Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
No surprise actually, it's Sweden after all.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Yeah, it's been a long time that Paradox has been infiltrated by the gay mafia and other degenerates. They must get really mad when we mod the game to fix the shit they put in.

Vatnik Wumao
lmao
9ge5k0c8s1l91.jpg

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I watched the gameplay reveal stream and was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't look too bad, and I did feel optimistic about the chances of being able to fix it up with mods. The three guys presenting it (even Wiz) were encouragingly normal. They also noted bugs and defects in AI behavior they saw during the stream to be addressed later, which was more engagement with their work than I ever expected from Paradox now (I haven't bought a Paradox product since HOI4 or CK2 Holy Fury, whichever came last). Reading the AMA Libertador posted sounds worse, but that was apparently with an earlier version of the game. One of the most discouraging things Mr. AMA said is that there is virtually no diplomatic penalty to having an anarchist or communist government, but modding in a negative opinion modifier should be easy if it isn't addressed by release.

I'll buy it (from GMG).

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
All I want to know is whether or not I'll have to mod all the black generals out of Italy, Britain or wherever again.

Vatnik Wumao
Btw, a question for our resident weaboos (+/- historically literate individuals like Delterius & FreeKaner): what does each of the flags below represent?
1642544820026.png

If I understood it correctly, the flag on the top right is the Shogunate flag (Tokugawa flag with the red sun superimposed upon it) and the one on the bottom right is the imperial flag (imperial seal on a red background); but what about the other two? Liberal and council republic respectively? And does anyone have a clue about what the characters on the bottom left flag mean?

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Btw, a question for our resident weaboos (+/- historically literate individuals like Delterius & FreeKaner): what does each of the flags below represent?
1642544820026.png

If I understood it correctly, the flag on the top right is the Shogunate flag (Tokugawa flag with the red sun superimposed upon it) and the one on the bottom right is the imperial flag (imperial seal on a red background); but what about the other two? Liberal and council republic respectively? And does anyone have a clue about what the characters on the bottom left flag mean?

They are all made up flags. I assume top left is regular Japanese republic, top right is probably some sort of liberal/republic government, the bottom left is probably something Showa or Fascist, bottom right is traditional monarchy.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Problem is what would a "Tokugawa government" would be in game terms? Unless Tokugawa shogunate just starts with it I don't think it would be separate.

Another problem is most states actually didn't have state flags in 1836. So they have to just make things up. Concept of a "state flag" or "national flag" basically develops in the 19th century itself.

Vatnik Wumao
Problem is what would a "Tokugawa government" would be in game terms? Unless Tokugawa shogunate just starts with it I don't think it would be separate.

The starting Japanese government, naturally.
It's been confirmed that [Insert Emperor] Restoration functions more or less akin to a tag switch through events (e.g. Samurai IG being replaced with normal military IG, color switching from green to red). You also have a decision to embrace Shinto, but dunno if it's limited to a post-restoration scenario or whether you can embrace it as the Shogunate.

that lower left flag is a bit of a mystery. image search led me to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_26_Incident
Yeah, so probably the fascist flag. Wonder what the writings on it mean tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom