Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Rwanda has higher standard of living than US at 1862 in my game... No its not a colony, its a nigger state.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
They poured so much into graphical design and couldnt make a template for at least three races for each event?

You’re right, but it’s a victim of the same senseless cost inflation you see absolutely everywhere now. To get that done in 1995 would have cost nothing, now it’s seen as prohibitive. Hopefully a mod can fix that, it does take you out of immersion in your country a bit.

You can get few swedish art students to churn out 100 quality event pictures in a matter of year. If not swedes because swedish country is completely inneficient corrupt and expensive shithole where you need social security, pension contract and degree for that , just hire some eastern europeans for 1/5 of the price.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
They poured so much into graphical design and couldnt make a template for at least three races for each event?

You’re right, but it’s a victim of the same senseless cost inflation you see absolutely everywhere now. To get that done in 1995 would have cost nothing, now it’s seen as prohibitive. Hopefully a mod can fix that, it does take you out of immersion in your country a bit.
Swapping the race of characters in a drawing sounds like a great use case for these fancy image generating AIs.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The building looks somewhat like the St Paul's Cathedral.

260393_4316325075_8c37be828a_83.jpg.webp
Not sure what the flag on the right is supposed to represent, as it is not very detailed, but we have black people cheering too, so it could be taking place in England, after the proclamation of the Slavery Abolition Act (1833).

I could be totally wrong about the time, the place and the event though.
I noticed some purple badge on the guy. Here's the full picture, higher quality if that helps.
unnamed-7-scaled.jpg

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
No idea dude, I just watch the projected profits and even that is unreliable.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
You can get few swedish art students to churn out 100 quality event pictures in a matter of year. If not swedes because swedish country is completely inneficient corrupt and expensive shithole where you need social security, pension contract and degree for that , just hire some eastern europeans for 1/5 of the price.

Look, I’ll put it like this: I wear boots made in 1960. If you wanted to buy ones of the same quality made now (impossible, nobody makes such quality at any price), they’d cost more than 1k USD. Outsourcing to Eastern Europe doesn’t help, self-motivated modders help.

I was actually pleased to see that the border control/exclusion laws are as particular as they are. I didn’t think I’d be able to accept only European immigrants as a Boer republic, for example.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
You have to go to every province and manually upgrade method of production of each factory when you get tech upgrade. Are they nuts? Was this attempt to pad the game content and micro in a mobile alike game fashion?

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
You have to go to every province and manually upgrade method of production of each factory when you get tech upgrade. Are they nuts? Was this attempt to pad the game content and micro in a mobile alike game fashion?

I think you can change the production method for all buildings of that type in your country, using the ‘buildings’ tab on the left. You can also set them individually if you have reasons to be particular.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The game can be good, but it needs better UI and DLCs obviously. A shameless lack of flavor as of now.
Edit: If you are ardent capitalist the game is not for you -as the previous videos said, there's currently no pop economy automation. The capitalist class pop in the game might as well not exist in the current form, it's basically another middle class bourgeoise pop but richer.

Last edited:

None

Arbiter
Edit: If you are ardent capitalist the game is not for you -as the previous videos said, there's currently no pop economy automation. The capitalist class pop in the game might as well not exist in the current form, it's basically another middle class bourgeoise pop but richer.
This was the biggest red flag to me. A game set during the advent and rapid expansion of global free market enterprise and they do not even bother to model it. Most likely the current state exists because a deeper economic simulation would have required more AI work, and we all know how Paradox feels about that.

thesecret1

Arcane
I have to click 5 times to get to pop need, and still cant find data for pop needs for whole group.
That's because there is no such thing as a "group". Each individucal pop has a different wealth level, and what needs he has are determined by that. It is possible to have a middle class pop with the needs of the wealthy class if it's paid well enough (if you hover over a good, you can see what it's used for by pops, what wealth levels they need to be interested in it, and what it can be substituted by). The numbers you see listed as living standards for a strata, or for pops in a state, etc. are literally just averages of all the revelant pops.

Paradox should really add in some kind of a screen that'd list all the needs a pop has per wealth level, right now it's a mess where you have to tediously click through tooltips to gradually learn what your pops want. The easiest way to manage pop needs right now is to check the living standard of the strata you're interested in, find a pop that has roughly the same wealth level as the average listed, and check his needs. Fulfill those and you'll see the whole strata moving up in living standards.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Kinda wanna pirate this game. I could see myself playing like 5-15 hours and having fun but then after that being done. Sadly demo time on steam only 2 hours. Let me pay a dollar for a 15 hour license.

Actually I think the subscription system is good. $5 a month for everything would be a great deal just I'd only play that one month. Probably they won't let us do that until like 10 years in cause no one would pay the $200 for the full suite of DLCs if they added a sub system.
Isn't that.... Gamepass?
No, because it's a separate subscription for each game.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
That's a lot for strategy game. Let's see how playerbase fall in the coming weeks
bMtOGF.jpeg

Also the game seem to be a barebones platform for DLCs. Which is, once again, how things happened with CKIII. Yet CKII have a stable concurrent playerbase of about 10-15kбызшлуы during patches excluded. It's a lot for global starategy game.
So I expect V3 to fall to about the same numbers and that will be still huge, for starters. Then, we'll see how situation will develop with the game.
After release there will be a time where people will get familiar with new mechanics and gameplay, then, when metas will be formed, we'll see how devs will react to exploits and obvious loopholes in their gameplay.
I remember how I thought that HoIIV is a huge disappointment and a messy game, yet now it's the biggerst and most developed Paradox franchize with almost 30k cuncurrent daily players. And I do enjoy playing HoI4 sessions once I got familiar with new mechanics.
Of course..that means we'll have to wait about 4 years until DLC will flesh Vic3 to full potential. If there will be potential and not a Imperator-like debacle.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Nobody gives a shit about all the Reddit shitposting about Steam reviews or the loading screen or whatever. Does the factory / policy stuff work any better (or work at all) re. V2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom