Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Delterius

Arcane
Where the fuck you get idea that capitalists are powerful in victoria 3?
The investment pool. Once your industries are publicly traded the investment pool alone is capable of auto-expanding the economy into the stratosphere. If Capitalists were heckin problerino they wouldn't be this good.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Where the fuck you get idea that capitalists are powerful in victoria 3?
The investment pool. Once your industries are publicly traded the investment pool alone is capable of auto-expanding the economy into the stratosphere. If Capitalists were heckin problerino they wouldn't be this good.
I know about investment pool, but it's just a lame extension of your budget, it doesn't change anything mechanically. It's like you had a wood workshop and instead of a customer telling you to do this with a new material, he just ordered twice of what he already ordered. That's not a new unique mechanic as i said. The capitalist pops have no agency, nada, nil, zilch. There's NO FUCKING CAPITALISM in this game, everything is a command economy by the player, every country economy plays the same. That's the problem, that's the laziness, that's the lack of soul. It's like a big building, all with gray endless walls, you run and always see the same gray walls.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The game started to crash constantly after 1890. What the fucking clownshow. Mobilize all armies - crash. Zoom in - crash. Was there anyone who playtested this shit, or they just knowingly released such a crap? How these people can sleep at night? Are they so devoid of any reponsibility for their reputation and product, that the only thing they find solace is wiping their tears with dollars?

Delterius

Arcane
everything is a command economy
meh tbh. i played victoria 2 for 1400 hours and i can play it again when i feel like it. the capitalists are powerful because they can auto expand your industries according to profitabilty. your argument is irrelevant to the initial point. if they were hecking ploberino they wouldn't be this good. would i have preferred an actual capitalist AI that can initiate investments, as in create new buildings where there are none? yes. but that's besides the point.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
If i wasn’t lazy i’d compile a hate list of every shill and ”influencer” who have been blindly cheerleading this game even though they had preview access to it so knew damn well what they were saying was bs.

Meanwhile people like Arch and Spudgun earned street cred for being consistent and unwavering in their caution and skeptcism, a lot of which ended up justified.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Bez tytułu.jpg

Scarcity

Novice
PDX never understood their own games either. They accidentally stumbled on RT when they ported the Board Game Europa Universalis to PC. The same thought processes happened inside Blizzard and Westwood. Unlike the latter two, because PDX is a bunch of neckbeard midwits they never fully understood what they were doing and their akward frankengame EU only accidentially had some things going for it.

This is why they can't progress and only reskin their games, unless they - again accidentially - hire someone actually competent.

Thing is, competent people don't stay long at gaming companies, and especially not at PDX. Why would you waste your precious lifetime to please a bunch of ungrateful midwits while having to maneuver in a badly paid environment rife with stupid people following dumb ideologies?

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Meanwhile people like Arch and Spudgun earned street cred for being consistent and unwavering in their caution and skeptcism, a lot of which ended up justified.

He’s such a whiner though, and all for the truly terrible whack-a-mole doomstack arrival date war system of Victoria 2. And all of the goofballs he plays with are likewise mentally deficient memers.

Scarcity

Novice

He’s such a whiner though, and all for the truly terrible whack-a-mole doomstack arrival date war system of Victoria 2. And all of the goofballs he plays with are likewise mentally deficient memers.
Worse, he is Scottish. And this Arch guy is a fucking commie that posts literal propaganda videos for the Ukrainian army to his gaming channel.

Every youtuber is clinically insane or becomes it after a while.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Not so surprising if what they want to do is a meme generator, remember incestuous nudists of CK3. Thats the kind of depth we deserves i guess.

There’s no way this happens unless as the player you’ve given women property and voting rights to set this up.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
You know why this game fails? Because of improper presentation of white m*les. Just look at the art: beer belly, "proud" chin, dirty shoes, demonstation of violence and domination of women. In other words - toxic masculinity.

VXo9x7v.jpg

Disgusting! Refund, reprobate, call your local representative!

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
663ffb6b-dc34-4305-8be8-4efb95563b3a.png

Glorious Nippon Steeeeel! Will conquer world!

Main thing I like about the game is the economy loop. You want to introduce new production technology or new product? Watch how it will affect the rest of the production! Oh, you overproduce one product, now it cost peanuts so people don't want to work in your factories and your economy plummets! It is satisfying to see your choices burn your country because you can't read simple stuff (and I like how they show it when for example you change production type - hope they will add it to Expand button too).

War is just too simple and a numbers game. It needs fixing. You can eat the cost before the war by upgrading all armies, sending them and winning (or making the enemy back off). But on the other side, there is some good there. I've invaded Mexico, got USA to join and got four territories for it. Then couple of years later USA wanted a piece of my ass, so I got England to join, they backed off and I've got more territory in War Goals in return (as well as reparations).

Diplomacy seems kinda meh. I think it needs more options to push people, make countries break their treaties with others etc.

With Japan I suggest going Colonization at the start, to get Hokkaido and Sachalin. Then incorporate the latter ASAP and when it does wait for Russia to be in a big war (like with Austria or Prussia) and get Return State on Sachalin to gain more ground. Also, while the closed market is great to handle your economy (more direct), it will be a problem later as you will need Opium, Rubber and more Oil (you get some oil from Whaling and one territory has oil but that's not enough), so either start colonization in the south early (and conquering states) or after your economy is doing fine work on opening your market. I've wanted to do some Japan invading China and Korea but as War is a RNG numbers game and seeing China having a THOUSAND battalions, I thought it will be impossible to win even if historically Japan was very aggresive and took territory in 1875. "Why not go after Korea then?" Because the fucking AI goes for Korea diplomatically early and after couple of years I see that they are under a protectorate or tributary or whatever the fuck so attacking one means attacking both.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Really no reason to play it now. It is mandatory to wait for at least a month for paradox to fix most obvious bug. I mean, there are threads about AI scripts not working due to typos.

Tyrr

Liturgist
There was a reason why in Vic2 migration was only possible to the new world.
Because otherwise you will get 2015 migration in 1850.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
Also it seems they have a Mexican for prez

Maybe he's brazilian? He looks suspiciously tan now when i take a closer look at him.
That's why I said Mexican. But sure, he could be Brazilian. Or even Japanese, as this game is retarded and cringy.

In my game, everyone is "tan" beside swedish ruler. Hmm....
Mods will fix it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom