Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also ask the White Scars where Jaghatai Khan is.
Fucking heretics up in the Warp?

Webway. Chased a bunch of Dark Eldar after they abducted half his homeworld. Never seen or heard from again. Might’ve ended up in the Pits, might’ve ended up on a Haemonculus' slab.
Brah. He's a fucking Primarch.

Yeah, and they all fucking died or went missing forever.

The primarchs were never supposed to be these awesome figures you got to slap on a tabletop. They were written to be to the 41st millennium what Greek myth is to us today; great figures of ancient history, the tales of which may be overblown fiction or exaggerated truth, but no-one knows because they're ancient history. They vanished ten thousand years before the setting. They're myth. And they should've stayed myth.
They don't matter much anyways when you got Custodians which are basically army of Primarchs.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Custodes are scary powerful.
A 1v1 between a Custodian and Astartes is pretty much a win for the Custodian. They don't get to kick that much ass(as they are first and foremost protectors of the Emperor and Regent), but when they do, it is a sight to behold!
They whup dat heretic ass.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The primarchs were never supposed to be these awesome figures you got to slap on a tabletop. They were written to be to the 41st millennium what Greek myth is to us today; great figures of ancient history, the tales of which may be overblown fiction or exaggerated truth, but no-one knows because they're ancient history. They vanished ten thousand years before the setting. They're myth. And they should've stayed myth.
I enjoy the return of Papa Smurf. Sure, hope is a very strange thing in 40K, but it is nice to have it.

Also, Magnus doing the nasty shit to the Wolves was proper. Justice for Prospero and all.

IDK about Morty.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Standard Eldar might as well ignore average imperial people and do whatever mission they came here to do.
Same for a Dark Eldar, actually. If Vect gives you a mission, you stick to the mission.
OK, but do Eldar actually conquer worlds? If you see them, are they there to kill every human? If you see Dark Eldar there is a good chance they are there to capture as many as they can.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Standard Eldar might as well ignore average imperial people and do whatever mission they came here to do.
Same for a Dark Eldar, actually. If Vect gives you a mission, you stick to the mission.
OK, but do Eldar actually conquer worlds? If you see them, are they there to kill every human? If you see Dark Eldar there is a good chance they are there to capture as many as they can.
I don't know about Dark Eldar conquering worlds.
They are more like raiders and marauders than actual conquerors.
Gotta get those prisoners and slaves for torture, experiments and other sick stuff.

Humbaba

Arcane
I enjoy the return of Papa Smurf. Sure, hope is a very strange thing in 40K, but it is nice to have it.

Also, Magnus doing the nasty shit to the Wolves was proper. Justice for Prospero and all.

IDK about Morty.
Gullyman returning is fine, the complete absence of any consequence to his very obvious tech heresy and his mutant marines isn't. The high lords should've deployed the Minotaurs to put his ass back to sleep and put Belisarius in a can crusher.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

IDK about Morty.
Gullyman returning is fine, the complete absence of any consequence to his very obvious tech heresy and his mutant marines isn't. The high lords should've deployed the Minotaurs to put his ass back to sleep and put Belisarius in a can crusher.
Eh, kind of hard for the High Lords to stand up to a loyalist Primarch holding the Emperor's Sword and backed by the Adeptus Custodes. Some tried. Officio Assassinorum assets were deployed. Nobody tried any more.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

IDK about Morty.
Eh, kind of hard for the High Lords to stand up to a loyalist Primarch holding the Emperor's Sword and backed by the Adeptus Custodes. Some tried. Officio Assassinorum assets were deployed. Nobody tried any more.
The High Lords are mostly portrayed as being completely incompetent douchebags(which they are). Roboute coming back from his millennia long nap is one of the greatest blessings the Imperium could have received. The High Lords are retarded and outright suicidal if they think they can stand in his way.
Putting Dante(one of the nicest and most badass guys in the Imperium) in charge of Imperium Nihilus was very smart of Roboute, though he is already known as one of the most reasonable and rational guys out there. Not my favorite Primarch(that honor goes to Sanguinius, seconded by Vulkan), but he is still awesome.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Jaghatai Khan is 100% coming back for space End Times, along with every other Primarch who "mysteriously vanished." The long-term storybuilding is one of the things I respect GW for, even if it's in an overly Marvel-esque way.

The only ones that are definitively dead are Horus, Sangy, maybe Curze, and (prime) Ferrus Manus. And with cloning tech as it is, I wouldn't exactly rule them out.

Vulkan's THE bro and Sanguinius is otherworldly holiness incarnate, but Roboute's been growing on me ever since his return. He is a statesman and a nation builder, and these are things the Imperium now needs the most.

I still find it weird that the Ultramarines are the poster chapter for 40k when aesthetically and thematically they're pretty far off from the rest of the franchise. Someone else explained they're a bit of a legacy thing, but imo the Black Templars are way better as what encapsulates the imperium as a whole.

Ultramarines are the vanilla good guys, almost bordering on what passes for wholesome in 40k.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
And with cloning tech as it is, I wouldn't exactly rule them out.
Nutcase Fabius Bile did clone Sanguinius and even Horus(though it went poorly for him, as the clones were destroyed).
Also Ferrus Manus(who absolutely refused to join Chaos, much to the displeasure of Fulgrim).
The Lion is still asleep on The Rock...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ultramarines are the vanilla good guys, almost bordering on what passes for wholesome in 40k.
.. while murdering xenos children (like Eldar one).
Yeah, well. In 40k a "crime against humanity" is one *not* murdering the enemy civilians.
This is probably why people like Tau, they do not murder civilians if they decide to join "The Greater Good". Not awesome but still better than just getting wiped just because.

Reinhardt

Arcane
if you can't protect you children from angery marines after waging war against human worlds maybe you don't deserve them?

ArchAngel

Arcane
if you can't protect you children from angery marines after waging war against human worlds maybe you don't deserve them?
Nobody deserves anything except to be sucked dry of its lifeforce and all biological matter by swarms of Tyranids. It is also the final solution to the Chaos problem.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is it explained why are only Humans so weak to Chaos? And should not Warp and Chaos have access to more than one galaxy? In theory you should be able to travel to other galaxies through warp and warp Gods should be powered by life forms from there as well!? Or did Tyranids already suck everything dry and only Milky Way is left?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is it explained why are only Humans so weak to Chaos? And should not Warp and Chaos have access to more than one galaxy? In theory you should be able to travel to other galaxies through warp and warp Gods should be powered by life forms from there as well!? Or did Tyranids already suck everything dry and only Milky Way is left?
I heard some theories, but don't quote me on it.
Tyranids were drawn to this galaxy because of the light emitted by the Astronomican. They also probably ate the whole fucking galaxy where they originated from...
The Chaos Gods are currently limited to influencing only this galaxy. Whether they will influence other galaxies when they grow in strength remains to be seen.
Yeah, Chaos is some scary shit when done by the right author and artists.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Tyranids were drawn to this galaxy because of the light emitted by the Astronomican. They also probably ate the whole fucking galaxy where they originated from...
The Chaos Gods are currently limited to influencing only this galaxy. Whether they will influence other galaxies when they grow in strength remains to be seen.
According to Lore videos I watched Tyranids are coming into Milky Way from multiple sides which means they are all over the universe already. This is why I asked if they might be the cause that Chaos only does stuff in this galaxy.

Peachcurl

Arcane
According to Lore videos I watched Tyranids are coming into Milky Way from multiple sides which means they are all over the universe already. This is why I asked if they might be the cause that Chaos only does stuff in this galaxy.
There may be other Chaos gods in other galaxies. It's not very often remarked on. And even if the Tyranids digested every galaxy around the Milky Way, that might still be a local phenomenon. No details on that have been put forward. (And frankly, I think they should leave that open indefinitely. Don't kill it by broadening the scope even further. Leave some stuff open to guessing and speculation.)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Stop saying 'suck everything dry'
Why? From what I understand Tyranids do exactly that. They leave planets completely barren of any kind of lifeforms or biological material.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom