Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
your point of them immediatelly attacking human worlds is not a point because humans control only useful planets.
That is not true. Thousands of habitable planets are still empty for this or that reason.
you can't preach greater good gommunizm and build gulags on those.
How about those controlled by minor xenos races, of which there are also thousands? Maybe they could fuck off to those?
They already do that. Tau is comprised of multiple races all fighting together vs the evil Emp.. khm Imperium.

ArchAngel

Arcane
potential exceptions (such as the Tau)
:notsureifserious:

first thing fags did after learning into space - conquering human worlds.

hating and killing xenos on sight is the ONLY correct course of action.
Are there any other worlds to conquer?
oh noes! think about poor tau! you should share! for greater good and shit! or we kill you!
I am not saying Tau are good guys or anything (although common person does live better there) but your point of them immediatelly attacking human worlds is not a point because humans control only useful planets. They are surely not going to try to live on Ork, Chaos, Necron worlds. And Tyranids don't leave anything behind. And Eldar don't use planets to live on.
so humans should just gib their worlds to them? why exactly?
Because they suck at keeping them?

Reinhardt

Arcane

oh noes! think about poor tau! you should share! for greater good and shit! or we kill you!
I am not saying Tau are good guys or anything (although common person does live better there) but your point of them immediatelly attacking human worlds is not a point because humans control only useful planets. They are surely not going to try to live on Ork, Chaos, Necron worlds. And Tyranids don't leave anything behind. And Eldar don't use planets to live on.
cool. so what's the problem with killing xeno scum at sight? you just suck at staying alive, xenos.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think it's already established in 40k that "race" isn't that big of a deal anymore, considering the massive amount of different human cultures in the Imperium.
All of humanity is united.
United in its hatred of the xeno, the mutant, the heretic.
Grimdark, right?
Nah, only fanatics hate and those are maybe 1%. Others just try to survive. Even the Guardsman are more motivated by their fear of Commissars than hatred for the xeno.
Imperial propaganda is doing its work even without the Commissars to keep the Guardsmen in line.
Like I said, the hatred of the xeno, the mutant, the heretic. This is what unites humanity. Not some noble ideals of self-improvement and exploration, like in Star Trek.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sounds like they learned their lesson then. Can you build structures or fund merchants as in Pathfinder? That's a mechanic I did like.

It doesnt seem like it - or rather its not something general that you can do everywhere. Basicaly, you sometimes discover planets that you can colonise. Each planet is specific and has diferent development tree - there are some planets with options geared towards more trading, others are more oriented towards faith, security, manufacturing etc. It seems that each planet that you can colonise has handcrafted background and development tree that it is based on, so no procedural stuff either.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Not some noble ideals of self-improvement and exploration, like in Star Trek.
well, after all this warp chimpout started and space travelling stopped isolated human worlds quickly learned that alien races not share that hippie world view.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Not some noble ideals of self-improvement and exploration, like in Star Trek.
well, after all this warp chimpout started and space travelling stopped isolated human worlds quickly learned that alien races not share that hippie world view.
Indeed.
Star Trek is the complete opposite of Warhammer.
Though there are quite a few warlike and militaristic species, like the Klingons, Cardassians(not so much after the Dominion fucked them up) and Romulans.
Nowhere near as bad as Chaos, the Orks, or Necrons.

ArchAngel

Arcane

cool. so what's the problem with killing xeno scum at sight? you just suck at staying alive, xenos.
I meant Imperium sucks at keep worlds so they don't deserve to keep them. If Tau can conquer it, Tau deserve it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think it's already established in 40k that "race" isn't that big of a deal anymore, considering the massive amount of different human cultures in the Imperium.
All of humanity is united.
United in its hatred of the xeno, the mutant, the heretic.
Grimdark, right?
Nah, only fanatics hate and those are maybe 1%. Others just try to survive. Even the Guardsman are more motivated by their fear of Commissars than hatred for the xeno.
Imperial propaganda is doing its work even without the Commissars to keep the Guardsmen in line.
Like I said, the hatred of the xeno, the mutant, the heretic. This is what unites humanity. Not some noble ideals of self-improvement and exploration, like in Star Trek.
It is still not hatred, just fear. But from what I understand there are humans that joined Tau to find a better life and fight for them. And that same Imperial way of life is pushing countless humans towards Chaos as well.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I meant Imperium sucks at keep worlds so they don't deserve to keep them. If Tau can conquer it, Tau deserve it.
1641989132126275129.webp

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Orks agree with this sentiment, as Orks never lose a battle.
Therefore, they deserve all worlds, as they can conquer all planets.

Tyranids and Necrons concur, but only if they are the victors, for obvious reasons.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Tyranids and Necrons concur, but only if they are the victors, for obvious reasons.
I don't think Tyranids care if they win or lose, they will just try again and again.

Reinhardt

Arcane

20738_600.png

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

I don't think Tyranids care if they win or lose, they will just try again and again.
Well, probably because they know they will eventually win. Tyranids are a biblical level threat, like Orks, demons and crons.
The point is that Necrons, Orks and Tyranids all have a better track record when it comes to planetary conquest than the Tau.
Therefore, if the metric for "deserving" a world is conquest, then those three races have the right to claim the entire galaxy, because they will most likely win in any planetary engagement.

So the Tau should just surrender their worlds to the rightful masters of the galaxy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In general I dont find the managerial minigame to be intrusive in any way.
Third time is the charm? I don't think so. Youtuber Hi, Mars hates the space battles mini-game with passion. He also criticized how slow are many battles in a TB-mode.
Battles in space seem to be similar to those 2 WK40k space RTS games but on lesser scale and not real time.
And of course not everyone will like everything. Opinion of one guy does not matter.

Harthwain

Magister
They still just fear xenos and would kill them for that reason. For hate you need to go another level. Only Space Marines, Inquisitors, Sisters of Battle and such groups go beyond fear and those are at most 1% of the total imperium population (and probably more like 0.1%).
Not sure why you make it sound like it is not possible to fear and hate. Or that fear doesn't breed hatred, which is all the more easier due to lack of cultural exchange with xenos (at least officially) and Imperium of Man having xenophobia as part of its creed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
They still just fear xenos and would kill them for that reason. For hate you need to go another level. Only Space Marines, Inquisitors, Sisters of Battle and such groups go beyond fear and those are at most 1% of the total imperium population (and probably more like 0.1%).
Not sure why you make it sound like it is not possible to fear and hate. Or that fear doesn't breed hatred, which is all the more easier due to lack of cultural exchange with xenos (at least officially) and Imperium of Man having xenophobia as part of its creed.
Because hatred is not an emotion normal humans can keep for long without suffering from it. Fear on the other hand is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Because hatred is not an emotion normal humans can keep for long without suffering from it. Fear on the other hand is.
Warhammer40k is the universe of hate. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a heretic and must be burned.
It is for the most prominent players in it, those 0.1% to 1% of total population. This is exactly what I have been claiming from the start. And all the official cartoons and stuff I have been watching for last few weeks confirm that. Both citizens or average Guardsmen are not fanatic, they just afraid or follow orders and nothing more. For some of them being proud to do their duty is their strongest emotion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom