Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I usually don't paste pure promotional stuff here, but, for some reason, I really like this picture. Don't shoot, I promise to keep these types of pastes to a minimum.

Owlcat Games
acum 7 ore
What is a Rogue Trader's greatest desire? There are so many possibilities in the Koronus Expanse, and we don't rush you to answer.

sedbCU4HT0q8ImG8OHBbtNPfhaV2eMKQfnwwygOafrHiegDIFFY9NbOIKNO4o58YlCsrIuQ3aMQW=s640-nd-v1

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I usually don't paste pure promotional stuff here, but, for some reason, I really like this picture. Don't shoot, I promise to keep these types of pastes to a minimum.

Owlcat Games
acum 7 ore
What is a Rogue Trader's greatest desire? There are so many possibilities in the Koronus Expanse, and we don't rush you to answer.
The art is better than most I've seen for the game, but I still prefer John Blanche, especially as I was introduced to 40k around 3rd edition.

Look at this fever dream coolness:

1685148383960.png

And of course, the most iconic version of the Golden Throne:

1685148470012.png

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah man, this is my first time getting up close and personal with anything WarHammer, and I think I understand why everyone likes it so much.

Thanks for the pictures, as well!

Trithne

Erudite
Blanche's art is a big part of why 40k has the styling it has, even though no newer editions of it have really used any of it in favour of realism. The gothic-ness, skulls everywhere, every character on the page unique and dirty and filled with tiny details and gubbins, it all comes from Blanche.

New warhammer keeps the little gubbins, purity seals and candles and braziers and whatnot, but it all lacks that sense of seemingly haphazard chaos you get looking at a Blanche picture. A modern imperial noble will just look like any old vaguely scifi take on the Victorian era, plus some skulls. Blanche would draw something that looked like the Middle ages fell into a car factory.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I think fewer Codexers are going to play this game before release than might have if it had been a Kickstarter. Pre-ordering on the website just doesn't have the same bandwagon effect.
It has more to do with their habit of rolling out basic features that were supposed to be in the base game years after release, without bothering to let you know which ones are in-game yet.

But I will eventually play this.

Desiderius

Patron
We compiled a list in their own forum of several classes missing basic functionality at end of alpha and also beta. Totally ignored. Most of that list eventually made it in game I think, usually without ever appearing in patch notes.

I’ve probably submitted like three hundred bug reports? No evidence that any were even read. None were fixed expeditiously. Some from P:K showed up two years later.

Peachcurl

Arcane
We compiled a list in their own forum of several classes missing basic functionality at end of alpha and also beta. Totally ignored. Most of that list eventually made it in game I think, usually without ever appearing in patch notes.

I’ve probably submitted like three hundred bug reports? No evidence that any were even read. None were fixed expeditiously. Some from P:K showed up two years later.
Maybe you failed to perform the sacred rites of the holy machine when submitting your bug reports?

Camel

Scholar

Congrats with being Owlcat's free beta tester.

Desiderius

Patron
Well you can sleep well tonight knowing that Owlcat declined to realize any surplus value from my labor, you miserable Bolshie fuck.

I’m sure had they chosen to Mishulin would be smoking $1,000 cigars made from the pure oppression of trans brown people as we speak.

Bullet dodged

Desiderius

Patron
(don't give people shit about chipping in on their own time to help make something they love, especially when they're doing so because they've recognized a master of his craft (Mishulin) at work)

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Off topic: I would totally play an offshoot game/dlc where you play a Dark Eldar raider crew.

jungl

Augur
Shadow sex vs sister of I only give out to daddy corpse emperor? Baldurs gate won easy.

lightbane

Arcane
Reminder that Dark Eldar in comparison to Eldar are better in the sense that they won't hide their intentions at any point. If you fall for their tricks, it's on you.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Reminder that Dark Eldar in comparison to Eldar are better in the sense that they won't hide their intentions at any point. If you fall for their tricks, it's on you.

Although, if you work with Dark Eldar for any reason whatsoever, you should probably be ostracized for stupidity.

If there is a list for creatures more trustworthy than emo space elves, it'd probably be a short one because it would just be one line: everyone else.

Even Tzeentchian cultists are probably less likely to backstab you and torture you because they're more lol random/just as planned.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Although, if you work with Dark Eldar for any reason whatsoever, you should probably be ostracized for stupidity.

If there is a list for creatures more trustworthy than emo space elves, it'd probably be a short one because it would just be one line: everyone else.

Even Tzeentchian cultists are probably less likely to backstab you and torture you because they're more lol random/just as planned.
Shouldn't you be the one to make this game? That said, I doubt GW could afford to follow this route. They need to keep their setting both grimdark and kid friendly at once. But totally-not-40K dark elves in space could work, though.

Mauman

Scholar

I do wonder though, is it worth dealing with xeno who will inevitably betray you for (their) greater good (Eldar), or by xeno who will inevitably betray you because they get off on it (Dark Eldar)?

The latter at least feels more honest (ironically) and less sanctimonious.

Regardless, the takeaway here is that Eldar of all kind are filthy xenos that will betray you and deserve to be purged.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

I do wonder though, is it worth dealing with xeno who will inevitably betray you for (their) greater good (Eldar), or by xeno who will inevitably betray you because they get off on it (Dark Eldar)?

The latter at least feels more honest (ironically) and less sanctimonious.

Regardless, the takeaway here is that Eldar of all kind are filthy xenos that will betray you and deserve to be purged.
If you had to choose between Eldar and Dark Eldar, who would you choose?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom