Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Joyvankek

Learned
Ah yes, the furfag special snowflake chapter. Of course.
:decline:
There are some rumors, that chaos path will have Word Bearer as a companion.
At this point, I'm just glad it is not a fucking space smurf. They're standard go to when SM are concerned.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
who cares about chaos path.
Instead of chaos, I'd prefer just going rogue. Let me break off from the Imperium with my own mini-star empire. That's the end game goal once you have enough resources, people, etc.

I'll still make enemies with all the Imperial organizations, but won't be reduced to the mustache-twirling, idiotball-carrying chaos bro that GW loves.

Joyvankek

Learned
who cares about chaos path.
In the way it's implemented currently? Total morons.
"Let's give up the most precious possession you have(trade warrant) to some rando Chaos Bearer faggot, for promise of undefined boons from chaos abominations, while hopping he won't just kill you, and also bet your own personal Trade Empire on that".

ArchAngel

Arcane
Mankind at their zenith might've been on par with the Eldar, but Eldar technology eclipses Man's by harnessing things Man simply can't - humanity isn't psychically developed enough for that yet. The Mechanicum now are barely beyond Scavenger Lords reverse engineering their own history, while the Eldar, even the Dark Eldar who have forsaken psychic technology, can harness cosmic power on a whim.

If anything, there's a The Road Less Travelled aspect between Human and Eldar technology - Psychic technology came so easily to the Eldar they never investigated the routes Mankind did, leading to the Iron Men, the Navigators, and space travel by just barging through the Warp. The Eldar look down on Mankind not simply because they're young upstarts, but because they see their technologies as brutish and primitive, the way we might look at the contraptions of the Orks.
Eldar are just spoiled children of billionares (old ones) that got everything handed to them and as result they consider everyone beneath them. They are same kind of retard that never needed to progress and learn lessons of that and of course they made a Chaos God as result.

Mauman

Scholar
Going with the pugs is a sign of cowardice on Owlcats part.

If they had some real balls, they would have given us something like the Black Templar.

Though I do admit it could have been worse....we could have had a fuckin' smurf.

Trithne

Erudite
Going with the pugs is a sign of cowardice on Owlcats part.

If they had some real balls, they would have given us something like the Black Templar.

Though I do admit it could have been worse....we could have had a fuckin' smurf.
I'd prefer an Ultramarine over a Space Wolf.

If anything, it would be more interesting, since you're more likely to have disagreements with an Ultramarine while doing Rogue Trader stuff.

But I would've taken any chapter over the wolves, because the wolves don't behave like space marines. You're not getting a Space Marine companion, you're getting a Space Wolf companion.

Skorpion

Educated
Nice to see anything other than the Smurfmahreens or Bloodcunts that dominate every other franchise lease from GW
Would have enjoyed a Dark Angel instead as that could have made a bit of sense lorewise but yeah anything but blue or red mahreens is :incline:

Sunri

Liturgist
Nice to see anything other than the Smurfmahreens or Bloodcunts that dominate every other franchise lease from GW
Would have enjoyed a Dark Angel instead as that could have made a bit of sense lorewise but yeah anything but blue or red mahreens is :incline:

BA > smurfs > furries

Skorpion

Educated

BA > smurfs > furries
I wasnt ranking them in general, just glad not to see smurfs or edgy tampon chapter represented for once in a GW liscened game.
In general though, never was much of a mahreen fan, rather go with the IG or Mechanicus. Of the mahreens, Iron Hands or Grey Knights are very cool to me.
Then again my true heart is with the Orks because they are da bestest!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Big opinions coming up. But also objectively true.

Coolest loyalist 1st founding chapters:

• White Scars (bike mongols in space bro)
  • Imperial Fists (gave us black templars, and also the most ideal version of SM, despite what smurfs say. Also defended Terra)

Edgy but still interesting:

• Dark Angels (Arthurian mythology in space bro)
  • Blood Angels (space vampires with aggressive periods bro)

The underutilized trio:

• Salamanders (token "good guys" who just happen to be pyros)
  • Raven Guard (guerilla batmans)
  • Iron Hands (robocops)

Overused and hated by almost everyone:
  • Ultramarines (cash cow, for some reason)

Overused and furries:

• Space Wolves (what do you mean our wolfy furkin helmets are cringe?)

Meme:

• Alpha Legion (ancient conspiracy psyop but BIG and IN SPACE)

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
In the way it's implemented currently? Total morons.
"Let's give up the most precious possession you have(trade warrant) to some rando Chaos Bearer faggot, for promise of undefined boons from chaos abominations, while hopping he won't just kill you, and also bet your own personal Trade Empire on that".
Wait, you give away your Trade Warrant? Are you announcing switching sides or something? Wouldn't it be more beneficial for Chaos to have Rogue Trader working as their agent from the shadows? Also, joining Chaos ought to be done on step-by-step basis, not simply by making a single decision. But I guess it's harder to orchestrate slow descent into corruption than it is to give a big decision to the player just like that...

Vatnik Wumao
Big opinions coming up.
Personally, loyalistwise, Iron Hands > all. For the flesh is weak, brothers.

I also like the more low key tragic backstory of their legion in terms of Manus realizing his own hubris way too late and thus condemning his sons to go down a wrong path in lack of his direct guidance to turn things around.

Sunri

Liturgist
Big opinions coming up. But also objectively true.

Coolest loyalist 1st founding chapters:

• White Scars (bike mongols in space bro)
  • Imperial Fists (gave us black templars, and also the most ideal version of SM, despite what smurfs say. Also defended Terra)

Edgy but still interesting:

• Dark Angels (Arthurian mythology in space bro)
  • Blood Angels (space vampires with aggressive periods bro)

The underutilized trio:

• Salamanders (token "good guys" who just happen to be pyros)
  • Raven Guard (guerilla batmans)
  • Iron Hands (robocops)

Overused and hated by almost everyone:
  • Ultramarines (cash cow, for some reason)

Overused and furries:

• Space Wolves (what do you mean our wolfy furkin helmets are cringe?)

Meme:

• Alpha Legion (ancient conspiracy psyop but BIG and IN SPACE)

They could use less know successor chapter or just make their own custom chapter the setting encourages creativity, yet unfortunately we get mostly smurf to play with and death guard as antagonist :|

Reinhardt

Arcane
because the wolves don't behave like space marines.
yeah, they still somewhat humane. not salamanders or, may emprah forgive me for uttering such word, lamenters, but not full retard either, like some other chapters, when you can't even understand why they still considered loyalist.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If we do not get at least one scene where battle sister tries to worship Emperor's Angel when he appears I will be very disappointed.
If she creams her pants while doing it, that will be a bonus

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom