Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
url

As for yarrick, he is dead atm.
Yes yes, but Catachans are called "Baby Ogryns" for a reason

Joyvankek

Learned

lightbane

Arcane
Well the left hand is obviously bionic, the other one might be too, so its not that crazy...
Augmetics don't help. You need the bulk of an Astartes to handle a heavy bolter plus ammo.

Yes, I'm being petty.
Not necessarily. In the pnp games, Astartes-sized guns are one size bigger compared to humies' own (so an one handed Marine Pistol would be a two-handed Basic Pistol for a human), and a normal human's heavy weapon won't be as bulky compared to a Marine's equivalent. Even then, in order to use heavy guns, you need bionics and/or lots of strength in most cases (but not always!), but you can use suspensors for heavy guns too. Alternatively, you can carry heavy guns and shrug off the recoil with the appropiate Talent (that requires you to have a STR of 40, which is above human average).

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
You're right, but Commisar Yarrick uses a storm bolter and he's human. The entire WH40K lore is filled with stupid shit like this, so it's ridiculous to nit pick something like this.

Most armaments in the setting are not standardised. A Marine Bolter is not the same as a bolter issued to a Strom Trooper, despite what the tabletop rules would have you believe.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

This game has too many women. Way too many. Women who are black, who are pajeet, who are fighters, who are sailors. . .
That's so unrealistic. There is no setting high fantasy enough, where I can believe in such women
Women are whores, women are weaklings, women are herd thinkers, women are narcissists
Those are their classes. Those are their professions. Have been for 1000s of years
Fuck women in RL, play as BADASS Men in games

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
No RPG should have more then 1/4 of companions be females. Seriously
Females rarely go on adventures, unless it's the neighbour's bed
I can't believe in RPGs with so many female companions. I can't. FUCK WOKE

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I've stopped playing assassin's creed games after Unity because they featured females as regular enemies - syndicate for example had regular females as thugs wearing chequered irish suit who you could beat up, i don't like beating women in video games. Oh well i guess i'm left replaying old games from now on, until this craze is over[will it?].

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I've stopped playing assassin's creed games after Unity because they featured females as regular enemies - syndicate for example had regular females as thugs wearing chequered irish suit who you could beat up, i don't like beating women in video games. Oh well i guess i'm left replaying old games from now on, until this craze is over[will it?].
YES!

Maybe it has to do with me refusing to make a single compromise with WOKE narrative and dropping any franchise that had woke in it. For example, regardless of how much I anticipated Starfield, the moment they PROUDLY announced gender pronouns, I fucking dropped it like a rock

Most of Codexers have been on estrogen therapy for their brains for years. Anyone who plays Baldur's Gate 3 and Wrath of Rightous is efectively being on mental woke therapy. And trust me, these motherfucker devs are very much proud and even more smug about that fact

Joyvankek

Learned
No RPG should have more then 1/4 of companions be females. Seriously
Females rarely go on adventures, unless it's the neighbour's bed
I can't believe in RPGs with so many female companions. I can't. FUCK WOKE
IoM had more than 10k years to condition females.
You don't want to defend humanity and your world? Then you will get killed/tortured/turned into servitor. Breeding servitor if there is need for manpower.
Women can be, and usually chose to be what you listed if society/ruling regime allows them. But in IoM nobody gives a single fuck about what women want.

That said, we can see that GW is doing this on purpose. We have Marry Sues like that female ship capitan, who stood up to Angron, and he didn't kill her outright, and even respected her. Fucking Angron, cause he's totally the type of reasonable and compassionate primarch who would do just that...
At that point we could have some rando human whamyn spitting at Khorne's berserker, and that berserker just standing there and taking it.
We can also see them more and more in roles of Commissars, Inquisitors and other high ranking positions. So yeah I have no doubt as to why they're doing this.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Retards being retards. I hate woke as much as the next person but there are countless RPGs that had plenty of women as enemies. In a fantasy/sci-fi setting, with all sorts of retarded and fantastical shit, I have no issue with their being some women companions or enemies. Obviously there is a limit, and as the poster above me points out, GW is definitely pozzed and going over the limit for some shit woke agenda, but so far I have yet to see anything egrigious in Rogue Trader so stop shitting up the thread.

Having a ton of female enemies is retarded in a Ubisoft game because said games are based on real places in history. Age of Decadence is a good example of a game that has almost no female enemies, and the few that are female, are restricted to being long range fighters, but that is because it is going for a realistic feeling.

Tired of the incessant verbal diarrhea from people that don't even fucking play games.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I like muh realism. But I also like media that isn't a complete sausage fest (not that 2023 media really does that anymore...)

Also:

c57.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom