Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
Big opinions coming up. But also objectively true.

Coolest loyalist 1st founding chapters:

• White Scars (bike mongols in space bro)
  • Imperial Fists (gave us black templars, and also the most ideal version of SM, despite what smurfs say. Also defended Terra)

Edgy but still interesting:

• Dark Angels (Arthurian mythology in space bro)
  • Blood Angels (space vampires with aggressive periods bro)

The underutilized trio:

• Salamanders (token "good guys" who just happen to be pyros)
  • Raven Guard (guerilla batmans)
  • Iron Hands (robocops)

Overused and hated by almost everyone:
  • Ultramarines (cash cow, for some reason)

Overused and furries:

• Space Wolves (what do you mean our wolfy furkin helmets are cringe?)

Meme:

• Alpha Legion (ancient conspiracy psyop but BIG and IN SPACE)
How about Crimson Fists?

Any later founding chapters that stand out as cool like Emperor's Spears, etc?

Joyvankek

Learned
fuck spehs mahrins. gib me tempestus retinue.
Those are stormtroopers.
Just as Imperial Guard is Imperial Guard and not some fucking Astra Militarum.
Not some shitty nu-w40k new speak shit.
Fuck GW and their push for new names that they can trademark.

Vatnik Wumao
Personally, loyalistwise, Iron Hands > all. For the flesh is weak, brothers.
Sadly they did absolutely nothing with them in all this Indomitus shit as far as Im aware.
Last I heard they settled the fuck down a bit with the cyborgism and just became hyper-logical tacticians.
Wasted potential tbh. Same shit as with there not being enough crossover in the fluff between the Iron Warriors and the Dark Mechanicum.

Harthwain

Magister
Just as Imperial Guard is Imperial Guard and not some fucking Astra Militarum.
To be honest I thought Astra Militarum is a wider term for the overall armed forced of the Imperium: Imperial Guard, Imperial Navy, Space Marines (you know Adeptus ASTARTES?), not JUST Imperial Guard. That said, I don't mind it being an alternative term. But trying to replace Eldars with Aeldari? It would be fine as the internal Eldar way to describe themselves (it even sounds like something they'd have said), not as a overall term that EVERYONE uses.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What type of melee weapons are in the game? Force swords? Chain blades? Something more exotic like flame sword(using fuel of psionic to produce fire) and is melee viable in this game? I'm curious cuz I enjoyed meleeing in Darktide and this is a vastly different game.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I wish the space marine companion was of a different chapter, such as a Dark Angel hunting a fallen.

Space Yiffs probably fit the mold for a beat-stick melee character, but god are they boring.

Very unusual for a lone space marine to be available to a rogue trader to employ. Unless there's something about the Wolves I've forgotten I don't remember any lore about them doing something like this. Maybe the PC or their ancestor did something for the Wolves way back when and they owe you.

Deathwatch for the Marine companion would have made more lore sense. Basic back story would be simple enough - Brother Whateverius has sent by the inquisition to locate a particularly dangerous xenos artifact. Solid potential for conflict with the PC if there is a significant disagreement about what to do with it once found. As he's Deathwatch the writer can still pick whichever chapter background they find most interesting.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very soon: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/3700314962470150861
Warhammer Skulls 2023 - Announcement

Greetings, Lord Captain!

The voidship Vox Master intercepted an intriguing transmission, and we think it requires your immediate attention!
A grand event, Warhammer Skulls 2023(https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer), will be held on
May 25, 2023
. Not only will this event be enjoyable for all Warhammer fans, but some special news about Rogue Trader is also awaited!
The message says that a brand new trailer of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader will be shown off! Lots of new epic

and vile

as well as a long-awaited

reveal will be waiting for you!

Moreover, you’re invited to glimpse into the nefarious

and its role within the game narrative.
There’s more, Lord Captain! A big announcement about Rogue Trader will be presented at Warhammer Skulls, and we presume that it’s high time to become a founder and pre-order the game on our website if you haven’t done it yet. The Collector’s Edition with a fabulous Cassia figurine is also available at https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/ The whole ship crew is preparing for this opulent event, and we’re thrilled to share this news with you!

Over and out.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
That's why you do one of their successor chapters.
Like Crimson Fists

Crimson_Fists_Last_Stand.jpg

But yeah, I agree, yellow isn't a good paint scheme. I never liked Bad Moons either for that reason.
Lamenters are kind of interesting though because of their fucked up story line.
Just imagine having a companion that is literally hated by the game's RNG, lol.

> Play with Lamenter companion
> Everyone takes a super easy skill check
> Everyone passes except for the Lamenter
> Look at the log
> -100 modifier for being a lamenter. In parenthesis it says "because fuck you, that's why. Love, Owlcat"

Modron

Arcane
Probably, Urban Strife developers showed off a clip of the zombies moving simultaneously as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom