Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodhunt - VTM battle royale

CyberModuled

Arbiter
How does one publisher (Paradox) botch up an IP like World of Darkness this badly within five years? Not even a major fan given my limited experience outside of Bloodlines 1 and skimming through V20 from time to time but when all you have to show is a new rulebook/lore that most people don't like, a bunch of mediocrity tier VN/Telltale esque experience software, Werewolf shovelware, an indefinitely delayed dumpster fire, and now to Nosgoth 2.0, it honestly makes me happy I'm not a long time fan, I'd be fucking furious at what they've done and it mostly has only been with Vampire.

Also the fucking irony of a series with "MASQUERADE" in the title and about a secret society being discrete as possible deciding to just fucking murder each other on the streets casually now. Not that a multiplayer centric title would be good either way, but at the very least, if it is PVP focused, make some fucking stealth like. Even something as trashy as Ass Creed got a bit of a neat concept with it during the Ezio period.

PrettyDeadman

Yeah. It's a shitty thing to do to shut down the servers and not even release a public version for people to host. Absolute dick move.
Well, its still pretty easy to play.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
How does one publisher (Paradox) botch up an IP like World of Darkness this badly within five years? Not even a major fan given my limited experience outside of Bloodlines 1 and skimming through V20 from time to time but when all you have to show is a new rulebook/lore that most people don't like, a bunch of mediocrity tier VN/Telltale esque experience software, Werewolf shovelware, an indefinitely delayed dumpster fire, and now to Nosgoth 2.0, it honestly makes me happy I'm not a long time fan, I'd be fucking furious at what they've done and it mostly has only been with Vampire.

I wonder if more notable developers simply aren't interested.

Smocaine

Novice
gcHEFEP.png

Ash

Arcane
:what:

May have expected something creatively bankrupt like this after release, but before Bloodlines 2 is even out?

Ash

Arcane
Awesome cheat hack for players of this game: delete system32 folder

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I'm trying to find a person who'll upload this shit to youtube instead of me.
upload it to bitchute yourself, faggot
BitChute has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy or any other law.
sorry, you're not a faggot

Alphons

Cipher
Alright, any info on VtMB GO and/or VtMB Hearthstone/Gwent card game?

Reever

Scholar
Patron
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-masquerade-battle-royale-releasing-next-year
Sharkmob has revealed a new type of Vampire: The Masquerade game - and it's going to be a battle royale.

In a new update on the developer's website outlining its upcoming projects, the studio teased two additional "highly ambitious, AAA quality projects" as well as the new battle royale, which it says will be "a thrilling take on a cult classic IP".

"Experience the next thrilling evolution of Battle Royale multiplayer action games set in the cult classic Vampire: The Masquerade universe where vampire sects are at war across the streets and rooftops of Prague," a game description says (thanks, PCGN). "Choose your playstyle, go solo or together, battling rivals and the hostile Entity who's hellbent on exterminating all vampires. Use your supernatural powers, weapons and blood to become stronger in order to hunt, fight and survive the night."

We also got a cinematic teaser, too - have a peek yourself:

The game is scheduled for release in the latter half of 2021 which is, of course, when the recently delayed Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is also expected to release. As yet, it's unknown what platforms the new game will be heading to, though.

As Wesley detailed at the time, Andy Kipling, boss of developer Hardsuit Labs, and Jakob Munthe, boss of role-playing games at publisher Paradox, said in a joint statement that Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 needs more time "to ensure the best player experience possible".

The statement also mentions "organisational changes", although it did not elaborate.

Delterius

Arcane

Semiurge

Cipher
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-masquerade-battle-royale-releasing-next-year
Sharkmob has revealed a new type of Vampire: The Masquerade game - and it's going to be a battle royale.
After all, nothing screams "Masquerade" more than vampires battling it out in the open royale-style.
Remember that time in bloodlines when there's vampires battle royaling in Santa Monica trying to kill you.

That's blood hunt.

Delterius

Arcane
After all, nothing screams "Masquerade" more than vampires battling it out in the open royale-style.
Remember that time in bloodlines when there's vampires battle royaling in Santa Monica trying to kill you.

That's blood hunt.
Yea, blood battle royale.

Poseidon00

Arcane
I am no expert in Vampire The Masquerade lore, but isn't the whole point of "The Masquerade" to not get caught by humans? How does a vampire battle arena fit into this?

Caim

Arcane

In a new update on the developer's website outlining its upcoming projects, the studio teased two additional "highly ambitious, AAA quality projects" as well as the new battle royale, which it says will be "a thrilling take on a cult classic IP".

"Experience the next thrilling evolution of Battle Royale multiplayer action games set in the cult classic Vampire: The Masquerade universe where vampire sects are at war across the streets and rooftops of Prague," a game description says (thanks, PCGN). "Choose your playstyle, go solo or together, battling rivals and the hostile Entity who's hellbent on exterminating all vampires. Use your supernatural powers, weapons and blood to become stronger in order to hunt, fight and survive the night."

We also got a cinematic teaser, too - have a peek yourself:

The game is scheduled for release in the latter half of 2021 which is, of course, when the recently delayed Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is also expected to release. As yet, it's unknown what platforms the new game will be heading to, though.

As Wesley detailed at the time, Andy Kipling, boss of developer Hardsuit Labs, and Jakob Munthe, boss of role-playing games at publisher Paradox, said in a joint statement that Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 needs more time "to ensure the best player experience possible".

The statement also mentions "organisational changes", although it did not elaborate.

Sharkmob was founded in 2017 by former Ubisoft employees. Ubisoft recently released Hyper Scape, which is not RuneScape 4 but instead is... a battle royale game set in a city with a focus on mobility.

And now this comes out. This was already teased back in 2019 on GameIndustry.biz:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-05-21-tencent-acquires-sharkmob

And yes, they are owned by Tencent. So keep that in mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom