Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sometimes your chracter will have to make tough decisions based on their values, interests and goals. Such decisions affect their convictions that can develop in three directions: Imperials, Benevolentia and Hereticus. Each includes five ranks. The higher the rank, the more zealously the character follows their convictions, and the more noticeably the world around them reacts to their actions and decisions. Promotions through the ranks of each of the three directions opens up access to new dialogue lines, events, unique abilities, and also changes the attitude of others toward your character.

C&C, boys. Finally. Meat's back on the menu!

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Phew, sorry, got here just now.
Soooo, how are you doing here?
I have a question: I looked at Mortismal's video, and, at the end, you can see your ship and so on. Are you guys going to include a fully customizable ship in character creation later on? Or was that there just to be able to name your ship, and extra style points?
Not in a character creation, as far as I know. But the ship can be upgraded.

Joyvankek

Learned
Phew, sorry, got here just now.
Soooo, how are you doing here?
I have a question: I looked at Mortismal's video, and, at the end, you can see your ship and so on. Are you guys going to include a fully customizable ship in character creation later on? Or was that there just to be able to name your ship, and extra style points?
Not in a character creation, as far as I know. But the ship can be upgraded.
Trial by fire eh?
I guess we will be able to go full saint mode.

Longes

Augur
Sometimes your chracter will have to make tough decisions based on their values, interests and goals. Such decisions affect their convictions that can develop in three directions: Imperials, Benevolentia and Hereticus. Each includes five ranks. The higher the rank, the more zealously the character follows their convictions, and the more noticeably the world around them reacts to their actions and decisions. Promotions through the ranks of each of the three directions opens up access to new dialogue lines, events, unique abilities, and also changes the attitude of others toward your character.

C&C, boys. Finally. Meat's back on the menu!

Spinless cowards whining about Imperium being big mean poopyhead nyahtzees get their own alignment!

For my Beta lp I'm going with maximum pro-Imperium. For the actual full release - chaos all the way. Mom, I wanna be a heretek!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My game wishlist :
  1. UnderRail style ship combat for space
  2. Use of psyker powers mainly biomancy outside of combat from charname and companions
  3. Ork genocide + Tau genocide + Eldar enslavement or genocide if not possible
  4. Loyalist path
  5. Chaos path, allowing PC's to become tentacle sorcerers of tzeentch and in end game they should suffer a fate far worse than death
  6. Ammo types for weapons, mainly bolters
  7. Brutal melee weapons and mutilations
  8. Hard decisions to make without a clear "better" choice
  9. Very risky perils of the warp
  10. Dangerous mutations

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The best part of being a Rogue Trader is being a semi-autonomous space pirate.

I just want to go on adventures. Like Star Trek, except I own Starfleet and I'm a dick.

notpl

Arbiter
My game wishlist :
  1. UnderRail style ship combat for space
  2. Use of psyker powers mainly biomancy outside of combat from charname and companions
  3. Ork genocide + Tau genocide + Eldar enslavement or genocide if not possible
  4. Loyalist path
  5. Chaos path, allowing PC's to become tentacle sorcerers of tzeentch and in end game they should suffer a fate far worse than death
  6. Ammo types for weapons, mainly bolters
  7. Brutal melee weapons and mutilations
  8. Hard decisions to make without a clear "better" choice
  9. Very risky perils of the warp
  10. Dangerous mutations
You are going to get - at absolute best - two of these things.

Longes

Augur
Okay, so despite being an "Origin", being a Psyker is basically your class. You buy psychic powers instead of buying your class' normal active abilities and buy psyker talents (like Psy Rating 1-4) in place of your class' perks. Your first Doctrine (class) has 4 perks on it, so looks like you can max out the Psy Rating by midgame and then buy actually interesting things.

Your starting discipline is either Divination or Biomancy, and you can buy Telepathy and Telekinesis. I think allies have different disciplines available to them, but I haven't met them yet.

I'm not a big fan of the classes, largely due to flavor. "Fighter, Marksman, Adept, and Leader" are all kinda bland. I want tech-priest flavored powers, not "Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes" flavored powers for Adept. But obviously this isn't going to change.
Also Psyker really feels like it should just be a Doctrine and not an Origin, but I guess they wanted it to be locked at chargen.

Vityaz

Augur
Anyone else' GPU is reaching some really high temps while playing this? I get that this is a beta and all, but it must be the first cRPG that actually made my GPU go 75+ celsius, lol.

Skorpion

Educated
Anyone else' GPU is reaching some really high temps while playing this? I get that this is a beta and all, but it must be the first cRPG that actually made my GPU go 75+ celsius, lol.
Is there a frame limiting option? If so just put it at 60 or whatever, that solves most heat issues with this engine.

Vityaz

Augur
Is there a frame limiting option? If so just put it at 60 or whatever, that solves most heat issues with this engine.

hmm, that might be it. My FPS was always 120+ which I guess is an overkill anyway for a turn based game lol

Camel

Scholar
You'll need to reveal that one your developers is gay and/or a pedophile if you want this thread to become more active.

(Don't do this)

I guess I'll preorder the game now and get the beta.
The thread has almost 200 pages, what more do you want from an unlreleased game discussion? You shouldn't troll being a mod, but you're the codex mod...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Hmmm so I forked around 100$ yet some youtubers get it even earlier that I do... Well aren't I and anyone else who did that a sucker.

Do you provide valuable free marketing for the company? No? Get in line, paypig.

I provided shekels. Before the game is even out, somebody naive would assume it should count for something.
In some rare occasions it does.
But I am not so stupid to believe that to be the case in majority of cases, so fair I guess.
As Desiderius said, we want to improve the thing we are passionate about. Getting early and giving feedback.
Still it does make us suckers in the end. As Owlcat showed beyond any doubt.

Bruh, what are you talking about? You are getting the game early. Are you really throwing a tantrum that a few YouTubers got the game a little earlier for obvious reasons?

Skorpion

Educated
About how many hours of content is in the beta, anyone know?
I know it just released but I was curious if owlcat mentioned somewhere I missed

Joyvankek

Learned

Hmmm so I forked around 100$ yet some youtubers get it even earlier that I do... Well aren't I and anyone else who did that a sucker.

Do you provide valuable free marketing for the company? No? Get in line, paypig.

I provided shekels. Before the game is even out, somebody naive would assume it should count for something.
In some rare occasions it does.
But I am not so stupid to believe that to be the case in majority of cases, so fair I guess.
As Desiderius said, we want to improve the thing we are passionate about. Getting early and giving feedback.
Still it does make us suckers in the end. As Owlcat showed beyond any doubt.

Bruh, what are you talking about? You are getting the game early. Are you really throwing a tantrum that a few YouTubers got the game a little earlier for obvious reasons?

What would be a point of a tantrum in this case?
Just said my thoughts and thats about it.
If there is a reason as to why one can be butthurt it would be Owlcat lack of interest in one's feedback.
If what codexers said was true considering Wrathfinder.
Even newsbots are allowed to tell jokes sometimes!
Keep trying, maybe at some point you will tell an actually funny one.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
About how many hours of content is in the beta, anyone know?
I know it just released but I was curious if owlcat mentioned somewhere I missed
70 or so hours. It depends on your gaming style
woah thats a lot more than I expected, alright thank you for the answer
The alpha was for 40 hours and had only Act II(a big one though), the beta has Prologue, Act I, Act II, and Act III

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom