Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
The thing about "Joining Chaos" is that people don't just say "ffffffffuck you! I'm joining Chaos!".

They join a local organization that seems entirely benign. Maybe they work in the corpse grinders, and they slowly learn and join in on the secret rituals done there. They don't know it's Chaotic, to a layman it's hard to know the difference between the right rituals and the wrong ones.

Nobles joining "secret societies" for fun or pleasure. Farmers being offered new miracle fertiliser. Soldiers getting too into the act of killing for sport.

No-one makes a concious decision to "join Chaos". They get slowly corrupted into it, without their knowledge.
that's... not how codex works... pipo here are exactly
"ffffffffuck you! I'm joining Chaos!"
"how is chaos path in ur gaem?!" "how can i join it?!"

Joyvankek

Learned
i hope my main character can be a Chaos in this game because it's my favorite faction in both W40K and W30K.
close_up_of_the_commissar_by_sirmalifact-d47gvub.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
There's an actual in-universe reason why Chaos followers invariably end up being retarded: It's hard to keep a grip on your mind and/or sanity the more your brain is bombarded with literally corruptive EVIL! energies. IIRC the Black Crusade pnp game even had a mechanics of sorts referencing that: a mental corruption/mutation you could get that made the victim immune to fear effects, but prone to suffer from psycho attacks whenever he fails ANY test badly. Which means said character can flip out during a failed dialogue check, or even run away from his failure after failing to decipher an ancient tablet of some sort.

Mortmal

Arcane
Too long thread to read, but i see there's even some dev interaction. So did you guys managed to convince olwcat to make rogue trader grimdark and faithfull to the settings, void of modern political sensibilities, and make the combat deep and tactical ?

Norfleet

you could get that made the victim immune to fear effects, but prone to suffer from psycho attacks whenever he fails ANY test badly. Which means said character can flip out during a failed dialogue check, or even run away from his failure after failing to decipher an ancient tablet of some sort.
Ah, but you're immune to fear effects, so you never run away. With "flee" being off the table, your options are fight, feed, or fuck. Therefore, you either ragepunch the ancient tablet, attempt to fangoriously devour it, or start humping the shit out of it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
i assume if Tyranicon is laughing that means no to everything...
Honestly, I think the general attitude in this thread is one of cautious optimism right now. Definitely way better than when the thread first started and everyone was hating on that cartoon they made to advertise the game.

The dev team sending a rep here helps.

We'll have to wait until some kind of beta/early access to see more of the game, and if the usual codex riot happens.

Mortmal

Arcane
i assume if Tyranicon is laughing that means no to everything...
Honestly, I think the general attitude in this thread is one of cautious optimism right now. Definitely way better than when the thread first started and everyone was hating on that cartoon they made to advertise the game.

The dev team sending a rep here helps.

We'll have to wait until some kind of beta/early access to see more of the game, and if the usual codex riot happens.
Cautious optimism ? I am not the only one getting old and senile then. The grognards got softer.

lightbane

Arcane
you could get that made the victim immune to fear effects, but prone to suffer from psycho attacks whenever he fails ANY test badly. Which means said character can flip out during a failed dialogue check, or even run away from his failure after failing to decipher an ancient tablet of some sort.
Ah, but you're immune to fear effects, so you never run away. With "flee" being off the table, your options are fight, feed, or fuck. Therefore, you either ragepunch the ancient tablet, attempt to fangoriously devour it, or start humping the shit out of it.
Not exactly. That mutation makes you roll on the "shock table" effects whenever you fail hard at something. Even outside of combat, so you can get to Looney Tunes situations where failing to do something banal such as failing to unlock a door causes the character to overreact, even if spotting a 4 meters tall super-mutant with demonic tentacles one minute later won't faze him. IIRC the worst possible result in said table is dying from a heart attack outright.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I wouldn't mind if corruption of the MC starts this way in the game.
8nrY5lm.jpg

It's always been disappointing to me that daemonettes don't look remotely attractive.

What you'd think you get (big-titty demon waifu):

d5x4wuu-17bfb9d0-a9f2-4b5d-ada5-956b20db7c7a.jpg

What you actually get (uniboob monstrosity that might be packing a bigger dick than you):

FJeUkeTXIAo1K6U.jpg:large

Slaaneshi worshippers are the worst degenerates. Also, trivia of the day, they fuck their horses.

These things.
fiend_concept.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom