Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

lightbane

Arcane
I remember laughing how the Lamenters' unique weapon in the Deathwatch pnp games had penalties that applied to the user that all other unique/Relic weaponry lacked, top kek. Lamenters' special abilities also sucked, but I dunno if that was due bad balance or intentionally to show their cursed status.
Regarding weak enemies moving all at once, all bad guys should move at the same time to speed up combat, except for combat attacks, these can be one at the time. Still, weak enemies are still dangerous in WH40k's pnp combat, because even a random moron with an automatic weapon can crit and deal massive damage if he's lucky. 10 conscripted civvies with 1 hit point and weak guns can still crit in WH40k's rules, unless here minor enemies cannot crit-roll to speed up things. Some of the pnp games also had Horde and Squad composite enemies to speed up combat and/or to make enemies threatening to high level PCs.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Imperial Fists would be much better than Space Dogs at this point except their colors are poop.

Camouflage is for pussies. Power armor is basically a walking tank anyways.

Always angry visible, all the time.

desktop-wallpaper-sawyer-swenson-on-knights-soldiers-samurai-and-warriors-warhammer-imperial-fist-warhammer-40k-artwork-imperial-fists-thumbnail.jpg

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Imperial Fists would be much better than Space Dogs at this point except their colors are poop.

desktop-wallpaper-sawyer-swenson-on-knights-soldiers-samurai-and-warriors-warhammer-imperial-fist-warhammer-40k-artwork-imperial-fists-thumbnail.jpg
I don't have a problem with visible colors, it's just the yellow looks like piss. They picked the worst possible yellow. I mean, I understand -- you've got 20 chapters of Spase Muhrines, someone's going to get stuck with yellow/black. I just wish it wasn't the literal Crusaders.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I don't have a problem with visible colors, it's just the yellow looks like piss. They picked the worst possible yellow. I mean, I understand -- you've got 20 chapters of Spase Muhrines, someone's going to get stuck with yellow/black. I just wish it wasn't the literal Crusaders.

Just swap out Imperial Fists for Black Templars. Basically the same chapter but with better colors and iconography.

And 50% angrier.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The Imperial Fists are cool. Their armor is the color of heavy construction equipment!
Looks good, too bad it's so hard to paint yellow on miniatures.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/3719455895096926766

Beta is announced!
Lord Captain!

Warhammer Skulls 2023 has delivered some long-awaited news – the Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader beta will start on June 1st!

Dozens of hours of gameplay, new locations, enemies, and intrigues filled with friends and traitors…
But Warhammer Skulls had even more surprises in store for you! Take a look at the brand-new trailer, revealing the true measure of a Rogue Trader's influence and greatness. Be it a colossal voidship or an opulent retinue. And, of course, be among the first to meet our new Space Wolf companion!

Brace yourself, Lord Captain! You and your retinue have an arduous but rewarding adventure ahead. Are you ready to face what's prowling in the darkness of the Warp?

Pre-order Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader at our website: https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/ and get access to the beta!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think fewer Codexers are going to play this game before release than might have if it had been a Kickstarter. Pre-ordering on the website just doesn't have the same bandwagon effect.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
How do you like the news?
Glad we finally have a date, shame it's still a week away.
Btw, how will the beta access works for those that own Alpha?
Separate beta key or just Alpha ver. upgrade itself?
If you had the alpha in Steam, it should remain available. We can't tell you the same for GOG, the beta can replace the alpha there, but we're working to prevent it

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/3719455895096926766

Beta is announced!
Lord Captain!

Warhammer Skulls 2023 has delivered some long-awaited news – the Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader beta will start on June 1st!

Dozens of hours of gameplay, new locations, enemies, and intrigues filled with friends and traitors…
But Warhammer Skulls had even more surprises in store for you! Take a look at the brand-new trailer, revealing the true measure of a Rogue Trader's influence and greatness. Be it a colossal voidship or an opulent retinue. And, of course, be among the first to meet our new Space Wolf companion!

Brace yourself, Lord Captain! You and your retinue have an arduous but rewarding adventure ahead. Are you ready to face what's prowling in the darkness of the Warp?

Pre-order Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader at our website: https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/ and get access to the beta!

Unique artstyle in the Ship mini-game? Neat.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Cautiously optimistic. Of course, the worst aspects of Wrath (imo) were: the bugs, the writing, and the poorly-implemented crusade system, so I'll wait and see if RT handles those things (with ship combat replacing the crusades of course) any better.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only thing: I hope you guys don't plan on releasing the game anywhere around the BG III release. I know most of the users here will play the edgy card and say they won't play the game, but the silent majority will play it.

But to be on topic, the trailer looks okay. I liked the "Chaos" voice distortion at the end from a stylistic point of view.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom