Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Yep, button clicker after 20 in-game-years, played some more to never think about this ever again.

Last thing I saw before closing the game.
JEa2iW1.png

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Anyway you are looking at previous V game with rose colored glasses. V3 systems already look better in many areas - trade for one, actual trade routes, actual markets.

This is incredibly retarded. How is the trade better overall? Its a downgrade. Victoria was always a franchise about the wonderful era of western capitalism, the hope, the inventions, the dream of future and the exhilarating pace of social and standard of living change with different ideological groups seeing it directed in their own route. Governments were often an obstacle with their goals against capitalist class - which there's none in Victoria 3. The game doesn't capture the spirit of that era even in the slightest. It feels like civilization[from the 5 and onward] game series rip off. The metagaming aspects are even worse than in vic 2. Every game i just open borders and pass multiculturalism because there are no downsides. Parties don't matter. War was so abstracted that the strategic layer is "click here to defend, click here to attack". Technology, literacy and development is utterly retarded. Social stratas make no sense and don't pressure or influence anything. Rebellions are nonexistent -only a complete beginner who plays the game first time will succumb to rebellion. I've already installed AI mods to make the game harder for late game, but this doesn't fix the inherent badness and blandness of ingame systems.
To fix victoria 3 you would have to redo the game completely. The funniest thing is despite having 4 times more powerful CPUs since vic 2 launch, the game can't handle POP system in late game as stipulated by the dev themselves:

https://www.reddit.com/r/victoria3/comments/yf7c73/comment/iu3cam4/?context=1
https://www.reddit.com/r/victoria3/comments/yg2daw/no_wonder_it_lags_so_much_late_game/

Mortmal

Arcane
While I did tell you not to buy it on release it does look better than V1 and V2 on release did. Less broken too.

Did you know that V2 foreign investment factories don't produce goods? They just take up slots. Amazing game V2.
It's not much of an achievement, you could expect 10+ years later , when they are big and making millions of profits to have a finished polished product. And maybe, i know thats incredibly demanding , something better than their 10+ years old game.
When you just look at that last videos posted up in thread , you see there's no will of making anything good. It looks exactly like imperator release , barebone , a skeleton for DLCs.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Dont you love playing whackamole between setting trade deals[other countries can break their trade deals with you], setting tariffs constantly, and adjusting your production? Well if you do, welcome to central planner simulator called Commietoria 3. A perfect cure for ADHD riddled youth.

Delterius

Arcane
I have so many issues with this game but it seems that the majority of the complainers are the retarded people who still enjoy EU4. They'll say Victoria 3 is 'for the memes' and then ask for all the meme fueled mechanics from that abortion of a game. Jesus fucking christ. Because of course this game about the weight of demographics and geography needs national values and missions systems that break its own rules.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
And in the same way you have the obligatory diversity in every scene.

It is very common in the loading screen art, well correction. It is quite common in the European or American loading screens because curiously enough
the African or Arabian looking art has no random white men in it.
Very curious :hmmm:
Mods will fix it. I can make proper Victorian art myself with AI.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

It is very common in the loading screen art, well correction. It is quite common in the European or American loading screens because curiously enough
Yeah but it is interesting how in their sick heads they impose their ideology only on white countries. I wonder if they even realize that.

but why doing it then? what do they gain from it? "go woke, go broke", they're only pissing their own customer base off. not just paradox, all of them.

Mortmal

Arcane
but why doing it then? what do they gain from it? "go woke, go broke", they're only pissing their own customer base off. not just paradox, all of them.
It's like a religion and they are fanaticals, even if it hurt their business. Same as other entertainment industries like netflix. Plus people are still buying it anyway.

Tyrr

Liturgist

Somebody could import the art from Vic2 to Vic3. But why not just play Vic2 in the first place?

thesecret1

Arcane
It feels like rather than getting more and more greedy, Paradox is getting more and more retarded with each release. First they release Stellaris, quickly realize they designed themselves into a corner, and proceed to re-do the entire game. Then realize they did it again and re-design it once more. And again. Then they release Imperator, an attempt to resurrect EU: Rome (which is an old IP that failed to do well and died), and push it out in such a state that it's dead on arrival, after which they literally jump the ship and pretend their "new flagship title" never existed. Then they release CK3, which seems alright for a paradox game on release day... and proceed to barely do anything with it – few and shitty DLCs that mean that half the modding scene is still on CK2, since CK3 just failed to deliver. Then they release V3 in pretty much the same fashion as they did Imperator, after which it, predictably, also shits the bed.

Maybe someone should check on Johan. Maybe he suffered a stroke or some shit and is now clinically retarded, but his underlings are too politically correct to point it out.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Somebody could import the art from Vic2 to Vic3. But why not just play Vic2 in the first place?
Good point. We'll see if modded this game could be better than Vic2. I'm not particularly hopeful right now, but haven't written it out like I have CK3 for example.

Oberon

Learned
This game will never be good because heckin Westernization and Capitalists are heckin problerino.
I decided not to buy this after I saw the Marxist devs' discord screenshots.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Capitalists are heckin problerino.
Capitalists are so powerful in this game it's hilarious. Laissez Faire is ridiculously good.

Capitalism dont exist in this game, capitalist pops can't invest. There's no differences between economies, the player always build and proceed to build economy in the same fucking way. In victoria 2 playing communist country is different than capitalist. Where the fuck you get idea that capitalists are powerful in victoria 3? Maybe you mean the industrialist faction bonuses you get, or the laissez faire bonuses? How these simple modifiers in any way create an unique mechanic in vein of what we had in victoria 2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom