
Like Deus Ex, VTM is a blacklisted IP. The "lore" is literally just a list of things that really happened. VTMB itself is a masquerade violation. You can get a better education reading the White Wolf wiki than going to college. I don't care what excuse they give for Bloodlines 2 being in development hell, someone sabotaged the project

Semiurge

Cipher
Here comes the ultra-realistic graphics train!

TED8Z9m.jpg

yQw0omi.jpg

IDyywwI.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom