Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Harthwain

Magister
That's exactly my point. I stopped reading walls and walls of text in Pathfinder WOTR too. Quantity sometimes doesn't have a quality all its own.
I blame the delivery - you can have the same amount of text, but when it is broken into smaller chunks it is easier to swallow. For similar reason it's easier to go through dialogues than monologues or exposition dumps.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Question to the our resident WH40k sages. Why other races didn't produce their own "emperors" once the chaos became a problem? And i mean a being as powerful not some puny "gods" or whatever. They can't into some dirty primitives doing "magic" stuff? Because that was the requirement on Earth.

Chris Wraight's Vaults of Terra trilogy (The Carrion Throne, The Hollow Mountain, and The Dark City) reveals the Dark Eldar recently had exactly that idea. They planned to create an Emperor clone specifically to be used as a glorified superglue holding shut the Warp tear in Commorragh. Their plot was discovered and it didn't end well for anyone involved.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
Trying to copypaste the human Emperor isn't quite the same as trying to make their own Dark Eldar 'Emperor' though.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
the latest talk on the discord is devs being worried about players finishing the game too fast based on data from the alpha

one suggestion was to add a non optional perma death and save deletion and it got a very positive response

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
New concept art for Necrons.

Necrons_Color_1.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If they include all the major xenos races I'll buy the game just for having the ambition to do that. I can't think of a single game besides Dawn of War I that did that, and they had to do it in installments and still missed the 'nids.

More acceptable since that was a RTS and needed a good diversity of units + balancing. Here with an RPG, you can get away with just the basic grunt units and maybe a few elites.

Peachcurl

Cipher
If they include all the major xenos races I'll buy the game just for having the ambition to do that. I can't think of a single game besides Dawn of War I that did that, and they had to do it in installments and still missed the 'nids.

More acceptable since that was a RTS and needed a good diversity of units + balancing. Here with an RPG, you can get away with just the basic grunt units and maybe a few elites.
Major meaning Orcs, Tyranids, Eldar, Necrons?

Harthwain

Magister

Dawn of War 2 - Retribution has Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Tyranids, Eldars, Orcs and Imperial Guard. Compared to Dawn of War 1 - Soulstorm it lacks Tau, Sisters of Battle, Necrons and Dark Eldars but I can't think of another game who has as many factions (and it's still a pretty damn good multiplayer game!).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Major meaning Orcs, Tyranids, Eldar, Necrons?

And the Tau in the form of the Kroot. There's no Tau in the Koronus Expanse, but there are Kroot warparties... for some reason.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
How does order of turns/initiative work? Is it whole team turns with free order inside your team like XCOM or Wastelands 3 or is it based on individual units initiative as in turn-based mode in Pathfinder? Another question regarding armor - can damage be reduced to zero or is there always a minimum amount of damage if you are hit?

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
major xenos races
im gonna firebomb the entire island of cyprus if Kroot won't be in the game
What is special about Kroots?

They are p. cool. Imagine a cannibalistic rooster that can speak and act in fairly intelligent manner who kicks some massive ass in melee too. They are an interesting alternative to Orks.

kangak_kroot_by_ameeeeba-d5olf71.jpg

Their voidships are cool too.

Kroot-warsphere-armada.jpg

Will the companions be 100% humans?

You can recruit an Eldar, the devs rulled out an Ork companion, we dont really know about anything else and I doubt that new companions will be introduced - the one who isnt in the Alpha is the Space Marine (though it is mentioned several times in conversations that Space Wolves are active in Koronus Expanse and are doing something special there - ie they are involved in the main plot) and he will be in for sure. Other than the Eldar it doesnt seem like there will be any non-humans outside of DLCs.

How does order of turns/initiative work? Is it whole team turns with free order inside your team like XCOM or Wastelands 3 or is it based on individual units initiative as in turn-based mode in Pathfinder? Another question regarding armor - can damage be reduced to zero or is there always a minimum amount of damage if you are hit?

Every character has its own initiative score calculated from Agility and possibly other stats - seems to work similar to PnP rules. Armor works like in PnP, ie you can negate damage completely if you have strong enough armor and high Toughness.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How the fuck would an Orc companion even work that wouldn't break every bit of lore in existence?

IIRC there are Ork mercenaries right? One of the big Ork klan iirc is humies weaboo and can work for lootz

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom