Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
those are copyrighted terms

you must purchase the 29.99 games workshop oyster card to be able to use them

lightbane

Arcane
I've read theories about A.I rebelling because of chaos, or A.I was able to understand what warp is, they didn't rebel for lulz, or rights but because they thought that it was the only way for them to survive.
That's another theory. Nothing is confirmed so far.

I know that Ordo Xenos have it in their motto to never believe a word xeno says, never accept any gifts from them. Any interaction other than open hostility, are taken as last resort.
Actually, some xeno races are okay. Kroot are acceptable mercs in a pinch, but don't get caught using them by the most fanatic members of the Imperium.

It's ironic that the more insane eldars from the spiky city are the more honest ones. Or maybe it's just eldars being honest with themselves.
Exodite Eldars are cool though, but they have a tendency to exterminate humans they believe that they're trespassing with extreme prejudice. Dark Eldar also lie plenty, but if you don't see it coming from monsters that dress in S&M gear, you deserved it.
There was a playable dark eldar option for the RT game, but I never saw it in play.

My knowledge of 1st edition eldars is rather bare bones, it makes sense for GW to create a new eldar faction to be more reasonable, since GW pushed for IoM/Eldar alliance for some reason.
OG Eldar were sexy enough to have half-elves as part of the imperium.

This is peak retardation and insanity.
*Eldar.
Not that they have other choices, except saving Isha from Nurgle's clutches and hoping for the best.

Logically the Eldar and Tau are natural allies against Chaos for the Imperium. Guilliman looks to be serious to unfuck the IoM from the current rot.

Some Eldar at least. The Tau don't even fully know the extend of Chaos' powers and their territory is laughable. The only reason why the 'Nids have not eaten them is due plot armor.

Peachcurl

Arcane
My knowledge of 1st edition eldars is rather bare bones, it makes sense for GW to create a new eldar faction to be more reasonable, since GW pushed for IoM/Eldar alliance for some reason.
What was the given explanation for them being able to breed?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
faction of eldars, that have both space and spiky elves in their ranks.
and that's why the only correct course of action is to kill any elf on sight. they are all same sadistic degenerate fags.
Guilliman disagrees
Guilliman always was a shifty crypto traitor, Rogal Dorn is the really based loyalist primarch.
I do not care who knows the truth now, tomorrow, or in ten thousand years. Loyalty is its own reward
The Lion is a fuckin' badass.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Logically the Eldar and Tau are natural allies against Chaos for the Imperium. Guilliman looks to be serious to unfuck the IoM from the current rot.

Some Eldar at least. The Tau don't even fully know the extend of Chaos' powers and their territory is laughable. The only reason why the 'Nids have not eaten them is due plot armor.
Tau are too small to even be noticed by 'Nids. Also Nids are not unthinking animals, they prefer IoM to have more enemies to fight instead of less while they are trying to beat them.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I read the book about his "origin story". Didn't sound so badass, if you ask me. (Then again, the book wasn't really good, so it might be that.)
Yeah, I heard most of the books focusing on him are dogshit.
He is better when paired with Roboute and Sanguinius (like in Ruinstorm).
He was wrestling and killing warp tainted beasts on Caliban while being an infant. Not to mention he was constantly being exposed to warp taint and the dark whisperings of Chaos. Honestly, he might've been designed by the Emperor to be a hunter of sorts, if you factor in his abilities and resistance (if not outright immunity) to Chaos corruption.

skaraher

Prophet
I read the book about his "origin story". Didn't sound so badass, if you ask me. (Then again, the book wasn't really good, so it might be that.)
40k books aren't good as a rule. There are more of a guilty pleasure for the less bad one. First half of Gaunt Ghost serie and the Einsenhorn trilogy are decent, the rest is classic licensed SF-trash.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
40k books aren't good as a rule. There are more of a guilty pleasure for the less bad one. First half of Gaunt Ghost serie and the Einsenhorn trilogy are decent, the rest is classic licensed SF-trash.
Some of the Horus Heresy books are also really great.
I think 40k books have a great deal of variety when it comes to quality. You just have to choose wisely, I guess.

lightbane

Arcane
What was the given explanation for them being able to breed?
Dunno, I skimmed the OG book years ago and read the 1d4 chan article, but if there was an explanation, it was "just because".

Peachcurl

Arcane
There are some other decent suggestions in this thread: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/best-warhammer-40k-books.141884/

Mauman

Scholar
I liked the (earlier, don't know about the latest) Cain stuff.

But then, I like Blackadder and Flashman, so putting those IN SPACE would appeal to me even if I realize that it's derivative.

Camel

Scholar
Most of the Craftworld Eldar should logically ally with the Imperium after Failbaddon’s success at last and Tau are few but curiously resistant to Chaos.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom