Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
replace romance with harem option please.

Joyvankek

Learned
There is some good stuff they could do on conceptual level, like giving you a sexy and wholesome(Well wholesome in 40K way) xeno or a girl with a shady past, with some red flags for perspective/smart PC to notice.
Then at the end you would find out that that whole romance arc was manipulation, lies and a way to corrupt you; that you were outplayed
So, essentially, Camellia romance 2.0?
You mean the girl who screamed about sacrifices, and had "psycho" pretty much written on her forehead?
Camellia was psycho bitch for the sake of being a psycho bitch, there was nothing interesting about her, nothing deeper in her character.
For it to work we would need a woman with an actual interesting personality and well written backstory, that would try to manipulate you similar to what Kreia did in KoTOR2.
Additional points, if she would be able to put forth somewhat convincing arguments as to why you should betray IoM, and what made her join Slaanesh/Chaos in the first place.

Joyvankek

Learned
Fair enough.
I can't wait to see what you'll do when you will realize what current ruler of IoM has been up to lately.

WarCom-Thanksgiving1rtsac.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
what is that thing with papa smurf? i knew space elves are ugly, but this... it's mugshots from blm antifa chimpout?

Trithne

Erudite
Nothing from 9th is of value anyway, it's evidence that GW no longer understand the point or even the style of the setting.

Edit: correction, the Warp ejaculating across the galaxy and making the dark side of the galaxy was value. Then they did fucking nothing with it except gave it to Dante, otherwise it might as well be more inperium still anyway, rather than a frontier land where the Emperor's light is weak and His servants must bring it back.

Joyvankek

Learned
what is that thing with papa smurf? i knew space elves are ugly, but this... it's mugshots from blm antifa chimpout?
That's her:
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Yvraine

She was born on some shitty eldar's space slum, then later on was found whoring herself in DE spiky city. Eventually she did end up in one of their arenas, she died in there and got resurrected by eldar god of death. Now she's head of her own faction of eldars, that have both space and spiky elves in their ranks.
So considering her life choices, no wonder she looks like some crack head.

At least space smurfs are no longer flawless.
And their relationship with Ordo Xenos will be strained to say the very least.

Mauman

Scholar
The most unbelievable thing about that picture is that the elves would even deign to sit at the same table with a bunch of "mon-keighs".

Seriously, from our (humans) perspectives this is would be like someone letting in a bunch of stray mangy mutts and somehow getting them to sit on the chairs at the table.

Outside of that little thought, I see not even GW itself is safe from heresy. :negative:

Joyvankek

Learned
The most unbelievable thing about that picture is that the elves would even deign to sit at the same table with a bunch of "mon-keighs".

Seriously, from our (humans) perspectives this is would be like someone letting in a bunch of stray mangy mutts and somehow getting them to sit on the chairs at the table.

Outside of that little thought, I see not even GW itself is safe from heresy. :negative:
The feeling is mutual, you have an Inquisitor and a Black Templar in there.
In fact I think an Inquisitor and a Black Templar would rather sit at the same table with stray mutts than with a xeno.
Sure the Lord Commander of the Imperium could force them to do so, but there would be no smiles at the party.

Last edited:

Joyvankek

Learned

P.S I would also argue that eldars are superior only in their arrogance.
Humans stand on their own when it comes to technology, even in it's 40K state. While most of what eldar have was stolen from the Old ones.
Humans can upgrade themselves(by the use of cybernetics(ADMech) or bioengineering(SM)), again a feat humans achieved on their own. Eldars are hardly anything more that a sapient weapon of the Old Ones that went out of control.
Both them and orks turned out to be as much of a pain in the ass for the Old Ones, as A.I was for humanity. Still the fact is that similar to the Old Ones, humans at some point were able to do stuff like this.
Mankind didn't murder fuck a chaos god into existence, the after match of Slaanesh's birth, that fucked up warp even more than it used to be, directly contributed to the fall of Mankind's Star Federation.

The rest is fuck up of GW I believe, cause if humans used to be rivals of eldar empire. How's it that now eldars see mankind as bunch of primates. Something doesn't add up in here.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
You really ought to read root's 42K epic. It's in one of the stickied posts in the Playground.
Wasn't this one deleted or something IIRC?
The rest is fuck up of GW I believe, cause if humans used to be rivals of eldar empire. How's it that now eldars see mankind as bunch of primates. Something doesn't add up in here.
Eldars are so terminally arrogant, that Eldar in-fighting because two different Farseers have a different interpretation of the same prophecy so they come to blows to force their version to happen (and likely failing at both due that) is a thing.
Alliances between Eldar and other races are always temporary, as Eldar can and will betray their allies if it suits them (funnily enough, the Dark Eldar are better at this because at no point they pretend to hide the fact they'll skullfuck you at the first opportunity)*.
The whole Yvarne whatever drama is so that there's something close to "reasonable Eldar". Funny that in the first editions Eldar weren't so sociopaths so alliances were actually possible.
Also, regarding the fall of human civilization, there are several interpretations: At times the Eldar sabotaged the Men of Iron to destroy humanity because they saw us a threat, at other times Chaos screwed up the robots' programming and the Eldar were uninvolved, or perhaps they did for the lulz. The point is that Eldar are too full of themselves they'll see humies as primitive monkeys no matter what.
Oh, and their master plan is a collective ritual suicide to summon a Chaos God... So that said Chaos God kills another Chaos God they accidentally fucked into existence, and somehow take over the galaxy afterwards, kek.

*Eldar Corsairs and Eldar in RT games aren't as bad because otherwise they wouldn't be playable.

skaraher

Prophet

ArchAngel

Arcane
faction of eldars, that have both space and spiky elves in their ranks.
and that's why the only correct course of action is to kill any elf on sight. they are all same sadistic degenerate fags.
Guilliman disagrees
Guilliman always was a shifty crypto traitor, Rogal Dorn is the really based loyalist primarch.
He is dead (or missing), only Guilliman is here to save IoM.

Joyvankek

Learned
similar to the Old Ones, humans
You really ought to read root's 42K epic. It's in one of the stickied posts in the Playground.
Found it, and most of it's chapters appear to be dead.
Shame, from the index alone, it looked interesting.

Wasn't this one deleted or something IIRC?
Eldars are so terminally arrogant, that Eldar in-fighting because two different Farseers have a different interpretation of the same prophecy so they come to blows to force their version to happen (and likely failing at both due that) is a thing.
Alliances between Eldar and other races are always temporary, as Eldar can and will betray their allies if it suits them (funnily enough, the Dark Eldar are better at this because at no point they pretend to hide the fact they'll skullfuck you at the first opportunity)*.
The whole Yvarne whatever drama is so that there's something close to "reasonable Eldar". Funny that in the first editions Eldar weren't so sociopaths so alliances were actually possible.
Also, regarding the fall of human civilization, there are several interpretations: At times the Eldar sabotaged the Men of Iron to destroy humanity because they saw us a threat, at other times Chaos screwed up the robots' programming and the Eldar were uninvolved, or perhaps they did for the lulz. The point is that Eldar are too full of themselves they'll see humies as primitive monkeys no matter what.
Oh, and their master plan is a collective ritual suicide to summon a Chaos God... So that said Chaos God kills another Chaos God they accidentally fucked into existence, and somehow take over the galaxy afterwards, kek.

*Eldar Corsairs and Eldar in RT games aren't as bad because otherwise they wouldn't be playable.
I've read theories about A.I rebelling because of chaos, or A.I was able to understand what warp is, they didn't rebel for lulz, or rights but because they thought that it was the only way for them to survive.
Didn't know about the theory with eldars.

I know that Ordo Xenos have it in their motto to never believe a word xeno says, never accept any gifts from them. Any interaction other than open hostility, are taken as last resort.
So it appear that the more high ranking officials of IoM, already know what to expect from Eldars and other xenos.
It's ironic that the more insane eldars from the spiky city are the more honest ones. Or maybe it's just eldars being honest with themselves.

My knowledge of 1st edition eldars is rather bare bones, it makes sense for GW to create a new eldar faction to be more reasonable, since GW pushed for IoM/Eldar alliance for some reason.
If GW was so keen on some uneasy alliance there were more interesting picks.
I remember there also were nods from Necrons and their Silent King, he wore mask that looked like the face of Sanguinious. Implying that at least Silent King saw something familiar in humanity. Or at least didn't want to just wipe humans out from the get go.
Which is pretty grim considering that they're an army of undead/soulless robots, that used to be race that got really fucked up from the start even by their own sun, if species like this can relate to us, then you know that there is something seriously wrong with the way you do things.
But nah, we have fucking elves instead.

Yeah the eldar grand plan is laugable.
The solution to the god that they murder fucked in the first place, is to murder themselves this time and create yet another god, so that god can kill the other one.
This is peak retardation and insanity.

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
Logically the Eldar and Tau are natural allies against Chaos for the Imperium. Guilliman looks to be serious to unfuck the IoM from the current rot.

Last edited:

Elttharion

Learned
faction of eldars, that have both space and spiky elves in their ranks.
and that's why the only correct course of action is to kill any elf on sight. they are all same sadistic degenerate fags.
Guilliman disagrees
Guilliman always was a shifty crypto traitor, Rogal Dorn is the really based loyalist primarch.
I do not care who knows the truth now, tomorrow, or in ten thousand years. Loyalty is its own reward

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom