Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
and the inquisition + grey knights look like bumbling idiots.
That's because they already are.
An inquisitor may have close to unlimited authority, and might occasionally abuse that authority to do something retarded. But doing something that retarded should at some point be regulated by other inquisitors stepping in. Especially when one of their main assets (grey knights) is involved in large numbers. The fact that this all plays out the way it does, on this scale, makes no sense to me.
Indeed. It is really retarded.
Attacking a First Founding Space Marine Chapter is really dumb. The Inquisition wanted to flex those muscles and got fucked up in the process.
Really, wanting to get rid of a First Founding Chapter (created by the Emperor Himself) is akin to taking a shit all over His work. The other chapters would have retaliated. Heresy 2.0: Electric Boogaloo.

lightbane

Arcane
The WH40k modern writers are less coherent than the average Chaos cultist. Look how Grey Knights decided to use Sororitas blood as an armor against "Chaos-possessed nanomachines" in a story by Matt Ward, supposedly (or so I read in 1d4chan). Despite GK being immune to Chaos anyway.

Last edited:

Trithne

Erudite
The WH40k modern writers are less coherent than the average Chaos cultist. Look how Grey Knights decided to use Sororitas blood as an armor against "Chaos-possessed nanomachines" in a story by Matt Ward, supposedly (or so I read in 1d4chan). Despite GK being immune to Chaos anyway.
Matt Ward was a special kind of lolstupid. And had a massive boner for the Ultramarines. I'd say that he's also the starting point for the game turning full marine wank, and the subsequent knock on effects on the newer fanbase who've only ever known marine wank.

Camel

Scholar
Matt Ward was a special kind of lolstupid. And had a massive boner for the Ultramarines. I'd say that he's also the starting point for the game turning full marine wank, and the subsequent knock on effects on the newer fanbase who've only ever known marine wank.
Ward is considered the worst GeeDub writer ever but that was before the newest dross about Erda.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
600px-CryingKnight.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
warhammer fantasy rpg WHEN? you can even add tacticool battles like in shadow of the horned rat and dark omen, so "what kingdom management to add" part is solved

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Thanks you all for the greeting :)
warhammer fantasy rpg WHEN? you can even add tacticool battles like in shadow of the horned rat and dark omen, so "what kingdom management to add" part is solved
Yeah, well, we haven't even released RT yet, so...
Hi, guys! I'm Eyler from Owlcat games. I'll hang out with you here if you don't mind :)

Welcome. Since you are here, could you let us know what was the rationale on not having the Orks in the game? Plenty of people are taken aback by that.
I can't elaborate on the decisions made by the team, as well as give you any spoilers, so the only thing I can say is that if something is absent from the game, there are good reasons for this. BUT I'm here for your honest feedback about our game, so I'm gonna keep an eye on it. So, let's just pretend I'm not here +M

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Hi, guys! I'm Eyler from Owlcat games. I'll hang out with you here if you don't mind :)
is this going to be another 50 hours of trash combat 5-10 story content game from you guys?
Sorry you didn't like our past games. Although we have introduced plenty of new mechanics and a brand new combat system in this game, it can be somehow similar to Pathfinder, of course

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom