Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yoshimo is handy to reserve a place in the party for Imoen. And Troonfinder has the worst companions in RPGs ever Regill excepting.
Also taking him to spellhold lets you redeem his soul once you get back to Athkatla. Which is worth a sizable amount of XP, though generally I think most players have 90% of the game finished by that point and its a drop in the bucket. Still there's at least plausibly good reasons to take him.

Joyvankek

Learned
Just did a quick trip to the Rogue Trader CRPG reddit and saw that a lot of peoples are angry that you won't be able to romance the Sister of Battle (confirmed by dev). Owlcat fans truly are the new Biodrones. :smug:
I heard they will let you romance the eldar chick. If so I wonder if they will correctly implement the general sentiment of Imperium and Eldars for this kind of absolute heresy.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Just did a quick trip to the Rogue Trader CRPG reddit and saw that a lot of peoples are angry that you won't be able to romance the Sister of Battle (confirmed by dev). Owlcat fans truly are the new Biodrones. :smug:
I heard they will let you romance the eldar chick. If so I wonder if they will correctly implement the general sentiment of Imperium and Eldars for this kind of absolute heresy.

I mean of course you can fuck the space elf. Why else would you want to interact with them?

Also Rogue Traders are the Captain Kirks of the 40k verse. Could you really call yourself a Space Dandy without dicking down at least some xenos? And the Eldar are among the more human-looking.

I would also expect the more pious/loyal among your crew to be not happy about it.

Peachcurl

Arcane
Wait, are "half-elves" a thing Warhammer 40k?

Anyways, I'll assume that no. In that case, "romance the eldar chick" won't give you any offspring to inherit the Rogue Trader warrant. In that case, if the inquisition doesn't kill you, it may be your own house that'll come after you.

Joyvankek

Learned

I mean of course you can fuck the space elf. Why else would you want to interact with them?

Also Rogue Traders are the Captain Kirks of the 40k verse. Could you really call yourself a Space Dandy without dicking down at least some xenos? And the Eldar are among the more human-looking.

I would also expect the more pious/loyal among your crew to be not happy about it.
Hmmm, you have some good points in there. We have Roboute Guilliman doing that too... So... I guess elves are fine now?

Wait, are "half-elves" a thing Warhammer 40k?

Anyways, I'll assume that no. In that case, "romance the eldar chick" won't give you any offspring to inherit the Rogue Trader warrant. In that case, if the inquisition doesn't kill you, it may be your own house that'll come after you.
I remember there were hybrids in some ancient edition. Possibly even in Rogue Trader one. But they retconned that later on, so hybrids are no longer canon.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also Rogue Traders are the Captain Kirks of the 40k verse. Could you really call yourself a Space Dandy without dicking down at least some xenos?

Oh man, soon you will be mine and free to ravish me with your lascivious tongue!

:shredder:

magic-the-gathering-warhammer-40k-tyranids.jpg

Humbaba

Arcane
I hope they scrap the eldar romance because that's retarded. An eldar fucking a monkeigh is like a human fucking a dog.

Question is, does Owlcat have the balls and skills to work in an actual companion which is 100% guaranteed to backstab the protagonist? Doesn't even matter whether you stay loyal to the empire, or what else you choose. The hybrid will try to murder you, or worse, get you seeded.

Did they have anything like that in Wrathfinder?
Wrathfinder has companions who will betray you depending on your actions and some NPCs who will betray you no matter what. A companion who will always betray you wouldn't be worthwhile (that trick only works once, then never again).
I still haven't forgiven Yoshimo. I remember audibly gasping as my childhood innocence took a blow. Never again would he venture forth with my party.
:stunned:

Skorpion

Educated
I see this thread has degenerated to bioware levels of yapping about who is sexy and who can be romanced... not very :obviously: bros.
Go back to mass effect with that shit. :timetoburn:

Joyvankek

Learned
I see this thread has degenerated to bioware levels of yapping about who is sexy and who can be romanced... not very :obviously: bros.
Go back to mass effect with that shit. :timetoburn:
We're in the age of degeneracy, what else did you expect?
There is some good stuff they could do on conceptual level, like giving you a sexy and wholesome(Well wholesome in 40K way) xeno or a girl with a shady past, with some red flags for perspective/smart PC to notice.
Then at the end you would find out that that whole romance arc was manipulation, lies and a way to corrupt you; that you were outplayed by a servant of Slaanesh.
That would fit perfectly, especially if our RT would want to think with his dick instead of his head.

You can have romance without ending up like ME or BG3, it can be done without turning the whole game into degenerate shitfest.
But I doubt Owlcat will be able to pull that one out.
I will be fine if they will retain the same feel of being RT in W40K I saw in Alpha. Oh, and they really should add an exterminatus cutscene.

Zayne

Scholar
There is some good stuff they could do on conceptual level, like giving you a sexy and wholesome(Well wholesome in 40K way) xeno or a girl with a shady past, with some red flags for perspective/smart PC to notice.
Then at the end you would find out that that whole romance arc was manipulation, lies and a way to corrupt you; that you were outplayed
So, essentially, Camellia romance 2.0?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom