Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anyone buying this shit today? I won't after seeing the negative rants, but stupid hope leaves me yearning for input.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I never played the older Vickys but I'm really interested in this. Serious question: were the previous ones good from the get-go, or do they need a bit of DLC to spice things up? I was pretty disappointed with CK3..
Vicky2 has only two expansions. Besides that, you should download one of the big mods (e.g. HPM) which add extra flavor, rework some historically inappropriate vanilla stuff and fix various bugs.

I am planning to ehm, trial, Victoria 2 first before to see if I am interested in it. I was kinda bored fast with CK2 so not sure if I will like this or not.

Any big mod that's just Vanilla+ basically?

Vatnik Wumao
Anyone buying this shit today? I won't after seeing the negative rants, but stupid hope leaves me yearning for input.
Me, Delterius and FreeKaner already got it.

Well, speaking for myself, I already know that I'll waste a lot of time on this game regardless of its state on release, so might as well get it sooner rather than later.

Yep, HPM.

I have purchased it.

Me, Delterius and FreeKaner already got it.

Well, speaking for myself, I already know that I'll waste a lot of time on this game regardless of its state on release, so might as well get it sooner rather than later.

Yep, HPM.

In that vein EEM is worth checking out; it's basically HPM plus one extra layer of techs for the late game and an end date extension, a bit of sanity / RNG reduction for making the Danubian Federation, and some China fixes, but otherwise plays largely the same as HPM; most of the game especially early on is largely indistinguishable from it. I think the economy is patched up to work a bit better than HPM as well.

I'd still generally stop playing at a similar time to HPM/vanilla because the campaign tends to feel "done" by then, but it does let you keep playing a bit further if you want without everything breaking down.

Delterius

Arcane
Stop being part of the problem.
200.gif

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

kangaxx

Arbiter
Steam reviews are 'mostly positive', with the negatives all complaining about warfare automation and lack of depth. The positives are mostly memes. Sounds like it's best to wait for DLC and get this as cheaply as possible, if at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom