Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Delterius

Arcane
one of the vampire daddies took tactical nukes and magical space lasers to the face
And if i remember correctly he was beaten only because he was frenzying, with Chimerstry 10 you can rewrite reality like some goth Naruto genjutsu.
if only the beast was a powergamer :cry:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
one of the vampire daddies took tactical nukes and space lasers to the face

Considering the fact that his level of mastery over his Clan's signature Discipline allows him to quite literally reshape reality itself on a whim and his reaction times are akin to a modern high-end CPU, the stupid part is that he actually died from said nukes and lasers when the more """realistic""" outcome would've been he just turns them all to flowers or soap bubbles or something.

But I get your point. Gehenna was supposed to be the one last, final, severely, extremely retarded HUZZAH to years and years of absurd metaplot bloat, and that's where the setting should've stayed. Not revived only to get cannibalized by bunch of absolute goddamn morons who wouldn't know good writing if it took a shit in their Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

and vampires aren't even supposed to be at the top of the food chain

Eh, each of the Settings is written from the POV of the species it's about. In Werewolf, wolves are king, in Mage, Mages shape reality, in Demon blah blah blah. They were never meant to be compared directly side-by-side, I think.

Delterius

Arcane
his level of mastery over his Clan's signature Discipline allows him to quite literally reshape reality itself on a whim and his reaction times are akin to a modern high-end CPU
is this not bad writing to you

just make it an unkillable god if you want one. that way you can't quibble about who should have won when the gods fight.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Considering the fact that his level of mastery over his Clan's signature Discipline allows him to quite literally reshape reality itself on a whim and his reaction times are akin to a modern high-end CPU, the stupid part is that he actually died from said nukes and lasers when the more """realistic""" outcome would've been he just turns them all to flowers or soap bubbles or something.

But I get your point. Gehenna was supposed to be the one last, final, severely, extremely retarded HUZZAH to years and years of absurd metaplot bloat, and that's where the setting should've stayed. Not revived only to get cannibalized by bunch of absolute goddamn morons who wouldn't know good writing if it took a shit in their Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

Eh, each of the Settings is written from the POV of the species it's about. In Werewolf, wolves are king, in Mage, Mages shape reality, in Demon blah blah blah. They were never meant to be compared directly side-by-side, I think.
The baddest motherfucker on the block is Caine.
Antediluvians are scared shitless of him.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean, at this point it seems to just be "a story game about this one cool vampire". Bloodlines is just a name they have lying around in their IP, they might as well stick it on something to milk the fan $, not gonna use it for anything resembling the original anyway.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Consider the current year context. The blood witches are the only guaranteed pick. They didn't exist until last year and you are playing an elder? Why would that be an issue if you identify as one?
What blood witches?
Carna. Probably best if you don't look it up.
Still Tremere. Why wouldn't they allow elders to join?
The Beckoning is a phenomenon suspected to be caused by either the methuselahs or the antediluvians of the clans, dragging everyone more powerful than the lowest Ancilla to the Levant. Only intense trauma like breaking a blood bond or diablerie can (temporarily) stave off the Beckoning, so most vampires of noteworthy power are no longer around while the kids are getting their teeth kicked in by the kine.
I am well aware of the vast majority of V5 lore. This tidbit does not in any way explain why House Carna would be adverse to allowing an Elder of their own Blood to join.

Wesp5

Arcane
I thought Jonathan Reid in Vampyr was fine, but that’s a totally different series and expectations from Bloodlines.
Sorry, but I hated the way they forced you to become Reid with his modern points of view in the completely wrong time and I really hope they don't repeat that with Bloodlines 2!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
it's an open admission from White Wolf they wrote themselves into a corner
did we even need an admission from them?

one of the vampire daddies took tactical nukes and magical space lasers to the face

*magical nukes and tactical space lasers

Though the nukes, if I recall, only managed to kill off the 3 uber eastern vampires the vampire daddy was fighting, thus dispersing the storm they were generating, thus allowing the space laser to sear him with pure, concentrated sunlight.

Last edited:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Enlightened Science(tm) trumps such vulgar Reality Deviancy. Or at least evens the playing field.

The President

Educated
I thought Jonathan Reid in Vampyr was fine, but that’s a totally different series and expectations from Bloodlines.
Sorry, but I hated the way they forced you to become Reid with his modern points of view in the completely wrong time and I really hope they don't repeat that with Bloodlines 2!
Now it’ll be the opposite, you’ll have to play a woman who looks like a typical lesbian in the East Village from a time period before modern feminism.

The magical nuke thing is so funny. Yes “magical” because the standard that nuke that can disintegrate everything in it’s hypocenter isn’t strong enough.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Enlightened Science(tm) trumps such vulgar Reality Deviancy. Or at least evens the playing field.

Technically it shouldn't, because science (or rather, practical use of science) is about manipulating existing laws of the Universe to serve your practical needs, whereas the...... other stuff is all about making those rules null and void.

"Oh, you're gonna split the atom to burn me to a crisp? Universe says E=MC^2? Well I say E=MCFuckYourself, atomic bonds breaking actually just produces funny fart noises and nothing else"

I mean, the very concept of it is beyond retarded. It's like arguing with your little brother who constantly makes up new powers of his Pokemon on the go and his Pokemon has all the powers he wants all the time, so it should never have been included in the first place.

BUT.... considering that it HAD been included..... show a little follow-through on your own retarded bullshit, eh White Wolf?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Technically it shouldn't, because science (or rather, practical use of science) is about manipulating existing laws of the Universe to serve your practical needs, whereas the...... other stuff is all about making those rules null and void.
Enlightened Science(tm) =! science. I expected you of all people to know that full well.

BUT.... considering that it HAD been included..... show a little follow-through on your own retarded bullshit, eh White Wolf?
Full agreement here.

Trithne

Erudite
The only (formerly) White Wolf setting where their high end bullshit made sense was Exalted, because it didn't need to try and dovetail it with real world logic.

In Exalted, the laws of nature are, in fact, defined and maintained by a God and local minor deities, and you can change them by convincing said deities to not do their job correctly.

J1M

Arcane
Don't trust the fanboy making a sequel to something, trust someone who can articulate the shortcomings of the original and how they will go about addressing them.
No. Fans know what they want better than people who are willing to work for nothing in order to amplify their political speech by injecting it into entertainment.

Unless a dev can point to being a fan prior to employment in the game industry, you can dismiss any related claims.

J1M

Arcane

I say this every few months, but yes, Vampire works best as a 90s period piece.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I remember when dev teams hired people based on competency.

The best people to make a sequel is the same exact team as the first one. But since that's more or less unlikely, I'll settle for people who are skilled, motivated and have at least some passion about what they do.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hated the way they forced you to become Reid with his modern points of view in the completely wrong time and I really hope they don't repeat that with Bloodlines 2!
I also hated the way they forced you to become Reid with his modern points of view hipster beard and haircut

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

The best people to make a sequel is the same exact team as the first one. But since that's more or less unlikely, I'll settle for people who are skilled, motivated and have at least some passion about what they do.

If the same people who made the original made the sequel it would've been an even bigger dumpsterfire.

The years have not been kind to them, to say the very least.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

If the same people who made the original made the sequel it would've been an even bigger dumpsterfire.

The years have not been kind to them, to say the very least.

I mean, it's been 20 years. There's no way that would work in any circumstance.

The best time to make a sequel is within ~5 years of the original. Otherwise public interest has waned and half your team retired/changed careers.

Bloodlines 2 requires a monumental effort to be successful, and the proper resources and talent to do so.

The only way I see this happening is if THC manages to nail a great story, with memorable characters and impactful decisions. Maybe they'll surprise us with gameplay, but I'm more skeptical on that end.

Vyvian

Educated
Voiced protagonist: ✔
Premade character with their own (cringe) name: ✔
Ancient Vampire but with modern day sensibilities: ✔

Yep we got a pile of shit on our hands over here.

jungl

Augur
over 90% of the dialogue choices in the original game had like 3 dialogue choices. The fukin game needed to be patched too at release cause it didn't work and gamers got a really janky unbalanced shit combat system game where guns sucked. I remember wanting to go back to playing deus ex with all the glaring flaws like how they fucked up making guns so trash compared to unarmed/melee. Troikia probably originally planned to port bloodlines to consoles but they went bankrupt with their terrible launch. Now fans are mad a console quality bioware clone game getting a console quality bioware clone sequel lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom