Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Peachcurl

Cipher
lol, so that "ultimate" edition for consoles won't even have the Sororitas DLC

ADL

Prophet
Goddamn it must suck to own a console and have to routinely pay for what should be a simple patch every five or so years to adequately play a game on the new hardware. The 50% discount is nice if you don't have the DLC already but it's a huge fuck you to anyone that does. Thanks for funding the sequel consolebros.

Codex Year of the Donut
Interesting that it's financially profitable for them to not only maintain console versions, but port it to the newer consoles. Surprised a game like this would have a major market appeal on consoles.

Sykar

Arcane
Good? No, a fairly average to decent Diablo type Hack&Slash. It has nice atmosphere and some unique mechanics but that is about it. I do enjoy logging onto my Psyker the occasional weekend and fry me some Chaos scum which is fun enough, but I consider this game to be a guilty pleasure.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is this game good? Can someone describe it to me?
It's a diablo-like game but mostly a lot slower/story-based. I guess there's post-story stuff there for people who like it but I didn't really engage in it so I can't tell you much about it. I got a good ~50 hours out of it.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Is this game good? Can someone describe it to me?
It's a diablo-like game but mostly a lot slower/story-based. I guess there's post-story stuff there for people who like it but I didn't really engage in it so I can't tell you much about it. I got a good ~50 hours out of it.
To add on that: The post story stuff is somewhat nice to play around with and maxing out your character build, but it very quickly becomes pointless.

The game's not really designed for playing it ad infinitum (unlike, say, Path of Exile and similar). Which isn't a bad thing I would say.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Schlachtschwestern

Schlachtschuessel-nach-oberfraenkischer-Tradition07.jpg

Peachcurl

Cipher
Fairly certain GW has official translations for everything and I'm sure it's not that.
Maybe so, I can't find what it is tho.

My guess is, most translations that try to build a single composite noun will sound extremely awkward. Without putting more thought into it, I think I'd go for something like "Schwestern des Schlachtfelds". Or start to change the meaning a bit more, in which case "Kriegsschwestern" may be somewhat tolerable (still cringe, and Krieg is used even in English as a major name in the setting, so no luck).

I'd generally avoid any of the German material on W40k, and go with the English stuff. This is not the only awkward translation.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I've only found them called Adepts/Adepta Sororitas in German.
At any rate, these translators don't know the source material. Nothing new.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just bought the complete collection. Do I need to install prophecy? Or will it unlock that content for the main game?

It's a little confusing as it is a seperate steam library entry

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just bought the complete collection. Do I need to install prophecy? Or will it unlock that content for the main game?

It's a little confusing as it is a seperate steam library entry

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1042800/discussions/0/3117034127828545448/

1. What does Inquisitor - Prophecy contain?

Inquisitor - Prophecy contains the Tech-Adept, a summoner class with unique abilities, various unique skill-trees and new melee and ranged builds, new map settings and the Ordo factions. Its story is the continuation of Inquisitor - Martyr, although owning the base game is not necessary to play these chapters.

The first chapter of Inquisitor - Prophecy's campaign is only available to the Tech-Adept. It is an introductory chapter to the new class that shortly ties into the story of the Alpha Pariah. The following two chapters are playable with all four classes. But since the three base classes pick up roughly where they left off, you can only play through these remaining two chapters with a Crusader, Assassin or Psyker, if you have Inquisitor Martyr and finished Inquisitor - Martyr's campaign. Seasons will be available to the Tech-Adept as well, and will be part of both the base game and the stand-alone expansion, as additional story content.

2. What about the size of these two games?

The overall size is 75 GB. No matter which game you install first, if you installed one of them, the other game will occupy only a tiny space on your hard-drive.

3. Which client should I launch?

Before answering this question, it has to be mentioned that Inquisitor - Martyr is the base game and Inquisitor - Prophecy was designed to serve not just as an expansion of the base game but as a stand-alone game as well. If you own both games, with a few differences, it doesn't matter which client you launch in Steam as both games have the same content. There is a difference though which you can find out below.

4. What about the achievements? Do I unlock Prophecy's achievements if I play with Martyr?

As Inquisitor - Prophecy is a stand-alone game as well, it has its own achievements which cannot be unlocked in Inquisitor - Martyr and vice versa.

TL;DR: install both, use either launcher and only difference should be the achievements

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom