Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Vatnik Wumao
Devs playing as Mexico,

(There are also a few other vids on YT, but I won't go full Infy and post all of them ITT.)

Tigranes

Arcane
We all know the Day 1 Codex review will be "I tried out the pirated version for 80 hours and they dared label one of the Brazilian hinterland microprovinces in a disputably anachronistic way THOSE SATANIC SWEDISH FUCKS WHO MUST VOTE FOR AMERICAN POLITICIANS THAT I DO NOT LIKE"

Delterius

Arcane
We all know the Day 1 Codex review will be "I tried out the pirated version for 80 hours and they dared label one of the Brazilian hinterland microprovinces in a disputably anachronistic way THOSE SATANIC SWEDISH FUCKS WHO MUST VOTE FOR AMERICAN POLITICIANS THAT I DO NOT LIKE"
I'll have you know they added coffee potentials to the wrong southern brazilian province and, yes, Stockholm shall not be forgiven.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I'll have you know they added coffee potentials to the wrong southern brazilian province and, yes, Stockholm shall not be forgiven.
They are fucking idiots and never opened a history book.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
And the only 'review' that I sort of looked forward to got released: https://acoup.blog/2022/10/24/miscellanea-victoria-iii-confirmed-first-impressions/

That was pretty good, thanks for linking it. I think(hope) I'll agree with his assessment of the war system, I do believe that there needs to be a way to stop the player from always pulling a Hannibal against helpless AI and I don't play 20-man MP games like that Spudgun to mourn the loss of directly moving stacks and gaming arrival dates.

It was also interesting to see a picture of 'Gran Colombia' for the first time in Vic3:

20221015222719_1.jpg

Frio de Janeiro

:lol:

Last edited:

kangaxx

Arbiter
I never played the older Vickys but I'm really interested in this. Serious question: were the previous ones good from the get-go, or do they need a bit of DLC to spice things up? I was pretty disappointed with CK3..

Vatnik Wumao
I never played the older Vickys but I'm really interested in this. Serious question: were the previous ones good from the get-go, or do they need a bit of DLC to spice things up? I was pretty disappointed with CK3..
Vicky2 has only two expansions. Besides that, you should download one of the big mods (e.g. HPM) which add extra flavor, rework some historically inappropriate vanilla stuff and fix various bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom